Book Review Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Book Review Pool #5 - CLOSED

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle (last edited Nov 30, 2014 02:50PM) (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Choose a book here to read and review!

Write your selection on this thread. Provide your email address and the format you require so that the author can send it to you. Do not pick a book that has already been chosen unless they have all been picked - then you may choose whichever one you want! Also, please pick only one at a time!

Book Name: Zet and the Egyptian Princess Mystery (Secret Agent Zet)
Author: Scott Peters
Genre: Middle Grade Mystery/Historical Fiction
Formats Available: Kindle gift
Author's Note: This book is targeted at young readers, but still hopefully has enough for an adult to enjoy. It's a fast read, being only 150 pages.
Zet and the Egyptian Princess Mystery (Secret Agent Zet) (Volume 3) by Scott Peters

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY RONESA AND TATYANA

Book Name: Forever (The Forever Series, Book One)
Author: Eve Newton
Genre: Paranormal Erotica (18yrs+)
Formats Available: Kindle, pdf, epub
Forever (Forever, #1) by Eve Newton

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY ZACH

Book Name: Catch a cold
Author: Tatyana Fagerjord
Genre: Children's picture books
Formats Available: PDF, mobi, epub
Catch a cold by Tatyana Fagerjord

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY KSHITIJ AND CLARENCE

Book Name: The Cleansing OR The Revolt: The Sequel to The Cleansing
Author: Danielle Tara Evans
Genre: Dystopian
Formats Available: Mobi, ePub, PDF, and any other format available on Smashwords
Author's Note: There is adult content (nothing too explicit), strong language, and violence in both books. If you have already read The Cleansing, then you can read The Revolt. If not, I suggest reading The Cleansing first, although I think The Revolt could be read as a standalone. You would only need to read and review one of them to have your book included in the review pool though!
The Cleansing by Danielle Tara Evans The Revolt The Sequel to The Cleansing by Danielle Tara Evans

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY RACHEL AND CHRISTY

Book Name: Mystical Emona: Soul's Journey
Author: Ronesa Aveela
Genre: Romantic fantasy
Formats Available: Doc and PDF (It's also available on Kindle Unlimited if anyone subscribes to that.)
Author's Note: Book contains adult content--a couple of violent scenes but no erotica.
Mystical Emona Soul's Journey by Ronesa Aveela

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY LUKE

Book Name: Hey Zoo Animals Wake up Already
Author: Ryan Rector & Clarence Rector
Genre: Children's
Formats Available: mobi, kindle, ePub, PDF
Hey Zoo Animals! Wake Up Already! by Ryan Ashley Rector

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY SCOTT

Book Name: At One's Beast
Author: Rachel Barnard
Length: 50k words
Genre: Fantasy/Fairy Tale
Formats Available: PDF and Epub
At One's Beast by Rachel Barnard

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY RONESA

Book Name: Unrequited-One Girl, Thirteen Boyfriends, and Vodka.
Author: Christy Heron
Genre: New Adult
Formats Available: PDF, mobi
Author's Note: This novel does contain adult content. Enjoy!
Unrequited - One Girl, Thirteen Boyfriends, and Vodka. by Christy Heron

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY EVE AND CONNIE

Book Name: Monster S
Author: Tatyana Fagerjord
Genre: Children's picture books
Formats Available: PDF, mobi, epub
Monster S (Adventures of Eyemonster and Friends) by Tatyana Fagerjord

AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW

Book Name: The God Catcher
Author: Scott Peters
Length: 280 pages
Genre: Historical Fiction (middle grade and up)
Formats Available: Kindle gift
Description: An impoverished orphan tries to win a place as a painter in Tutankhamen's unbuilt tomb.
The God Catcher by Scott Peters

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY ZACH

Book Name: Driven Women
Author: X.A.J. Moret Bailly
Genre: Women's Contemporary Fiction
Formats Available: Mobi, PDF
Driven Women by X.A.J. Moret Bailly

AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW

Book Name: Goodbye John (Dark n Devilry, #1).
Author: Kshitij
Genre: Horror (contains adult content)
Formats Available: mobi, PDF
Goodbye John (Dark n Devilry, #1). by Kshitij

AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW

Book Name: Rome Unbound: Whispers of Rebellion
Author: Christopher Lee Buckner
Genre: Historical Fiction
Formats Available: PDF
Rome Unbound Whispers of Rebellion by Christopher Lee Buckner

AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW

Book Name: The Claiming of Callan
Author: Connie Lafortune
Genre:
Formats Available:
The Claiming of Callan by Connie Lafortune

AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW

Book Name: Zero Anaphora
Author: Luke Brimblecombe
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Formats Available: PDF, MOBI
Author's Note: There are sexual themes, some strong language.
Zero Anaphora by Luke Brimblecombe

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY RACHEL

Book Name: The Reaper's Opus
Author: Zach Tyo
Genre: Horror/Paranormal fiction
Formats Available: .mobi, epub, word
Author's Note: This is a book of short stories and totals around 4,700 words.
The Reaper's Opus by Zach Tyo

SELECTED FOR REVIEW BY ROSS

Book Name: Lives Entwined
Author: Eve Newton
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Formats Available: .mobi, PDF or .epub
Lives Entwined by Eve Newton

AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW

Please post your review on Goodreads and Amazon within four weeks. Once you have completed your review, please visit the "Include My Book in the Review Pool" thread.

Authors, once your book is chosen, please email it over as soon as possible.

Thank you!

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Barnard (rachel_barnard) | 13 comments I would like to read and review the Cleansing by Danielle Tara Evans. Dystopian is my favorite genre so I'm excited. My email is Rachel.author.Barnard@gmal.com, but after receiving confirmation that I can review this book I will just purchase the kindle version for $0.99

message 3: by Ronesa (new)

Ronesa Aveela (aveela) | 60 comments I'd like to read "Zet and the Egyptian Princess Mystery (Secret Agent Zet)." I have Kindle Unlimited, so I can get a copy that way. Thank you.

message 4: by Danielle (last edited Oct 25, 2014 01:00PM) (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Rachel wrote: "I would like to read and review the Cleansing by Danielle Tara Evans. Dystopian is my favorite genre so I'm excited. My email is Rachel.author.Barnard@gmal.com, but after receiving confirmation tha..."

Hi, Rachel! Yes, of course, you can read and review The Cleansing! I appreciate you being willing to purchase the book, but I'd still be more than happy to email you a free copy. Just let know. Thank you! :)

message 5: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Ronesa wrote: "I'd like to read "Zet and the Egyptian Princess Mystery (Secret Agent Zet)." I have Kindle Unlimited, so I can get a copy that way. Thank you."

Great. Thanks!

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott Peters (scott_peters) | 152 comments Thanks, Ronesa!

message 7: by Christy (new)

Christy Heron (authorchristyheron) | 8 comments I bought Danielle Tara Evans book The Cleansing on Kindle for $.99. Can't wait to read it!

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Christy wrote: "I bought Danielle Tara Evans book The Cleansing on Kindle for $.99. Can't wait to read it!"

Thanks, Christy! Hope you enjoy. :)

message 9: by Ronesa (last edited Oct 25, 2014 04:48PM) (new)

Ronesa Aveela (aveela) | 60 comments Please include my book in the new Book Review Pool!

Here is the link to my review for the book I chose:
"Zet and the Egyptian Princess Mystery." I didn't want to put it down.
Amazon review posted here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1BBT01N...
Goodreads review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Also posted on B&N.

Here is the info for my book:
Genre: Romantic fantasy
Formats Available: Doc and PDF (It's also available on Kindle Unlimited if anyone subscribes to that.)
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Book contains adult content--a couple of violent scenes but no erotica.

