American Westerns discussion

Hell Hath No Fury (John Hawk, #1)
This topic is about Hell Hath No Fury
Group Reads > Autumn 2019 - Hell Hath No Fury

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edwin, Moderator (new)

Edwin (edmandu) | 229 comments Winner of the 2018 Spur Award for Best Paperback Western.

HornFan2  (hornfan2) | 93 comments One of my favorite authors, think he wrote Death & Texas, it's got his style to it and will add this one to my TBR list.

KarenK2 (kaykaykay60) | 44 comments I'm at the tail end of this, but I'll join in. I just requested from the library.

HornFan2  (hornfan2) | 93 comments Karen Kay wrote: "I'm at the tail end of this, but I'll join in. I just requested from the library."

Chucky's one of my favorite authors. You'll definitely want to read any of his titles your library has, he just puts you in the story and haven't read a bad one yet from him.

message 5: by KarenK2 (last edited Dec 13, 2019 08:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

KarenK2 (kaykaykay60) | 44 comments Thanks, I look forward to reading this.

message 6: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim | 4 comments Hi everyone. I just joined the group and starting to read Hell Hath No Fury. I enjoy American Westerns and have not read any books by Charles West. Lonesome Dove is my favorite western so far.

HornFan2  (hornfan2) | 93 comments Tim wrote: "Hi everyone. I just joined the group and starting to read Hell Hath No Fury. I enjoy American Westerns and have not read any books by Charles West. Lonesome Dove is my favorite western so far."

Thanks for joining! Have everyone of Charles books, he's one of my favorites, never disappoints and you'll want too read more from him.

KarenK2 (kaykaykay60) | 44 comments I have it coming from the library and should - hopefully - have it by the end of week. I'm looking forward to reading it.

message 9: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim | 4 comments Just finished Hell Hath No Fury. This was my first Charles West western. I am looking forward to his next book in the Hawk series.

message 10: by Edwin, Moderator (new)

Edwin (edmandu) | 229 comments Can you post a short review?

message 11: by KarenK2 (last edited Dec 22, 2019 06:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

KarenK2 (kaykaykay60) | 44 comments Karen Kay wrote: "I'm at the tail end of this, but I'll join in. I just requested from the library."

Tomorrow my daughter is making my library run, so I'll read this next.

KarenK2 (kaykaykay60) | 44 comments Good book, 4☆ . I haven't read this author before, but now I have him on my list.

I liked the descriptive writing and it has such a natural easy-to-read flow to it. The story started out strong and kept my interest throughout the book. Hawk was the best, a strong and honest man who never falters from knowing what is the right thing to do.

I have already requested book 2 from the library and look forward to reading more.

KarenK2 (kaykaykay60) | 44 comments I have book 2 in the series No Justice in Hell and will be reading it soon