What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Invisible Detective: Double Life
This topic is about Invisible Detective
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. "Detective/Supernatural Kind of book" [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cate (last edited Oct 25, 2014 04:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cate (thecrazytealady) | 3 comments Okay, so I remember reading these books when I was in the 6th grade.

All I can really remember is that a group of Children/preteens/teenagers are a kind of detective group, one's a police man's son, a girl (orphan maybe) lives in an old warehouse.

And I'm pretty sure they investigated supernatural kind of monsters. I think the last one I read was about a monster in a woman's house, and might have escaped in the sewers or something like that?

I know it's a series, and I'm pretty sure it isn't well known because every time I ask people about it they have no clue what I'm talking about. I remember admiring the covers, so I'm guessing they were detailed drawings on them?

I think the book I had last read of the series had something to do with a woman in her home being killed by a creature in the sewer - if that helps at all?

Sorry if it's lacking a heap of info, I just can't remember much besides I adored them.

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (drokka) | 211 comments When were you in 6th grade?

Did the story take place in the UK, US, elsewhere?

I have a book in mind, but can't recall the title, but it's set in England and in the first book the kids take a test to find out if they're worthy of being part of the group, but I think they don't really know at first what the test is for.
It's a series as well, and I'm wondering if maybe it's the same one.

message 3: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 303 comments Darcy wrote: I have a book in mind, but can't recall the title, but it's set in England and in the first book the kids take a test..."

Are you thinking of The Mysterious Benedict Society series?

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (drokka) | 211 comments That's the one I'm thinking of.

message 5: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 303 comments Good. Now if that's the series the OP is looking for, it would be great!

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments Possibly one of the Invisible Detective books? I think this is the first one - Invisible Detective: Double Life

I've never read them, but I've seen them come through my library and they at least vaguely fit your description.

Cate (thecrazytealady) | 3 comments Peter wrote: "Possibly one of the Invisible Detective books? I think this is the first one - Invisible Detective: Double Life

I've never read them, but I've seen them come through my library and t..."

I've checked the Invisible Detective out and it seems to be the series I've been looking for! Thank you so much for helping me ^.^