What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's book about a dragon that you had to open different ways

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (new)

Lily Patricof | 3 comments This book was very tall and narrow, and was built like a jacob's ladder toy where different faces would be revealed when you opened it different ways. The goal of the book was to kind of complete some kind of magic to reveal the dragon that lay along the pages when all laid out consecutively!!

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1253 comments Searching online I found a book with that format that talks about dragons. Not sure if it's the one you're looking for! In the first picture it looks like a normal picture book but it says in the back that you can "hold one of the colored panels and let the ladder fall open".
You can see a couple of pictures (front and back cover) here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heaven-Earth...

I almost forgot to mention the actual book :-P . I can't find the link on Goodreads but it's "Heaven and Earth: A Jacob's Ladder Book" by Sue Clarke and Hilary Arnold.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35101 comments Mod
Here's the Goodreads link for Mai's suggestion - Heaven and Earth: A Jacob's Ladder Book by Hilary Arnold.

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily Patricof | 3 comments Somehow I missed these responses -- thank you both! Unfortunately this isn't the one I was thinking of, but it does follow the same format! I can't remember seeing any other books like this, so it's cool to know that there are more. The one I'm thinking of had a different illustration style and was also more irregularly proportioned, unusually long and narrow. It was likely published around the same time as the one you suggested, though -- mid nineties to early aughts.

Thank you for trying!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heaven and Earth: A Jacob's Ladder Book (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Hilary Arnold (other topics)