Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > IT: Chapter 2

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelunabridged) | 366 comments I really enjoyed the first part. It's probably my favorite horror movie now so I was scared that the second part wouldn't be as good. Fortunately I was mistaken and enjoyed the heck out of part two. They did a great job balancing the scary with the funny, and the way they handled the back and forth from past to present was done well.

What did y'all think? 🙂

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 146 comments I didn't like the ending. LOL! I really did like both parts 1 and 2. I loved the kids. But I wish the movie had stayed with the original ending.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I loved part 2!! Me and mom went and watched it on Friday the 13! I actually liked part 2 better than part 1. But yo each his own 😉🎃

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelunabridged) | 366 comments Kimberly wrote: "I didn't like the ending. LOL! I really did like both parts 1 and 2. I loved the kids. But I wish the movie had stayed with the original ending."

Yeah, there were some things that I wished they'd kept from the book, but overall I feel like it was a pretty solid adaptation. Probably the best Stephen King adaptation I've seen to date.

I remember that I couldn't help laughing during the ending though. The thought "Are they... Are they bullying It into submission?" crossed my mind, and I couldn't take it seriously after that. 😂

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I loved part 2!! Me and mom went and watched it on Friday the 13! I actually liked part 2 better than part 1. But yo each his own 😉🎃"

Ha ha, can't think of a better way to spend Friday the 13th! I'm on the fence about which part I liked best. I guess I'm just gonna look at the whole thing as a complete work and call it a win all around, ha ha. 🙂

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Very true 😊. I did live the first part and own the blu ray. Gotta get the next one when it comes out.

Yeah at the end when he was a little fizzled up thing. Almost made you fell sorry for IT. ALMOST! 😂🤣

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 146 comments They did bully IT into a frizzled up thing! Best way to describe it.

message 8: by Tristan (new)

Tristan Hutchinson | 50 comments I personally think the screenwriters could have done a lot better job with adapting IT to a movie. The movie was great until the ending which was stupid.

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments Tristan wrote: "I personally think the screenwriters could have done a lot better job with adapting IT to a movie. The movie was great until the ending which was stupid."

Yeah and the length killed me too with how long the movie was. Especially with it being a part 2.

message 10: by Alan (new)

Alan | 4815 comments Mod
Well the book was over 1000 pages, so......

message 11: by Tristan (new)

Tristan Hutchinson | 50 comments Yes but a script should only be 125 pages or less.

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments Don't get me wrong, it's one of the better adaptation considering what else is out there (paging The Dark Tower).

message 13: by Tristan (new)

Tristan Hutchinson | 50 comments I agree Erin, It was definitely a good adaption. I just don't think the screenwriter/director really understood pennywise's character. In many scenes it shows IT acting like he's insane in most cases he made you laugh. In the book Pennywise is shown as a psychotic powerful force, that would terrorize, not act insane.

message 14: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 908 comments It is always a problem transferring the great man's vision to a movie but I think Andy did a great job.

He could have made Pennywise more psychotic and the movie more an 18. That would have allowed young Skarsgard to do an even better job and satisfied true King fans like us as it would be closer to the novel.

It felt to me he wanted to exemplify the humour to make the movie appeal to a wider audience. I think it was genius casting Bill Hader as Ritchie as you had a genuinely funny guy who still portrayed his inner fears and secrets very well.

So yes it could have been more like the book to satisfy us but Muschetti had to appeal to a wider audience for his own career and those box office bucks.

The only way we can get the IT we want is make it a 12 part mini series on a platform such as Shudder. You could fully portray Pennywise as more evil then and include the "Beverley and the Boys" scene and Patrick and Henry in front of the fridge before Patrick's grisly demise.

NOT like the hideously corny 1990 mini series though. The movies are a significant improvement on that!

message 15: by Tristan (new)

Tristan Hutchinson | 50 comments The mini series was bad, but I think Tim Curry did a great job as Pennywise.

message 16: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 908 comments Tristan wrote: "The mini series was bad, but I think Tim Curry did a great job as Pennywise."

Curry was ok and Seth Green/Jonathan Brandis were decent. However, Richard Thomas as Bill has to be the worst casting ever!

message 17: by Tristan (new)

Tristan Hutchinson | 50 comments i agree with that. I just hope if my script gets selected by production company, that no messes up the antagonist. It makes sense that Muschetti was appealing to a larger audience. When I first watched the mini series.. I always wished someone would remake IT. IT has great potential to be really scary, I just felt a bit let down after watching IT. Maybe we could always hope a mini series is done on Shudder.

message 18: by Mike (new)

Mike Sherer I enjoyed Part 2 until the last half-hour or so. The ending was drawn out way too long. Also, I didn't like the ending at all. Weak ending to such a strong story.