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott Peters (scott_peters) | 152 comments That was so fast, thanks for your wonderful review, Ronesa!

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Barnard (rachel_barnard) | 13 comments Danielle wrote: "Christy wrote: "I bought Danielle Tara Evans book The Cleansing on Kindle for $.99. Can't wait to read it!"

Thanks, Christy! Hope you enjoy. :)"

Um... Who is reviewing this book then?

message 12: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Rachel wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Christy wrote: "I bought Danielle Tara Evans book The Cleansing on Kindle for $.99. Can't wait to read it!"

Um... Who is reviewing this book ..."

You can both review it! I will just review another book to make up for it. :)

message 13: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Ronesa wrote: "Please include my book in the new Book Review Pool!

"Zet and the Egyptian Princess Mystery." I didn't want to put it down.
Amazon review poste..."

Thanks, Ronesa! I will add your book to the current pool. :)

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Barnard (rachel_barnard) | 13 comments Danielle wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Christy wrote: "I bought Danielle Tara Evans book The Cleansing on Kindle for $.99. Can't wait to read it!"

Um... Who is revie..."

Wonderful! Ok.

message 15: by Luke (new)

Luke Brimblecombe | 6 comments I'll read and review:

My e-mail is vaulsc@gmail.com and I'm fine with either pdf or mobi, although mobi is probably best.

message 16: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Rachel wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Christy wrote: "I bought Danielle Tara Evans book The Cleansing on Kindle for $.99. Can't wait to read it!"

U..."

Thanks, Rachel! Please let me know if you'd like me to email you a copy. :-)

message 17: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Luke wrote: "I'll read and review:

My e-mail is vaulsc@gmail.com and I'm fine with either pdf or mobi, although mobi is probably best."

Thanks, Luke! I just sent the author a message.

message 18: by Ronesa (new)

Ronesa Aveela (aveela) | 60 comments Danielle wrote: "Luke wrote: "I'll read and review:

My e-mail is vaulsc@gmail.com and I'm fine with either pdf or mobi, although mobi is probably be..."

I have sent this. I have no clue how to create a mobi file, though, so I send PDF.

message 19: by Ronesa (new)

Ronesa Aveela (aveela) | 60 comments Scott wrote: "That was so fast, thanks for your wonderful review, Ronesa!"

Well, it really was a wonderful story. I've added it to my Pinterest of Indie Authors to read, too. :)

message 20: by Kshitij (new)

Kshitij | 33 comments I'd like to read Catch a cold if its available.

message 21: by Pam (new)

Pam | 134 comments Danielle, I would like to read The Cleansing and the second one too. I prefer Mobi but PDF is Ok.

I would also like to read Mystical Emma: Soul's journey by Ronesa Aveela. Also preferring Mobi but PDF is OK.

pblevins2002@yahoo.com

message 22: by Clarence (last edited Oct 26, 2014 06:03AM) (new)

Clarence Rector | 4 comments Like to read catch a cold

Email address is info@rectortales.com. I'm able to read any media format.

message 23: by X.A.J. (new)

X.A.J. Bailly (DrivenWomen-TheBook) | 3 comments Hi,
I'll review Forever, if it still available. Mobi preferred, Pdf ok.
Thanks!

message 24: by Ronesa (new)

Ronesa Aveela (aveela) | 60 comments Pam wrote: "Danielle, I would like to read The Cleansing and the second one too. I prefer Mobi but PDF is Ok.

I would also like to read Mystical Emma: Soul's journey by Ronesa Aveela. Also preferring Mobi..."

