WRITERS' CORNER discussion

Alessia's Writing > Conception

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴘʟᴏᴛs. ɪᴅᴇᴀs.

I'll be posting story ideas here - something like the blurbs of books that haven't been written yet. If you'd like to use them, just ask! I might say no, though. >.<

message 2: by alessia (last edited Oct 30, 2014 03:28AM) (new)

alessia (classick)
ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. ᴀɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ, sᴄɪ-ғɪ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ɴᴏᴠᴇʟ

Mia Amanda Russo lives in the skeleton of what we call home. Dark clouds fill the sky 24/7, the seas and oceans are completely polluted, buildings are cracked and tumbling to the ground, the air is mixed with smoke and the world is a crazed and mad place. The generations before the last are poisoned, their thoughts turned barbaric by the toxic gas eruption years ago. Now, at the age of thirteen, all children are forced by the tyrant government to compete in the Blood Ground, a game that defines life from death for the rest of their life. Mia is thirteen. She's going to fight for her life, literally. But she doesn't stand a chance.

message 3: by alessia (last edited Dec 17, 2014 10:44PM) (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴏᴛᴇs. ᴀ sʜᴏʀᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟɪsᴛɪᴄ ғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Mélodie Chanson does not live up to her name. It means melody in French, but Mélodie cannot sing, nor can she play an instrument. An utter failure besides her pretty face and good grades, Mélodie doesn't think she'd stand a chance in winning the new, perfect boy's heart. But when she catches his attention and has a decent conversation with him along the corridors, she's more determined than ever to be the one he falls for.

Known as the second Beethoven, Klavier Möglich is the best pianist anybody has ever heard of. And he's deaf, just as Beethoven was. The only friend he has is none other than Mélodie, who loves to hear him play.

When school is cancelled for a week due to the heavy snow, Mélodie turns to Klavier to teach her how to play the piano so she can impress everybody during the Christmas concert, which she had signed up for in her plan to capture the Jackson's heart. Klavier agrees and teaches Mélodie how to play one of the songs he composed, which is the most beautiful song to ever fit the Christmas season.

During the Christmas concert, everyone is taken aback by Mélodie's "talent" and even Jackson is entranced by the melody. But the next step Mélodie has to make in her pursue will test her friendship with Klavier and her desperation to be loved by Jackson.

He's deaf. He won't know. And he'll never find out.

used by emmeline

message 4: by alessia (last edited Dec 17, 2014 10:44PM) (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ᴅᴀʏs. ᴀ sʜᴏʀᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟɪsᴛɪᴄ ғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Zela wanted to die. The world had already turned its back on her. Everybody called her a loser, a failure, a disappointment. And nobody convinced her otherwise. She didn't see the cons of dying. She didn't see why she needed to hesitate before putting her head through the loop.

So now, Zela is dead. But she has to stay and watch the world for three special days - the day before she died, the day she died, and the day after she died.

And at the end of the three days, she would be given the choice to either return to the world and give up suicide, or leave and make all the days after the Day After.

used by Anastasia

message 5: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ. ᴀ sᴄɪ-ғɪ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ɴᴏᴠᴇʟ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ Vɪᴠɪ's, Oᴀᴋᴡʏʀᴍ's, ᴘᴏsᴛ ᴏɴ Tᴜᴍʙʟʀ

It had always been here.

The warm comfort in me that wasn't mine. The soft voice that would calm me down when I was furious, cheer me on when I shook with fear and sing me to sleep when my heart was broken. That voice, that feeling of comfort, was a fragment of my Soul Mate's life force. Everybody was born with somebody else's Comfort. And everybody was meant to meet the owner of that Comfort - their soul mate. My parents possessed each other's Comforts and they were Soul Mates. They practically crossed seas to find each other - my mother belonged to New York and my father Shanghai.

The power of being Linked - being Soul Mates - is powerful and can do almost anything to keep Soul Mates together. Even things like Death need the help of Chance and Luck to tear Soul Mates apart. But my parents were not lucky like most of the other people in the world. My father went missing after his plane went missing in the middle of its flight. But he is probably dead. It has been almost two years since he failed to come home.

My mother never felt his Comfort again. Your Soul Mate's life force does not get replaced by another one. So if you lose your Soul Mate, they are not every coming back. Losing your Soul Mate is the most devastating thing that could ever happen to you. It is worst than being born with no Soul Mate - just like my elder brother was. So I never imagined it happening to me, in fear that if I even think of it, it might happen.

But today I woke up, sweating, panting, crying, screaming his name.

I desperately searched but I could not find it.

I could not feel his Comfort in me.

message 6: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ɪᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴛʏ. ᴀɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ, sᴄɪ-ғɪ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ɴᴏᴠᴇʟ

Amber Cullen is done for. The world was in an uncontrollable state of panic because of the Mortem Disease, which was running lose and killing anybody who caught it, including Amber herself. But Amber woke up, even if she can't say the same for the others. And although she isn't happy about it, she has no choice but to live on. Alone, with no place to go.

