Fun n' Books discussion

Books > First Book series you ever read and any you've reread.....

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsty. (new)

Kirsty. (kirstysbooksx1f4da) | 3 comments Hi guys my first series would be Harry Potter And I have read it multiple times. Other book series include Morganville and The Mortal instruments

Any recommendations please let me know :-)

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (treemarie87) | 27 comments Mod
The first series I really remember reading is Twilight. I remember desperately waiting for the next book to come out and ultimately feeling so let down by the last book. Harry Potter was the second series, and I’ve definitely read that more times than I can count.

As for recommendations on series I definitely would say Stalking Jack the Ripper. It has that historical fiction/mystery feel that I absolutely love. I am also so weak when it comes to slow burn romances.

message 3: by Kirsty. (new)

Kirsty. (kirstysbooksx1f4da) | 3 comments Thank you for recommending it I'll definitely have a look :-)

M (aka DarkBeauty73) (darkbeauty73) | 9 comments First series would have to be Anne Rice's the vampire chronicles, here earlier books interview with a vampire and such. Also her Mayfair witches series. Harry potter of course. The sookie stackhouse series by Charlaine harris. I tried the twillight series but couldn't get into them. I have the Mortal instruments series but haven't really gotten into them yet. Story of my life to my books not enough time to read them all. Donated 2 or 3 different series because I new I would never get to them. Always buying up set and then loosing interest or they collect dust and I give them away. :(

message 5: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazeluriel) | 78 comments Mod
My first book was The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. It is a popular first book in my family :)
I have reread a few books such as The Hating Game and some of the Throne of Glass Series- also the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series but I can't say I'm must of a rereader.

message 6: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (alexisschroeder9) I would have to say probably the first series I ever read in elementary school was the Henry and Mudge books or Junie B Jones. But I didn't fall in love with reading until I was in 6th grade and read Percy Jackson. I've reread the series multiple times since then. After that I would say the next series I can remember reading was the 39 Clues, which is on my never-ending TBR list to reread.

message 7: by Addison (new)

Addison (tha_bibliophagist) My first really really long series was Elsie Dinsmore. I started at about age 11 and continued til about 15. Honestly, it was long and boring, but it completely upgraded my vocabulary, writing skills, and spelling to the extreme. I never finished that series, maybe it never ends, but it's been pretty beneficial.

message 8: by Carrie-Anne (new)

Carrie-Anne The Saga of Darren Shan by Darren Shan was probably the first proper series I read

Other ones I love include -
Half Bad series - Half Bad
All For The Game series - The Foxhole Court
The Raven Cycle - The Raven Boys
Shades of Magic series - A Darker Shade of Magic
All of Rick Riordan's series (Percy Jackson, Magnus Chase, Apollo etc but NOT The Kane Chronicles, those were baaaad)

message 9: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers The first ever series I remember completely reading is the Little House on the Prairie series. My first middle grade/YA series I read was probably The Chronicles of Narnia. I’ve never reread a book.

message 10: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Ashton | 8 comments The first series I read, the one that got me into reading, was Alcatraz by Brandon Sanderson. It was just so funny and interesting that I was hooked. I’ve reread so many books it’s too hard to list them all. However, I reread the book Okay For Now quote frequently.

message 11: by Leanne (new)

Leanne The first kids book I remember reading and loving was 'Harry Potter'.

The first more adult book I read and loved was 'Wizard's first rule'. The 'Sword of truth' Series is a series that you either love or hate from what I've seen, but I love it so much.

message 12: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers I'm pretty sure the first full book series I read was Little House on the Prairie. The first non-children's book series I read was I'm pretty sure the Legend trilogy.