I'll send you a copy.
Danielle, Since someone else has already "taken" my book, I'll also read/review another book to make up for this extra one.

message 25: by Tatyana (new)

Tatyana Fagerjord | 9 comments Hi,
I've sent Catch a cold to Clarence.

message 26: by Danielle (last edited Oct 26, 2014 12:35PM) (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Hi, everyone! Sorry I've been absent and missed all this activity! I took Benadryl, and it's made me very sleepy... LOL

Okay, so I'm glad that people are signing up to read and review books! I think I might be implementing a new rule (or exception). As long as all the books are taken and there are no more to choose from, they can be picked again. This way, we'll end up getting more reviews for our books, and then there will be more selections to choose from in the subsequent review pools. What do you guys think?

There really weren't a lot to choose from this time around, so if we allow people to pick books that were already chosen, we can increase participation. I do want this to be fair though so we might need to vote on it. But we only had four books in this pool so I'm going to make an exception at least this time around. :)

message 27: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Ronesa wrote: "Pam wrote: "Danielle, I would like to read The Cleansing and the second one too. I prefer Mobi but PDF is Ok.

I would also like to read Mystical Emma: Soul's journey by Ronesa Aveela. Also pre..."

Pam reads and reviews for the love of reading; she doesn't have books she wants included in the review pool so consider this a freebie. Thanks, Ronesa! :)

message 28: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Tatyana wrote: "Hi,
I've sent Catch a cold to Clarence."

Thanks, Tatyana! Kshitij also requested to read and review your book so I'll send you his email address as well.

message 29: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Pam wrote: "Danielle, I would like to read The Cleansing and the second one too. I prefer Mobi but PDF is Ok.

I would also like to read Mystical Emma: Soul's journey by Ronesa Aveela. Also preferring Mobi..."

Thanks, Pam! I will send you mobi files for both books. :)

message 30: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments X.A.J. wrote: "Hi,
I'll review Forever, if it still available. Mobi preferred, Pdf ok.
Thanks!"

I will send the author a message. :)

message 31: by Danielle (last edited Oct 26, 2014 01:44PM) (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments So, here is what I'm thinking: if you review a book you've chosen out of the pool, your book then gets placed in the pool. You are guaranteed at least one review, but if more people want to review your book while it's in the CURRENT pool, then they can (once all other books have been chosen). Once that pool is no longer current, your book is no longer eligible for anymore reviews unless you review another one, and then it will get placed in the new pool. So, it's a greater incentive to review - you may potentially get multiple reviews just by having your book in the pool. And then there will end up being more books to choose from because each person that reviews your book will get their books placed in the pool as well. Do you guys think this sounds fair? I know some books will get picked more than others, but everyone will still be guaranteed at least one review. So then it all comes down to whether or not your book is something that interests readers...

If we end up with a lot of books in the pool that aren't getting picked while certain ones keep getting reviewed, I can close the current pool and start a new one with books that still need reviews.

And to make this even more fair, I can add books now from prior pools so that everyone will get the chance for more reviews. And then there will be more choices for people to pick from so we can have more participation! Since all of the books are already picked, then technically we have to wait for more books to be added before anyone else can sign up. This way, we won't have to. Not to mention, just because someone picks your book doesn't mean they will review it. So then you won't have to wait around forever for a review that may never come. You'll have a greater chance of getting reviews quicker if more than one person chooses it...

I also don't want you guys to think that I'm changing the rules just because my book is now in this pool, and more than one person has picked it. I've had this same thing come up in prior pools, and I've made exceptions before. Not to mention, other books in this pool were picked more than once. :-)

I'd love to hear what you guys think. Thanks!

message 32: by Scott (new)

Scott Peters (scott_peters) | 152 comments I like it! Good thinking.

message 33: by Ronesa (new)

Ronesa Aveela (aveela) | 60 comments Danielle wrote: "Ronesa wrote: "Pam wrote: "Danielle, I would like to read The Cleansing and the second one too. I prefer Mobi but PDF is Ok.

I would also like to read Mystical Emma: Soul's journey by Ronesa Av..."

