Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

❤ ARCHIVES > November Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (last edited Oct 30, 2014 12:08PM) (new)

Erika | 9482 comments November challenges...

1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day.
2. Clean out your old books, read one of the top 5 oldest books on your TBR in the spirit of Clean Your Refrigerator Day.
3. Read a book from an author you like, National Author's Day is this month.
4. Read a book where the heroine overcomes an act of violence in the spirit of International Day for Eliminating Violence Against Women.
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November.

Have fun!

message 2: by Chris (last edited Nov 07, 2014 02:00PM) (new)

Chris | 7142 comments Mod
I'm so in! Bring on November!!

1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day. Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy Currently Reading
2. Clean out your old books, read one of the top 5 oldest books on your TBR in the spirit of Clean Your Refrigerator Day.
3. Read a book from an author you like, National Author's Day is this month. All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2) by Cora Carmack Cora Carmack Currently reading
4. Read a book where the heroine overcomes an act of violence in the spirit of International Day for Eliminating Violence Against Women.
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November.

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I'm in!!

1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day.

message 4: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments We got this!!!

1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day. Patriotic Duty (When Riley Met Cara #1) by C.J. Pinard
3. Read a book from an author you like, National Author's Day is this month. All the Glory by Elle Casey
4. Read a book where the heroine overcomes an act of violence in the spirit of International Day for Eliminating Violence Against Women. Don't Make Me Beautiful by Elle Casey
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November. Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1) by Nancy Naigle

message 5: by Cinthia (last edited Dec 29, 2014 09:45AM) (new)

Cinthia (cinthiah) I'm in!

Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley 11-02
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma 10-28
Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 11-05
By a Thread (By a Thread, #1) by R.L. Griffin 11-21
Undivided (Unwind, #4) by Neal Shusterman 11-26

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Sounds like fun! I'll give it a shot.

message 7: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Good to have you Cinthia and Ashley!!

message 8: by Turtlefrog (last edited Nov 15, 2014 05:44PM) (new)

Turtlefrog | 233 comments 1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day.
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead 11/15/14
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November

message 9: by Vega_girl (last edited Nov 15, 2014 08:38AM) (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments So much fun!!

1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day. Patriotic Duty (When Riley Met Cara #1) by C.J. Pinard 3.5* 11/7
2. Clean out your old books, read one of the top 5 oldest books on your TBR in the spirit of Clean Your Refrigerator Day. Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo 11/15 4*
3. Read a book from an author you like, National Author's Day is this month. All the Glory by Elle Casey
4. Read a book where the heroine overcomes an act of violence in the spirit of International Day for Eliminating Violence Against Women. Don't Make Me Beautiful by Elle Casey
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November. Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1) by Nancy Naigle

message 10: by Chris (new)

Vega_girl wrote: "So much fun!!

5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November. Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1) by Nancy Naigle..."

Look at you, you over achiever! It says an author's first OR last name starts with "N" and you found one with both!! hahaha

message 11: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Hahahahahahaha

message 12: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Haha!!! Actually I have had this book in my library for months!!!!! It is the only one with either!!!!

message 13: by Karen (last edited Nov 07, 2014 05:07PM) (new)

Karen (readingaway84) | 2519 comments Mod
3. Read a book from an author you like, National Author's Day is this month. Addicted After All 11/3 - 5*
4. Read a book where the heroine overcomes an act of violence in the spirit of International Day for Eliminating Violence Against Women. - Draw 11/5 - 4*

Addicted After All (Addicted, #3) by Krista Ritchie Draw (Gentry Boys, #1) by Cora Brent

message 14: by Erika (last edited Nov 12, 2014 07:59AM) (new)

Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1) by Amy Harmon 11/10/14 so I read this because I love Amy Harmon. I'm not really into paranormal but...Amy just gets me every time. Though it was good, this is her first book I couldn't give her 5*, I think it was because of the paranormal...so this book gets 4*
Surviving Us by Erin Noelle by Erin Noelle 11/9/14 3*

message 15: by Chris (last edited Nov 09, 2014 08:42PM) (new)

I'm so in! Bring on November!!

