Start by marking “Draw (Gentry Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Draw (Gentry Boys, #1)

Draw (Gentry Boys #1)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  12,954 Ratings  ·  670 Reviews
“All my life I’d always known what the Gentry boys were. A set of fraternal triplets born to a depraved family, they were rough, sexy and wild as wolves."

Saylor...
I don’t even know if love is real. After running from the bastard who brutalized me, I limped back to Arizona, choosing a vibrant college town in the hopes of starting over. I never expected to find him there.
C
Published July 29th 2014 by Cora Brent

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
1 Actual Star + 1 Pity I-Dug-The-Brothers Star =
2 "I-Skimmed-The-Fuck-Out-o'-This" Stars

For fuck's sake, this book.

description

This was one of those situations where the rubber just didn't meet the road for me.

description

Don't get me wrong, there was the occasional traction skid...

description

...but for the most part?

Not so much.

In addition to insta-love that just didn't click with me in this case, I just plain didn't really like Saylor.

Don't get me wrong, I don't always have to love the heroine...but I prefer they not be ju
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (5/15/2016)

Stand-alone book 1.

BLURB:

SAYLOR...
Cord Gentry.
He and his brothers were tough, lusty forces of natu
Tate
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT!!!!

SO HAPPY THAT I READ IT!!!

image:

can not wait for another brother!!!!

image:

and also adored the side characters, cousin and his girlfriend!!! so cute!!! and real!!!

~ Becs ~
3.5 ~ 4 stars - review to come

photo gentryboys_zps68c905e9.jpg
Well, welcome to the world of unusual names as Cora Brent brings us the Gentry triplets – Cordero, Chasy and Creedence and don’t forget Saylor who is about to fall in love with Cordero!

Despite their very unusual names, I actually really quite enjoyed getting to know these boys. These boys were not so much raised as dragged up by worthless parents, sometimes neglectful, often violently attentive. They were considered to be the sourge of the prison town they grew up i
Robin Shawn
Aug 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
This started off strong for me but it went downhill quickly. Saylor's wounds barely began to heal before she fell for Cord. She forgave him way too quickly and I didn't see much growth from him. The point where I lost it though was the unprotected sex. Seriously? You think this moment would be a good time to have a freaking baby?! The characters seemed incredibly immature and basically seemed like they were playing grownup.
Stephanie*
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
This review is not going to be pretty...

This book was terrible, IMO.

The writing sucked. Sorry that's a little harsh. I just didn't like the choppiness of the story.

The dialogue was awful & childish.

The heroine was mostly annoying, hell I didn't even like the hero. I couldn't really connect to anyone in this damn book. Not to mention the heroine experiencing a traumatic event, & then falling in love with Cord in like 0.2 seconds. They may have history (a shitty history at that), but fo
Michelle [Helen Geek]
06/01/2015 --

Didn't like this one much at all. So, I'll lay off this author and check back for another at some point.

This NA was very similar to about 50 others out there. Oh .. maybe the story is a bit different, but it has the same degree of angst, the same over the top gratuitous sex, the same insta-love feel.

I finally gave up at about 75%. Nothing new and I got bored. So, my experience with Unruly may be a one-off for this author? If so, too bad.

Happy [maybe] reading this one!

+++++++++++++++
Sabrina
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Draw is currently free!
Amazon US
Sarah Darlington
An amazing novel! I loved every minute of it!!!

When reading the synopsis two things caught my eye. The triplet thing--because that means there will be three books!! And the line 'those white-trash Gentry boys.'

I love reading love stories where either the guy or the girl is a underdog in some way. So because of his poor, abusive upbringing Cord was the underdog. But he's not the same kid from high school. Sure he's still that rough/rowdy/redneck, especially on the exterior. But he's also tender,
Mallory
Aug 12, 2014 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 70% :(

This just wasn't for me. It started off really good, but then it just went downhill and I couldn't finish it. I've seen a lot of reviews of people who loved this so maybe it's just me.
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-romance
*** 4.5 Amore vincit omnia - Stars ***

"Amore vincit omnia.
Love really doesn conquer all."