Cool. Well, I'll keep checking here anyway and see what else gets submitted. I've read/reviewed 50+ books since mid-August. I've had a better rate of return on return crits on GR, so I'll continue to troll around here, time permitting. :)

message 34: by Ronesa (new)

Ronesa Aveela (aveela) | 60 comments Danielle wrote: "So, here is what I'm thinking: if you review a book you've chosen out of the pool, your book then gets placed in the pool. You are guaranteed at least one review, but if more people want to review ..."

Sounds good to me. :) That way I can review more than one that someone else has already reviewed.

message 35: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Thanks, Scott and Ronesa! I'm glad you guys like the idea. I think I'll sleep on this one though and allow time for responses from other people (in case there are any good reasons for objecting to it). I think it might work out better in the long run. :)

message 36: by Tatyana (last edited Oct 26, 2014 02:34PM) (new)

Tatyana Fagerjord | 9 comments I would like to review "Zet and the Egyptian Princess Mystery" - love that kind of books! And since it's now allowed to have more than one reviewer. Prefer PDF, but take all kinds of formats.

Also, Danielle, good decision! More books!

message 37: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Tatyana wrote: "I would like to review "Zet and the Egyptian Princess Mystery" - love that kind of books! And since it's now allowed to have more than one reviewer. Prefer PDF, but take all kinds of formats.

Also..."

Thanks, Tatyana! I just sent Scott a message. :)

message 38: by Christy (new)

Christy Heron (authorchristyheron) | 8 comments I think you made a good decision as far as multiple reviewers because it was a short list. Thank you for your time!

I bought The Cleansing last night and finished it today! Loved it. Can't wait to read the next one! I will be posting a review tonight.

Thank you,
Christy Heron

message 39: by Clarence (new)

Clarence Rector | 4 comments Danielle wrote: "So, here is what I'm thinking: if you review a book you've chosen out of the pool, your book then gets placed in the pool. You are guaranteed at least one review, but if more people want to review ..."

I likes

message 40: by Clarence (last edited Oct 27, 2014 05:14AM) (new)

Clarence Rector | 4 comments Tatyana wrote: "Hi,
I've sent Catch a cold to Clarence."

My 9 year old left a review for you. Hope you don't mind. She's a coauthor with me on a couple of children's books so she was super excited to write a review.

message 41: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Barnard (rachel_barnard) | 13 comments Please include my book in the new Book Review Pool!

The Cleansing

Amazon review posted here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2E9IRU7...
Goodreads review:https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Here is the info for my book:

Length: 50k words
Genre: Fantasy/Fairy Tale
Formats Available: PDF and Epub
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 42: by Scott (new)

Scott Peters (scott_peters) | 152 comments Hi,
I've sent Zet and the Egyptian Princess Mystery to Tatyana.

message 43: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Christy wrote: "I think you made a good decision as far as multiple reviewers because it was a short list. Thank you for your time!

I bought The Cleansing last night and finished it today! Loved it. Can't wait t..."

Thank you so much, Christy! :)

message 44: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Rachel wrote: "Please include my book in the new Book Review Pool!

The Cleansing

Amazon review posted here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2E9IRU7...
Good..."

Thank you for your honest review, Rachel! I will add your book momentarily. :)

message 45: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments Scott wrote: "Hi,
I've sent Zet and the Egyptian Princess Mystery to Tatyana."

Thanks, Scott!

message 46: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments I just added Hey Zoo Animals! Wake up Already and At One's Beast to the review pool! :-)

message 47: by Scott (new)

Scott Peters (scott_peters) | 152 comments Hi, I'll review Hey Zoo Animals! Wake up Already, it sounds fun

message 48: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Buckner (shaddix1980) | 18 comments If the Cleanings is available I'll like to review that.

message 49: by Ronesa (new)

Ronesa Aveela (aveela) | 60 comments I've downloaded a copy of this one from Kindle Unlimited:

message 50: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Evans | 1743 comments I just added Unrequited-One Girl, Thirteen Boyfriends, and Vodka. to the review pool!

What a great title. :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.