Secret Santa gift exchange! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
159 views
2014 Gift Exchange > Random chitchat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
Feel free to talk about anything and everything here :)


message 2: by Riley (new)

 Riley  (-riley-) | 40 comments I was just thinking about this today and then I got the e-mail! ;)


message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen (bookfanatic55) | 901 comments Thanks Heather, you made me smile. I really enjoyed this last year and am looking forward to the fun again this year.


message 4: by MLE (new)

MLE   | 127 comments Karen wrote: "Thanks Heather, you made me smile. I really enjoyed this last year and am looking forward to the fun again this year."

Me too!


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
Riley wrote: "I was just thinking about this today and then I got the e-mail! ;)"

I was reading your mind!


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
Karen wrote: "Thanks Heather, you made me smile. I really enjoyed this last year and am looking forward to the fun again this year."

So happy! I loved this last year too. I love everyone being generous and chatty and fun!


message 7: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) So I joined. Though I'll have to be walked through this whole process since I have no idea what I'm doing.


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
Krissy wrote: "So I joined. Though I'll have to be walked through this whole process since I have no idea what I'm doing."

Well, sign up on elfster for the gift exchange (the link is in the group info and in "technical questions") and then make a wishlist! Talk about what you like in the "introduce yourself" thread and have fun :)


message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 191 comments WOOOHOOOOOO!!! Yes, yes, count me in!!!


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
So is everyone pumped for this year?! I loved what I got for last year's exchange! Oh, and if anyone wants to volunteer to be a backup in case someone doesn't get a gift, just shoot me a message.


message 11: by Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ (last edited Oct 24, 2014 06:52PM) (new)

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ | 45 comments Talk about anything, you say? I have a suggestion for updating the group pic…
(view spoiler)


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ wrote: "Talk about anything, you say? I have a suggestion for updating the group pic…

Merry F*&^%$#g Christmas!
Just a suggestion. :)"


Ohh, I like that one! I'll add it to the group pics for sure! For the main pic, we need something more horizontal *grumbles*


message 13: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (mrella) | 584 comments Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ wrote: "Talk about anything, you say? I have a suggestion for updating the group pic…

Merry F*&^%$#g Christmas!
Just a suggestion. :)"


What a cute little elf! =)~~ I need buckets =)~


message 14: by Shannon (last edited Oct 27, 2014 06:33PM) (new)

Shannon (pokey36) | 127 comments (view spoiler)


message 16: by Karen (new)

Karen (bookfanatic55) | 901 comments Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ wrote: "Talk about anything, you say? I have a suggestion for updating the group pic…

Merry F*&^%$#g Christmas!
Just a suggestion. :)"


I'd tell you that if you got my name him under my tree would do nicely, but one I'm not sure how to explain it to my hubby. He's a pretty understanding guy, but even he has limits and two I so could have given birth to this little hottie. So I'll just oggle from afar and then I won't have to feel too purvey.


message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 22 comments Hi kids! I had so much fun with this last year, but bear with me. My computer crashed a couple weeks ago and my work computer won't let me onto Elfster so I'm doing this from my Kindle. It's not easy on a Kindle trust me. :-/


message 18: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) OMG, the patience that must entail!


message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 22 comments Sassafrass wrote: "OMG, the patience that must entail!"

Ugh you have no idea lol. And patience is not my virtue :)


message 20: by Ami (new)

Ami (amie_07) | 264 comments Anyone been having fun adding books to their wishlist? :D


message 21: by Meep (new)

Meep I'm having trouble thinking of ones to add.


Eepa *mm loving bookworm* (eepa) | 70 comments Meep wrote: "I'm having trouble thinking of ones to add."

Me too! I don't know what I'm doing wrong but there is only 1 book! I'm really wanting right now. That's just wrong!


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
Eepa *mm loving bookworm* wrote: "Meep wrote: "I'm having trouble thinking of ones to add."

Me too! I don't know what I'm doing wrong but there is only 1 book! I'm really wanting right now. That's just wrong!"


I had no problems!! :D


message 24: by MLE (new)

MLE   | 127 comments Meep wrote: "I'm having trouble thinking of ones to add."

I'm having trouble remembering to add books.


message 25: by Ami (new)

Ami (amie_07) | 264 comments You know ... if we have the 'draw' on December 1st, we could probably lucky and get a Cyber Monday deal. Somewhere. I remember ARe has 50% rebate last year. Soooo, is the drawing of the name December 1 or December 2 or December 19? :D


message 26: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 86 comments I've added quite a few books to my wishlist...... now I just have to remember not to buy them in the meantime......


message 27: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) I put books on my wishlist that sat on my TBR pile forever... perhaps now I get to read them :)


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
Decker 1st is the draw and it is then on purpose because of the cyber Monday deals!


message 29: by Meep (new)

Meep Eepa *mm loving bookworm* wrote: "Meep wrote: "I'm having trouble thinking of ones to add."