With no technology and nothing mechanical that works, many are left with no means to travel long distances to England, where the rumored antidote and immunity is kept. The only thing that gets anybody anywhere is money and information. But there's hardly anything the government doesn't know, so money is the only way. And everybody would be willing to kill for it.

The streets are dangerous and horrors lie in the shadows, but Amber doesn't have a choice. She's willing to do anything to get to England. And that includes teaming up with a teenager who has the absurd skill of beating people into a bloody pulp and a moody boy who might possesses the one and only key to save humanity.

message 7: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ʙᴏᴜɴᴛʏ. ᴀ ғᴀɴᴛᴀsʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴜᴛʀᴇ ɴᴏᴠᴇʟ

"There's a bounty on yer head, girl, ain't ya gonna run?" Viden is a bounty hunter and killer, in other words, an assassin who doesn't care you if you end up in one piece or in a million pieces. It might sound cool, if only the rest of the world wasn't made of bounty hunters and killers. Frankly speaking, Viden's name isn't even known in his own town, much less the entire world. But that would all change if he gets his hands on Xida, the King's missing daughter. If it were the world before, killing or even saying her name the wrong way would get you, your family, your extended family, and the rest of your little town, or city, killed. But now isn't the world before. Now, if you kill the King, his family, his extended family, and the rest of his city, or kingdom, you're a hero. And a murderer.

But there's hardly any chance of that anymore. The King, the Queens, and the whole table of Princes and Princesses are dead. Except for Xida, the second youngest of them all. Bring Xida to the government and you'll be rewarded handsomely. You'll become a lord, or lady, with so much wealth it could last you (your family, your extended family, and the rest of your little town or city) for your whole lifetime. But there is one condition. Xida must be brought alive. If she is killed, you (your family, your extended family, and the rest of your little town or city) will be killed as well, just like the old days.

So when Viden wakes up to find a small, starving little girl who calls herself Xi in his little tent, he can't believe his luck. And that's the beginning of Viden's legend. But everybody else is searching for Xida, and he can't let them take his fame and glory away from him.

He'll kill anyone, absolutely anyone, who gets in his way.

Three companions, two kingdoms and one bounty.

message 8: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴀɢᴀɪɴ & ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. ᴀ ʙʟᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ʀᴇᴀʟɪsᴛɪᴄ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀɴᴛᴀsʏ ғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟ ғᴀᴠᴏᴜʀɪᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴇ

"If you were to write a story about us, what would the title be?"
"I would never write a story about us, it would only be one word long."
"And what word would that be?"
"Screw it, we - whatever this is between us - doesn't exist. Not in the way you think it does."
"Fine, if I were to write a story about us, what do you want the title to be? Darwin and Carmen?"
"That's an Eleanor and Park rip-off."
"Then? Love Story the thousandth and first version"
"How about Death and Cemeteries? Danger and Casualties? Deadlines and Consequences?"
"That makes it sound as if somebody dies."
"Somebody does. You do."

Darwin needs more time. He doesn't want to graduate high school and leave town for college yet. He wants to stay and win Carmen's heart. He wishes that he lives in another dimension where both Carmen and him get together like in some romance novel.

Carmen needs to get away. She's sick and tired of her home. She's sick and tired of high school and the drama and Darwin that comes with it. She wishes that Darwin would just disappear and she can leave the hell she lives in.

When they throw their pennies into the fountain, their wishes come true. But not in the way Darwin and Carmen wanted them to.

Now Darwin keeps falling in love with Carmen and every time he gets close enough, he's torn away and tossed into another dimension, where he loves Carmen still. Even if she only sees him as another person on the street, in the bus, at school. Even if she hates him and wishes he'd just die and leave her alone. And even more when she loves him back. Darwin is thrown everywhere, into the future, back in time, into other worlds.

Now Carmen sees Darwin everywhere. She can't shake him off. And she can't stop herself from falling in love with him. But however tight she clings to him, trying to save him from the danger she can't see, he's torn away from her. Every time they fall in love under a different sky, Carmen has to bury Darwin into different soil. Carmen is falling in love, but her love keeps slipping away.

Now every time Darwin wakes up, he wonders where he'll be thrown to next.

Now every time Carmen wakes up, she wonders how she'll bury him this time.

Now every time he says hello, he says goodbye, again and again.

Now every time she falls in love, her heart is broken, again and again.

"What will you name the story of us, Carmen?"
"Again and Again."

message 9: by alessia (last edited Oct 30, 2014 05:01AM) (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴅᴏᴡɴ. ᴀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Start the story at chapter 10 (or the number of chapters you plan to have). End at chapter 0. (Or start with something like "12 AM" then "11 PM" and go on till "12 AM" again.) Basically, tell the story from the ending to the start. I think this would be good for a mystery novel? Like a story of a murder in reverse?

message 10: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs. ᴀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀs ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ

Start a scene or story with these words: These are the things I no longer wish to understand.

message 11: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴ. ᴀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ ʙʏ sᴀʀᴀʜsᴇʟᴇᴄᴋʏ.ᴄᴏᴍ
"I haven't told anyone this before, but I'm going to tell you now." This would probably be a good prologue for a story using Countdown.

message 12: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ. ᴀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Your character belongs to a world where once a child is born, the day they would die would be tattooed onto their arms. The date is never miscalculated. Everyone dies on the day which is marked on their arm. It'd been that way for hundreds of years. Until your character wakes up to find that they were supposed to die yesterday.

message 13: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
sᴜɴsᴇᴛ. ᴀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

"...and they rode away into the sunset... Happily-"

"What's a sunset?"

