What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
This topic is about Red Queen
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fantasy- Families send their daughters into an arena to compete for some prince using their elemental abilities. Families are divided by colors? Main character is a servant girl who accidentally falls into arena & now has to compete. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate | 3 comments I think the girl falls into this arena which is covered by an electric field and because she isn’t friend everyone knows she has elemental powers. Every time their daughters compete all of the families watch. Now everyone knows she has these powers, she now has to compete for the prince, which involves training as well. I think the favorite to win I is the color black family (maybe). Sorry this is so choppy and confusing.

message 3: by Debra (new) - added it

Debra Firestone | 121 comments Following

message 4: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate | 3 comments I’ve read Red Queen and it wasn’t that one. Thank you though!

message 5: by Bonnie (last edited Sep 23, 2019 12:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bonnie | 222 comments Sounds just like Red Queen except the black family statement. Maybe the Samos family wore black?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Que...

Julie | 3 comments That one is definitely Red Queen. Mare has red blood, but she has powers- supposedly only silver-blooded people have powers. She can create and control electricity, which is why she didn't die when she fell through the electric field.

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 252 comments I already suggested it and OP said no

Bonnie | 222 comments Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛ wrote: "I already suggested it and OP said no"

I believe the OP is mistaken. It is clearly Red Queen. I have read it, too. Quote from wiki for the OP:

"Mare is taken to the king's local residence and given a job as a servant. She discovers that Cal is Tiberias Calore VI's son, Prince Tiberias Calore VII, who granted her her work in the palace in order to protect her from conscription. During the Queenstrial, where Silver nobility compete for Cal's hand, Mare displays electrokinetic powers against Cal's eventual bride, Evangeline Samos."

She is betrothed to the younger brother Maven and trained with the silver blooded people.

message 9: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate | 3 comments Oh my gosh, you guys are definitely right! Sorry, but thank you guys so much!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Red Queen (other topics)