Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Group Feedback & Merch > Updates on Group Changes!

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (last edited Oct 28, 2014 09:06PM) (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
Hey guys! I wanted to give you some updates, and also ask your opinions on a few things!

-We are moving the club to youtube.com/vaginalfantasy, so please subscribe there!

-We will be trying to add extra content there aside from the general hangout, one of us will be doing a vlog on the alt book each month, as well as, when we can, doing author interviews! Being on our own channel will expand our options!

-Also, there are so many requests for knowing the books in advance, that I will do my best to list the following months' book choices on the club page from now on! And if you have theme suggestions that would fit our newish format, please post them in the "Book Suggestions" folder! Like, "Game of Thrones premieres in April, let's re-read that!" or something. Those suggestions help me out for sure!

-On the podcast front: We are starting one as an audio one, separate from the hangout! We (hopefully this month) will be doing a monthly podcast on the subject of the month that unifies our two books, in pop culture in general. (i.e. Superheroes, or Zombies). I think this will give entry to new people to listen to the podcast and join the show, and tie in nicely to what we've established already!

Question to you though:
-What do you think about keeping the name of the podcast in general to be "Vaginal Fantasy", or changing it to another name to differentiate a bit? Would it be odd to change it? Or good to separate it from the book club itself, for new people?

-Any name suggestions if you think we should change?

Appreciate your going along with the ride with the changes! It won't be different, just better, hopefully! If we can get it together, well have our first podcast mid-month, so get your feedback in now please!

OXOX
Felicia

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (theloudlady) | 180 comments If it is just the audio from the video hangout the name should be kept the same.

However, if a new name will attract more followers & people interested in the group by all means change it.

message 3: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

It won't just be the audio, it will be a separate podcast not talking about the book, but the theme we choose for the books each month, in general in pop culture.

So for example, this month is Superheroes. So we'd discuss romance and women in that genre in general in pop culture on the podcast. The Hangout will discuss the book. Does that make sense?

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 28, 2014 09:24PM) (new)

Felicia wrote: "It won't just be the audio, it will be a separate podcast not talking about the book, but the theme we choose for the books each month, in general in pop culture.

So for example, this month is Sup..."

I have no experience in being a content creator so this is all nighttime musings and may be completely off base.

From what I can tell

I think it depends on a couple of things.
1. The audience you want. If you want a general discussion on genres and sub genres, that's a much wider audience than people who are interested in paranormal romance and changing the name might help in spreading awareness.

If it's still going to be connected to paranormal romance, sword and laser did okay with having the same name on its audio and its video and changing the name might have made it confusing. But I think the same people were watching their video as listening to their audio. I don't think they had two distinct audiences.

2. Inside your heart you have a category for this creation of yours and what it has become. If you want this podcast to be very much still connected to the video show in heart and spirit, I'd keep the name. If you want it to become a distinct entity then maybe changing the name will make it easier in terms of how you as a creator make decisions for where it goes.

message 5: by taranova (last edited Oct 28, 2014 11:39PM) (new)

taranova | 25 comments Felicia,
It seems that you have gone to quite some length to homogenize the "Vaginal Fantasy" name and presence on the web (You Tube channel, goodreads.com/vaginalfantasy, twitter, tumblr, etc.). In light of that, I think it would be weird to call the podcast something other than "Vaginal Fantasy."

But maybe something like "________, the Vaginal Fantasy podcast" would work. (It is Vaginal Fantasy night so I am too drunk to think of any clever names - the only thing that comes to mind is "Oral Pleasures" and that is probably more dirty sounding than I think it is).

Anyway, I am excited about the new changes!

message 6: by Silke (last edited Oct 29, 2014 02:50AM) (new)

Silke | 3 comments I'm very excited about these changes! I'm looking forward to the podcast and the alt book vlogs!

I like taranova's name suggestion, "___, the Vaginal Fantasy podcast".

message 7: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin The Vaginal Fantasy Broadcast! Eh? BROADcast? ....I'll show myself out

message 8: by Anya (last edited Oct 29, 2014 06:59AM) (new)

Anya | 5 comments taranova wrote: " ... (It is Vaginal Fantasy night so I am too drunk to think of any clever names - the only thing that comes to mind is "Oral Pleasures" and that is probably more dirty sounding than I think it is). ..."