"Well...I don't know, but my granddad saw one once."

Probably would do good in an apocalypse setting.

message 14: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ғʀᴇᴇᴢᴇ. ᴀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Your character can freeze time. And along with time, the rest of the world would freeze. One day, when your character freezes time and hurries to school - because they were late - they pass by another person. That person looks completely ordinary, but there's something wrong. He's moving.

message 15: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴇxɪsᴛ. ᴀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

"They sent me because I don't exist."

message 16: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ғᴜɴᴇʀᴀʟ. ᴀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

There's a funeral. There are people crying and wiping away tears. Your character is not one of them. Your character is the former owner of the body in the coffin.

Writing from the viewpoint of the dead person is kind of like what I wanted to do for Three Days.

message 17: by alessia (last edited Oct 30, 2014 05:24AM) (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴅʀᴜɢs. ᴀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

your main character lives in a world where emotions are produced, bottled up and sold like drugs. Your character herself is addicted to the drugs. Until their best friend whispers, "How do they produce these emotions?" Maybe the production of emotions is not as harmless as it claims to be.

message 18: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
ᴡᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ. ᴀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Write about a wedding from three different points of view.

message 19: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
sᴇɴᴛᴇɴᴄᴇs. ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛs

Here's a list of sentences and phrases to have in your story/begin your story with:

- There were three of them.

- She told me she wanted me to break it.

- It came, bringing a tide of dread with it. It was a text. It said, "Now."

- "I need to talk to a human," he demanded, "now."

- "This blindfold isn't going to work. I know exactly where I am."

- I flipped the page. Sitting in between the pages sat a key. "You know what to do," she'd written on the page.

- "You killed my love once. Now I'm going to kill yours a thousand times."

message 20: by alessia (last edited Oct 30, 2014 05:56AM) (new)

alessia (classick)
ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀs. ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛs

Here's a list of horrifying writing prompts:

- "Passengers; this isn't your captain speaking."

- I woke up to hear knocking on glass. At first, I thought it was the window until I heard it come from the mirror again.

- A walk in the woods helps me relax and relieve tension. The fact that I'm dragging a body along with me should be irrelevant.

- Every human being is born with a birthmark signifying a great deed they are fated to do in their lives. Your first child has just been born with the mark of a murderer on their face.

- I was having a pleasant dream until what sounded like hammering woke me. After that, I could barely hear the muffled sound of dirt covering the coffin over my own screams.

- "I can't sleep," she whispered, crawling into the bed with me. I woke up cold, clutching the dress she was buried in.

- I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, "Daddy, check for monsters under my bed." I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me, quivering and whispering, "Daddy, there's somebody on my bed."

- You get home, to the apartment in which you have been living alone in since the last two years. You're tired after a long day's work and you're ready for a relaxing night alone. You reach for the light switch, but another hand is already there.

- I never go to sleep, but I keep waking up.

- The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails into my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream. But then I saw my alarm clock read 12:06. I heard the closet door creak open.

- In all of the time I've lived alone in this house, I swear to God I've closed more doors than I've opened.

- A girl heard her mom yell her name from downstairs, so she got up and started to head down. As she got to the stairs, her mom pulled her into her room and said, "I heard that too."

- She asked me why I was breathing so heavily. I wasn't.

- My wife woke me up last night to tell me there was an intruder in our house. She was murdered by an intruder two years ago.

- I always thought my cat had a staring problem. She always seemed fixated on my face. Until one day, I realized that she was always looking just behind me.

- There's nothing like the laughter of a baby. Unless it's 1 AM and you're home alone.

message 21: by em_panada (new)

em_panada OOOoooh! I like 'Play These Notes' - probably because I love the piano so much!

Besides that, you have some really interesting prompts!

message 22: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Thank you~ c:

message 23: by em_panada (last edited Dec 07, 2014 03:01PM) (new)

em_panada Actually, do you mind if I use it (Play These Notes)?

message 24: by anastasia (last edited Dec 17, 2014 10:32PM) (new)

anastasia  (anastasiarunelle) | 51 comments Could I possibly use Three Days? I've never tried writing anything in that genre before even though I really want to. Those types of genres aren't really in my forte, but I feel like Three Days would be something I could write and make a decent story out of it. It's totally fine if you decline, though.

message 25: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Yeah, sure. Go ahead, the both of you. c:

message 26: by em_panada (new)

em_panada YES!!!! Thank you!!!

message 27: by anastasia (new)

anastasia  (anastasiarunelle) | 51 comments Thank you ^.^