What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Akiko: The Menace of Alia Rellapor, Volume 1
This topic is about Akiko
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Children's chapter book with floating purple thing? not on earth [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leen (last edited Oct 29, 2014 12:20AM) (new)

Leen | 4 comments I dont remember much but, i do remember there was this girl and some other thing or person with her and also a purple blob. i remember reading it in 4th grade, maybe 2010'ish. The story im sure is not based on Earth, i really have fogotten what its about. if you have any idea please reply! oh it's a chapter book and it might be a series, it has some pictures in it. think fantasy

message 2: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 184 comments What genre would you say it is? and is the purple blob and the girl on the cover or in the story itself?

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly | 25 comments Could it be the Akiko series by Mark Crilley?

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2358 comments Maybe a long shot, but Dread Companion by Andre Norton? The main character, a young woman, gets drawn into a strange world by the two children she's been hired to take care of. (The story begins on Earth, where she's hired, but she and the family leave almost immediately and the story takes place on some other planet.) One of the things they encounter in this strange world is a being they perceive, at least initially, as a big purple blob.

message 5: by Leen (new)

Leen | 4 comments Holly wrote: "Could it be the Akiko series by Mark Crilley?"

YES THANK YOU SO MUCH IT IS!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Leen, there are a lot of Akiko books. Does it matter to you which one gets shelved? Maybe you can pick a title.

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly | 25 comments Leen wrote: "Holly wrote: "Could it be the Akiko series by Mark Crilley?"

YES THANK YOU SO MUCH IT IS!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU"

Hooray! :)