Between Words discussion

{[ANNOUNCEMENTS!]} > MOD: Colleen BOTM

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) I will be asking for genre or theme suggestions, polls, and BOTM suggestions.

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) I would like to do single books instead of series. I figure many of you have the same problem as I do; being in the middle of a lot of series of books.
Any suggestions of stand alone books for December are welcome.

message 3: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 83 comments Here are some suggestions of good stand alone books. Though I'm not sure if any of these have been done as BOTMs yet though:
The Fall by Ryan Quinn Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Every Day (Every Day #1) by David Levithan Bait by Alex Sanchez Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer Flat-Out Love (Flat-Out Love, #1) by Jessica Park < is in a series, but does well as a stand alone book seeing as the others in the series deal with separate characters.

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) Thank you Jenni! I don't think any of these have been used before.

message 5: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 83 comments Not a problem! Glad to help ~

message 6: by Christine (last edited Nov 01, 2014 09:10PM) (new)

Christine | 116 comments How about The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith ?

and I second Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer !

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) Thanks you guys!

message 8: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Vazquez (nessaaaa) | 2 comments Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The Space Between by Breanna Yovaoff... i think thats how you spell her name
Its Kind of a Funny Story by Ned
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

message 10: by Gillian (new)

Gillian (gillian07) | 5 comments Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins but i'm not sure if this was already done as BOTM..

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

It has not been yet :)

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) I plan on taking a poll on the 15th.

message 13: by Avid Reader and Geek Girl (last edited Nov 26, 2014 06:22AM) (new)

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) There was a tie for the stand alone read for December so I choose from the two that were tied we will be reading It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.

It's Kind of a Funny Story
Hope you enjoy.

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) I'm taking suggestions for January!

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) February book of the month is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

message 16: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 83 comments Yay! I am excited to reread this book!

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) Jenni wrote: "Yay! I am excited to reread this book!"

Good! I can't wait to talk about it!

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) March book of the month is Big Little Lies