Me too! I don't know what I'm doing wrong but there is only 1 book! I'm really wanting right now. That's just wrong!"


Think that's the problem I usually see a book that interests me and buy it straight away. Thinking ahead is tricky ;)


message 30: by Meep (new)

Meep Kat wrote: "I put books on my wishlist that sat on my TBR pile forever... perhaps now I get to read them :)"

I actually looked at my wish list and deleted a load that had stagnated there, figured if I've not bought them yet then I can't be that interested in them!
I know - Fail!


message 31: by MLE (new)

MLE   | 127 comments Meep wrote: "Kat wrote: "I put books on my wishlist that sat on my TBR pile forever... perhaps now I get to read them :)"

I actually looked at my wish list and deleted a load that had stagnated there, figured ..."


I did the same thing, but then I actually remembered to add more today.


~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (leilanilives2read) | 345 comments Ami wrote: "You know ... if we have the 'draw' on December 1st, we could probably lucky and get a Cyber Monday deal. Somewhere. I remember ARe has 50% rebate last year. Soooo, is the drawing of the name Decemb..."

That ARE rebate was great - I ended up with a few books for me from that.


message 33: by ~KarenH~ (new)

~KarenH~ | 35 comments Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Decker 1st is the draw and it is then on purpose because of the cyber Monday deals!"

Hey Heather, I was just poking around on Elfster, and it says on the site that the names are drawn the day after the deadline, so if you want to take advantage of the cyber Monday deals, the deadline should actually be November 30...


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
~KarenH~ wrote: "Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Decker 1st is the draw and it is then on purpose because of the cyber Monday deals!"

Hey Heather, I was just poking around on Elfster, and it says on ..."


Good to know! I'll check that out today!


Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) (rissa79) I'm so excited I wanna shop now! :)


Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) (rissa79) Early Christmas gift for yourself!

A Couple Audible Scores!
(a few people have said they couldn't claim them..crossing fingers it'll work for you all!)

Add $10 to your audible wallet for FREE!
http://www.audible.com/promo/offer/19...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2 Months free of Audible today only for Connection Day!
http://www.audible.com/at/verizontest...


message 37: by MountainKat (new)

MountainKat | 67 comments I had to call to get both of them, but I got them! Thanks Rissa!


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) wrote: "Early Christmas gift for yourself!

A Couple Audible Scores!
(a few people have said they couldn't claim them..crossing fingers it'll work for you all!)

Add $10 to your audible wallet for FREE!
ht..."


Got em! Thanks


Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) wrote: "Early Christmas gift for yourself!

A Couple Audible Scores!
(a few people have said they couldn't claim them..crossing fingers it'll work for you all!)

Add $10 to your audible wallet for FREE!
ht..."


It works! thanks


Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) (rissa79) Glad you got them!


Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) I still have to made my wishlist :(


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
Stella wrote: "I still have to made my wishlist :("

You have time. You don't have to have it done right when we get our buddies, it just helps a bit. You could just link to a GRs wish list.


message 43: by Carole (new)

Carole (Carole's Random Life) (carolesrandomlife) I still need to make my wishlist too. Thanks fof letting us know that we still have time. I was feeling behind.


* A Reader Obsessed * So…if we take advantage of the sales tomorrow, we in essence are getting/receiving books as early as then right??


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "So…if we take advantage of the sales tomorrow, we in essence are getting/receiving books as early as then right??"

Exactly!


* A Reader Obsessed * Great! Thx Heather!


Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Stella wrote: "I still have to made my wishlist :("

You have time. You don't have to have it done right when we get our buddies, it just helps a bit. You could just link to a GRs wish list."


can I put the link in the notes?


Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1725 comments Mod
Stella wrote: "Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Stella wrote: "I still have to made my wishlist :("

You have time. You don't have to have it done right when we get our buddies, it just helps a bit. Y..."


Yes you can!


message 49: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stella wrote: "Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Stella wrote: "I still have to made my wishlist :("

You have time. You don't have to have it done right when we get our buddies, it just helps a bit. Y..."


Yep, or you can actually link the gift list on elfster with the URL of your GR wishlist shelf.


Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) I've done. I hope it's ok. thanks for the help!


« previous 1 3
back to top
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.