Or ...for an audio only podcast ... AURAL PLEASURES ;)

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna | 135 comments I also agree with taranova, but if you want to also allow a wider audience to jump on board (I.e. People who might be scared of the word "vaginal", you could use "VF". So, "____, a VF podcast". Or "VF: a peak under the blanket" (I kinda like something tongue and cheek like that, since it will be a discussion of background themes, history and context). Either way I'm really excited for more VF content!!!

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna | 135 comments I also agree with taranova, but if you want to also allow a wider audience to jump on board (I.e. People who might be scared of the word "vaginal", you could use "VF". So, "____, a VF podcast". Or "VF: a peak under the blanket" (I kinda like something tongue and cheek like that, since it will be a discussion of background themes, history and context). Either way I'm really excited for more VF content!!!

message 11: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Anya wrote: "Or ...for an audio only podcast ... AURAL PLEASURES ;) ..."

Cute!

message 12: by PointyEars42 (new)

PointyEars42 | 476 comments Anya wrote: "taranova wrote: " ... (It is Vaginal Fantasy night so I am too drunk to think of any clever names - the only thing that comes to mind is "Oral Pleasures" and that is probably more dirty sounding th..."

Vaginal Fantasy - The Aural Edition.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 124 comments PointyEars42 wrote: "Vaginal Fantasy - The Aural Edition. "

I totally support this play on words!

message 14: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (nerdyspinster) | 255 comments Love the play on words here! Heh, made me think "Vaginal Fantasy Does Aural", but that's probably too dirty for a podcast title. :P

I like combining taranova and Anya's suggestions of "Aural Pleasures - a Vaginal Fantasy podcast" and I also like PointyEars42 suggestion of "Vaginal Fantasy - The Aural Edition". I think either title works.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (stormfire298) | 52 comments Does the name also depend on where/how it's available? I think that if I were looking for the pod cast if it's the same as the video in would assume it's audio ripped off the video. So I like VF- the aural edition type name to indicated related but different. Also, amusing. Will the podcast be by you same ladies?

message 16: by Delos (last edited Oct 30, 2014 04:37AM) (new)

Delos | 0 comments taranova wrote: ..."Oral Pleasures"..."

I love this idea so much! And, it seems to have unique and great SEO for podcasts (for now). Aural Pleasures is a cute pun on that, but - it seems there's already a podcast called that, and really I think you'd decrease the amount of people who might accidentally stumble upon it, or try to find it but fail, by at least 50%. (Sadly, most people not knowing it or how to spell it :)

message 17: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Hee, hee. Loving all the fun and VF inspired podcast name suggestions!

Thanks so much for posting the books in advance when possible, that's really helpful for me to secure them from the library in time!

message 18: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela (HazelWitch) | 11 comments Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "PointyEars42 wrote: "Vaginal Fantasy - The Aural Edition. "

I totally support this play on words!"

Ditto. Wordplay wins in my book. Either iteration would be appropriate in fitting with the general theme of this book club, IMO.

message 19: by Mikaela (last edited Nov 01, 2014 05:51PM) (new)

Mikaela (HazelWitch) | 11 comments Anna wrote: "I also agree with taranova, but if you want to also allow a wider audience to jump on board (I.e. People who might be scared of the word "vaginal", you could use "VF". So, "____, a VF podcast". Or "VF: a peak under the blanket" (I kinda like something tongue and cheek like that, since it will be a discussion of background themes, history and context). Either way I'm really excited for more VF content!!!

Between the Sheets - A Vaginal Fantasy Aural Podcast

Vaginas aren't scary, they're warm, cuddly and inviting!

message 20: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (whatlovelybooks) | 0 comments I like Vaginal Fantasy- Pillow Talk.

message 21: by Gina (new)

Gina Briganti | 78 comments That's my favorite so far, too. It tells the first-timer what they need to know, and keeps it easy as a brand.

message 22: by Orange (new)

Orange | 56 comments I am so excited about the podcast! Personally I love the Vaginal Fantasy brand name. I get a kick outta telling people about it too, it almost always gets a chuckle. I say don't change it, keep with your VF branding. Maybe just add to it like others have suggested.

"Felicia Days Vaginal Fantasy Popcast"?

message 23: by Melody (new)

Melody (funkmelodious) | 7 comments I like VF--Pillow Talk too. I like the play on fiction reading vs. pop culture discussion. Vaginal Fantasy vs. Vaginal Reality?

