Cozy Mysteries discussion

Find a book or series > Looking for hard-to-solve mysteries

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dani (new)

Dani Hawiszczak (danibaxter) | 7 comments Hi! I'm new to cozy mysteries ... sorta? I didn't realize what the genre was until I really started exploring it lately.

I do know that I started reading Christie last year and I LOVE her stuff. Recently I've been researching a bunch and came across the Aunt Dimity series. I read the first one and loved it.

I like puzzle-type books, where you're really trying to figure things out. Like Murder on the Orient Express, the Westing Game. Not sure what else. Just something where the crime seems impossible or everyone is a suspect.

I read cozy bc I'm very sensitive to violence, but love a good puzzle. I'm not familiar with all of the themes, but I'd love something like that. I tend to prefer mysteries that are pretty difficult to solve. I like romance as well, but I want to find more with mystery as the focus.

message 2: by Christine (last edited Sep 19, 2019 10:06AM) (new)

Christine (cj-mo) | 1351 comments Agatha Christie has always been my favorite. Sophie Hannah has couple of new Poirot books that she has written recently.

For other classics, you can't go wrong with Rex Stout or P.D. James.

You may also like Tony Hillerman or his daughter Anne Hillerman or Steven F Havill all with series set in the U.S. Southwest.

The Mrs. Jeffires series by Emily Brightwell is set in Victorian England and the whole household gathers clues to help solve the crimes.

Another cozy series you might like is by Ava Madison and features an amateur sleuth who is a math teacher.

Hope one of these appeal to you!

message 3: by Dani (new)

Dani Hawiszczak (danibaxter) | 7 comments Christine wrote: "Agatha Christie has always been my favorite. Sophie Hannah has couple of new Poirot books that she has written recently.

For other classics, you can't go wrong with [author:Rex St..."

Thanks so much!!

message 4: by Dani (new)

Dani Hawiszczak (danibaxter) | 7 comments It's not pulling anything up for Steven F Havill and Ava Madison

message 5: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 18273 comments Mod
Dani wrote: "It's not pulling anything up for Steven F Havill and Ava Madison"

I don’t know about Havill, but the second author’s name is actually Ada Madison, a pseudonym for Camille Minichino.