Wow... I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did. This is a new release and I rarely jump on new releases right away, especially if I don't know the author -but dang, I'm so happy I did. When reading the blurb I was sooo intrigued that I couldn't resist but 1-clicking this .99cent goody! It it didn't disappoint!!

Cord, is pure alpha - he's protective, strong, fearless, sexy and extremely good in th
Jenn
Aug 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
1.5 Fighting & Sexing Stars
I honestly couldn't see why so many readers loved this story. So, once again, I'm in the minority. This story had no appeal, or emotional pull/affect on me. I felt it was just about fighting, sex, and dealing with domestic and child abuse. I probably could have dealt with all of that but in the end... This book did nothing for me. I couldn't connect one iota to any character.

I really did have high hopes for this however, not one moment did I feel like there was an
Aisling Zena
Jul 26, 2017 marked it as on-hold-to-get-back-to
Books 1-4 free on amazon.co.uk at the time of posting
CC
Re read via audible

Since my previous review disappeared this is a good opportunity to write a few comments.

I loved this series (even though it is NA). This will always be my favorite of the series. There is nobody like Cord Gentry!!!

Ok so Cord and Saylor have a BAD history. He did something really horrible to her when they were teenagers. Something unforgivable. But Saylor is a better woman than me, because she does forgive him and finds her soulmate.

The book begins with Saylor leaving a very ba
Carol
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Gentry Brothers series. If you are looking for a good and easy book, this is one for you. I really enjoyed the POV of Cord and Saylor throughout the whole book. I was drawn right in and couldn't put it down until I had finished it. Cord is using his fist to support him and his brothers and Saylor is running from the fist of her past. Cord and Saylor have a past that could have been explored more in depth. After what he did to her as a teenager, I would have liked to ...more
Naksed
As usual, these types of ratings and reviews are highly personal. I am not a huge fan of these types of NA romances but I have been known to occasionally really like one, such as Bully by Penelope Douglas. In this case, for me, there was potential in the story and characters but it was DNF because it fizzled out pretty quickly. I could not comprehend the characters'actions which seemed contradictory to their development. I will not say more so as not to spoil it for any readers. This was not a b ...more
Nikki
Freaking Loved it. I read a few reviews that had me a little worried, but I am happy to report that I loved it and the faults the other reviews found were not faults I found! Cord was a super hot alpha bad boy and Saylor was a spunky girl who had a rough time but was able to turn it around. I absolutely can't wait for Creed's book next!!!!!
Tpagirl
Draw was the first book in the Gentry Boys series by Cora Brent. It was also my first book by the author.

Cord Gentry was a triplet. I loved the bond between the three. They had endured a horrific childhood and although they found their way out of their small town, they were still barely getting by, but they had each other. They were all gorgeous in their own way with loyalty to each other as their foundation.

Saylor McCann grew up with the Gentry boys and it wasn’t pretty. She had a humiliating i
*The Angry Reader*
Sep 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the first half of this book. It was slightly dark, a lot happening without a lot of whining, interesting characters.

The second half had more drama and less of my interest. It wasn't awful, but it danced with OTT.

The story - Saylor leaves her shitty bf and runs into our hero - a jerk from her past. Romance. Problems. The drama existed with the hero and his 2 brothers rather than the hero and heroine. So that was different. And I appreciated that when shit coulda gone super south the aut
Kelly
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
This book started out okay, but then turned into insta love and sex. I don't get how Saylor went from one abusive relationship straight to a guy who slept with her in high school as a bet and didn't make him work for it at all. There was a point when she got upset with Cord for what I found to be a valid reason and he basically said I've given her my all so tough if it's not enough. I don't think he made up for his past at all. But to each their own.
Kate's Corner
So I'm a huge Cora Brent fan and I mean huge. Read all her books and I love them. This book was no different. 4 Gentry Boy Stars.

Ms. Brent has picked a deep meaning quote to start the book with.