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 89 comments Another vote for Aural Pleasure/Edition, though Pillow Talk is a close second.

message 25: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 27 comments What about Ear sex?

message 26: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie (marjoriequinn) | 118 comments We read and discuss the books people are embarrass to talk about.

message 27: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (meshinda) | 1 comments I really like Aural Vaginal Fantasy or VFxtra seems good too.

message 28: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Bens (smutslut) | 2 comments Did anything ever come of this?

message 29: by Zen (new)

Zen (zenvicious) | 12 comments I feel really dumb, but I have looked everywhere on the various VF social media sites and I cannot figure out what time the show actually starts. I live on central time. Can anyone help?

message 30: by Sean Lookielook (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
Sasha wrote: "I feel really dumb, but I have looked everywhere on the various VF social media sites and I cannot figure out what time the show actually starts. I live on central time. Can anyone help?"

9 pm.

When in doubt go to the youtube page and select "live streams". https://www.youtube.com/user/vaginalf... and find the next event. Clicking on the video link will even give you a countdown.

message 31: by Zen (new)

Zen (zenvicious) | 12 comments Thank you, Sean!

message 32: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Sasha wrote: "I feel really dumb, but I have looked everywhere on the various VF social media sites and I cannot figure out what time the show actually starts. I live on central time. Can anyone help?"
So sorry, we need to work on that, I'l try to figure it out how to make it more prominent!

message 33: by DeadlyHausfrau (new)

DeadlyHausfrau | 4 comments taranova wrote: "Felicia,
It seems that you have gone to quite some length to homogenize the "Vaginal Fantasy" name and presence on the web (You Tube channel, goodreads.com/vaginalfantasy, twitter, tumblr, etc.). ..."

I am 6.8 Billion percent behind "Oral Pleasures: The Vaginal Fantasies Podcast". That means I have all of my votes plus 68 Million other peoples' votes that I have on my shelf.

message 34: by Lori (new)

Lori Mccarthy | 8 comments September meet up is on a Monday this time? 10/5 is a Monday.

message 35: by Sean Lookielook (new)

@Lori Felicia and Veronica have schedule conflicts next month, so yes the hangout is scheduled for the Monday.

message 36: by Lori (new)

Lori Mccarthy | 8 comments Sean wrote: "@Lori Felicia and Veronica have schedule conflicts next month, so yes the hangout is scheduled for the Monday."
Thanks so much!
I heard them talking about soeaking engagements, but didnt hear it was a move to Monday.

message 37: by Miya (new)

Miya (nursethalia) I'm fine with keeping it Vaginal Fantasy, although Pillow Talk sounds super cute!

message 38: by Lex (new)

Lex | 27 comments Is it possible for the book list (with the previous reviews and everything) be updated? Unfortunately I have really fallen behind but I do want to read the books that got great reviews!

message 39: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Lex wrote: "Is it possible for the book list (with the previous reviews and everything) be updated? Unfortunately I have really fallen behind but I do want to read the books that got great reviews!"
I'll look into it, not sure who was maintaining it but maybe it's someone who's gone now. Thanks Lex!

message 40: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 493 comments Mod
Lex wrote: "Is it possible for the book list (with the previous reviews and everything) be updated? Unfortunately I have really fallen behind but I do want to read the books that got great reviews!"

Are you talking about the book and series discussion index? I was updating it, but then we got a wiki and it seemed like most people were using it to see what books we had read. I can absolutely update it if people are going to use it! Might take me some time to get it caught up though. ;)

message 41: by Serendi (new)

Serendi Where IS the wiki?

message 43: by Serendi (new)

Serendi Thanks much!

And that is a *seriously* pink wiki!

message 44: by Sean Lookielook (new)

Serendi wrote: "Thanks much! And that is a *seriously* pink wiki!"

FYI, When Wikia asked for a background color, I sampled the original logo. It's "E8489A". It's a little bold, but I think it works.

The wiki is more or less up to date as of today. If anyone has suggestions for improvements they can comment there or on this thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 45: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

I will post the Wiki link in the top header info so ppl can find it easier!

message 46: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 2 comments Hello! I didn't know where to post to let everyone know I'm brand new and I'm excited to be a new member of the group. I'm Jamie! Nice to virtually meet everyone :).