1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day. Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy 11/8 3*
3. Read a book from an author you like, National Author's Day is this month. All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2) by Cora Carmack Cora Carmack 11/9 5*
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November. Clarity of Lines (Thomas Elkin, #2) by N.R. Walker N.R. Walker 11/9 4*

message 16: by Chris (new)

One more to go:

1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day. Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy 11/8 3*
3. Read a book from an author you like, National Author's Day is this month. All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2) by Cora Carmack Cora Carmack 11/9 5*
4. Read a book where the heroine overcomes an act of violence in the spirit of International Day for Eliminating Violence Against Women. Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes, #1) by Beth Flynn 11/14 5*
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November. Clarity of Lines (Thomas Elkin, #2) by N.R. Walker N.R. Walker 11/9 4*

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan Go Chris go!!!

message 18: by Vega_girl (new)

1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day. Patriotic Duty (When Riley Met Cara #1) by C.J. Pinard 3.5* 11/7
2. Clean out your old books, read one of the top 5 oldest books on your TBR in the spirit of Clean Your Refrigerator Day. Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo 11/15 4*
4. Read a book where the heroine overcomes an act of violence in the spirit of International Day for Eliminating Violence Against Women. You Against Me by Jenny Downham 4* 11/17

message 19: by Erika (new)

Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1) by Amy Harmon 11/10/14 so I read this because I love Amy Harmon. I'm not really into paranormal but...Amy just gets me every time. Though it was good, this is her first book I couldn't give her 5*, I think it was because of the paranormal...so this book gets 4*
Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes, #1) by Beth Flynn 11/18/14 5*

message 20: by Erika (new)

Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy 11/20/14 3*

message 21: by Vega_girl (last edited Nov 21, 2014 01:54PM) (new)

4. Read a book where the heroine overcomes an act of violence in the spirit of International Day for Eliminating Violence Against Women. You Against Me by Jenny Downham 4* 11/17
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November. Crossing the Line (World Apart, 1) by Nicola Marsh 2* 11/21

message 22: by Karen (last edited Nov 23, 2014 05:09PM) (new)

1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day One to Hold 11/22 2*
3. Read a book from an author you like, National Author's Day is this month. Addicted After All 11/3 - 5*
4. Read a book where the heroine overcomes an act of violence in the spirit of International Day for Eliminating Violence Against Women. - Draw 11/5 - 4*
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November. Up in Flames 11/23 - 4*

One to Hold (One to Hold, #1) by Tia Louise Addicted After All (Addicted, #3) by Krista Ritchie Draw (Gentry Boys, #1) by Cora Brent Up in Flames by Nicole Williams

message 23: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I'm finished!!!!!

Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy 11/20/14 3*
Out of Play by Nyrae Dawn 11/23/14 4*

message 24: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Yay Erika!!!

message 25: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments DONE

3. Read a book from an author you like, National Author's Day is this month. Falling Under (Falling, #3) by Jasinda Wilder 3* 11/23
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November. Crossing the Line (World Apart, 1) by Nicola Marsh 2* 11/21

message 26: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Congrats Barbara!!!!

message 27: by Chris (new)

Well done, Barbara! I'm done too.

2. Clean out your old books, read one of the top 5 oldest books on your TBR in the spirit of Clean Your Refrigerator Day. Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) by Sylvia Day 11/23 3/5*
4. Read a book where the heroine overcomes an act of violence in the spirit of International Day for Eliminating Violence Against Women. Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes, #1) by Beth Flynn 11/14 5*

message 28: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Nice Chris!!! We had some of the same books :)

message 29: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Awesome, Chris!!!

message 30: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Karen only needs one more!!!!!

message 31: by Karen (new)

I know I am so close!

message 32: by Vega_girl (last edited Nov 25, 2014 04:58PM) (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments You have five days , you got this!!!!

message 33: by Chris (new)

Erika wrote: "Nice Chris!!! We had some of the same books :)"

I missed that you finished already!! Congrats!

Go Karen go!!!!

message 34: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Lol, that's ok. I'm just glad I finished. This was the first month I was ever nervous.

message 35: by Karen (last edited Nov 28, 2014 07:48AM) (new)

Yay! Finished!
1. Read a book that involves the military or a character who is a Veteran, for Veteran's Day One to Hold 11/22 2*
2. Clean out your old books, read one of the top 5 oldest books on your TBR in the spirit of Clean Your Refrigerator Day. Existence 11/28 4*
5. Read a book that the authors first name or last name begins with "N" for November. Up in Flames 11/23 - 4*

One to Hold (One to Hold, #1) by Tia Louise Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines Addicted After All (Addicted, #3) by Krista Ritchie Draw (Gentry Boys, #1) by Cora Brent Up in Flames by Nicole Williams

While it was the reason that it took me so long to finish, I really liked the "Clean your refrigerator out" challenge. I have books on my TBR list for years that I want to read but for some reason I keep putting them off. Glad that I eliminated one here!

message 36: by Susan (new)

Susan Great job Karen!!

message 37: by Chris (new)

Way to go, Karen!! *Claps*

message 38: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Woo hoo, now on to the next challenge!!

message 39: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Yay Karen!!!