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato-

The Gentry boys/men are triplets. Creedence (Creed) is the oldest, Cordero (Cord) and Chaslyn (Chase) is the youngest by about 90 seconds. They have all had a tough upbringing with a junkie Mum and an alcoholic Dad. By sticking together th
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

I enjoyed it much better, the second time I read it.
Three triplets born on the wrong side of tracks, what to do but live up to the reputation the town has placed on them.. And then we have Saylor, who was a dorky little thing in high-school, stuck to her cousin, shy with a crush on all three brothers..
The brothers placed a bet that one of them will pop Saylor's cherry, and let's face it she made it really easy, a drawing and bam thighs spread quicker than any KFC..
And the Cord said, wow what a w
Jamila
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Ugh those boys just make u wana hug the shit out of em
Annie Brewer
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book!!! Loved Saylor and Cord!!! Can't wait for Creed's book! Those Gentry boys are just awesome. And sexy!!! Definitely recommend this read!
Vieira
This was just ok for me. I'm not really interested in reading the next one. Blah blah blah.
Joletta
I'm not usually fond of second chance romances. There are usually some pretty horrific circumstances and/or a whole lotta drama associated with the characters' first try. I am so glad that I didn't follow my instincts and give Draw a pass. Cora Brent can spin a tale and suck you in before you know it.

Cord and Saylor grew up in a nowhere small town who's only claim to fame (so to speak) was the state prison that provided most of the employment to and too many of the citizens for Emblem, Arizona.
Sory
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
MUY wtf!!

1. Un chico te la juega de esa manera tan HORRIBLE y al segundo en que lo ves estás "mojando tus bragas"... sus palabras, no las mías.

2. No veo en ningún momento amor, cariño o relación por aquí. Sólo sexo. Algo bruto, impersonal y rápido.

3. El tipo pasa de un cerdo que tiene sexo con todo a ser un célibe santo sólo con verla. ¿Rasgos de este personaje? Perdidos.

4. Da igual donde estén cuando él le quiera meter la mano en las bragas, ella dirá que sí. Incluso en el trabajo de ella, el c
~`*Ella Lee*`~
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a great, hot Alpha read!

The hero, Cord, is one of 3 smokin hot, ripped, manly triplets.
Their background story is heart breaking.
The history between Cord and Saylor....- well at first I wasn't even sure if I could get over how these two started out (in their high school years).
It was a very entertaining, quick read.
The love between these two - it melted off the pages. I loved how hard Cord fell for Saylor - and the same for her.
I loved her cousin and her cousin's girlfriend, Millie.
Everythi
Sensuality level (1 being kissing only and 5 being Penthouse Letters graph
Heather
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Meh.

I just didn't love any of the characters. I listened to this on audio and I couldn't stand either of the narrators voices. Oh well...
  • Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5)
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • This Way to the Sugar
  • Damaged and the Bulldog (Damaged, #6)
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
  • Happily Ever After: A Day in the Life of the HEA (Rook and Ronin, #3.5)
  • Shipwrecked Summer
  • No One Like You (Barefoot William Beach, #4)
  • Escaping Trouble (Trouble, #2)
  • Recitatif/To Room Nineteen
  • Claiming Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #3)
  • Since Drew
  • Stupid Love (Stupid in Love, #3)
  • Things Liars Say (#ThreeLittleLies, #1)
  • Save Me (Make or Break, #3)
  • Summer's Temptation (Vandeveer University, #1)
  • Leave a Mark
  • Hot For His Hostage (The WILD Boys Of Special Forces, #6)
I love wild romantic stories, grunge era flannel, my vintage Kenmore sewing machine, embroidered dishcloths and absolutely everything that has to do with 1980s pop culture (i.e. leg warmers, scrunchies, big hair, early Madonna, boom boxes, wood paneled walls, stonewash jeans, etc).

If you believe in Happily Ever After and the unique magic of a John Hughes film, chances are I'll love you too!!

Email:

• Hold (Gentry Boys #5)
  • Walk (Gentry Boys, #6)
  • Edge (Gentry Boys, #7)
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato” 13 likes
“There are a million mysteries wrapped up in every heart.  It would be foolish to believe they can be easily sorted.” 6 likes