Start by marking “The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)

The Foxhole Court

(All for the Game #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  32,194 ratings  ·  4,625 reviews
Neil Josten is the newest addition to the Palmetto State University Exy team. He's short, he's fast, he's got a ton of potential—and he's the runaway son of the murderous crime lord known as The Butcher.

Signing a contract with the PSU Foxes is the last thing a guy like Neil should do. The team is high profile and he doesn't need sports crews broadcasting pictures of his fa
Published January 15th 2013 by Nora Sakavic

To ask other readers questions about The Foxhole Court, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
ian we're really gonna act like its not bad just because he "only kissed" neil,,,,,,, hmm okay
Nakishka It contains mature sexual content in The King's Men (#3) and also deals with very mature topics. There's explicit violence — torture scenes.

·  32,194 ratings  ·  4,625 reviews

Start your review of The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)
Julio Genao
Jul 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people who want to read a book like Gossip Girl but with more Y chromosomes and extra punching.
Shelves: bantha-poodoo
the book of no.

no, (view spoiler)

no, the NCAA would never permit (view spoiler)

no, (view spoiler)

no, you don't go from (view spoiler)
Lala BooksandLala
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was terrible. I must read more.

*book 30 of 30 in my 30 day reading challenge.
C.G. Drews
read 3 [janaury 2020]
starting off my year right with these idiots 😌rereads are the best for appreciating details you didn't catch the first times, and the biggest things I came away from with this reread were: (a) Neil genuinely forgetting people could be normal height after spending so long around Andrew, and (b) that oNE TIME Andrew protects Neil before they've even struck the deal 🥺what are these emotions, unasked for, i cannot.

read 2 [february 2019]
I am just here to raise both hands in the a
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"I can see it. You've got that look in your eye that says you know where every exit to this dormitory is."

description

The Foxhole Court was definitely a surprise, wherein I didn't get anything that I was expecting. However, I got a lot of which I didn't even know I needed.

Note: All rights belong to the different artists that have created the (fucking amazing) fanart attached to this review.
__________

Meet The Foxes
"The Palmetto State University Foxes were a team of talented rejects and junki
Cristina Monica
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Who needs a TV drama when you have The Foxhole Court?

Danger, intensity, sports, addiction, illegal activity, reckless characters… You have it all.

One thing you do not have, however, is this: romance. Not yet, anyway, though the author teases you here and there. The first time I picked it up, two years ago, I did so because I saw the theme ‘‘lgbt’’ in its book description, and I was desperately in need of a sexy gay ship.

And so when I read the first chapters and realized that no romance seemed to
Melanie
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: chan ☆

“It's about second chances, Neil. Second, third, fourth, whatever, as long as you get at least one more than what anyone else wanted to give you.”

First and foremost, I want to thank May for giving me the emotional support I needed while reading this book:

Secondly, holy shit, I didn’t think I’d actually like this. What even is my life? Friends, I couldn’t put this down. I read it in 24 hours and no regrets were had. This was way darker than I expected, but I became so damn invested in
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
”Easy, easy.” Andrew lifted his hands in a careless shrug. “Why bother? It’s a cruel world, right Neil? You wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t.”
“It’s not the world that’s cruel,” Neil said. “It’s the people in it.”

trigger warnings: (view spoiler)

I don’t know why I waited three freaking years to read this, but I could really kick
♡ diasreads ♡
after what felt like 90 years after finishing this headache and slump-causing awful book, my tear-stained review is now up aaahhhhhh

First off, I just want to say that if you loved this book and you're my friend, there are no hard feelings for me. We all have different opinions and I hope you'll respect mine as I do yours. I still love you guys. Believe me when I say that I am deeply annoyed down to my soul that this book didn't work out for me. I was so ready to love this but shit happened.
Lisa Johnson
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me introduce you to my most recent obsession:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Remember this feeling. This is the moment you stop being the rabbit.”

Oh, joy. I have gracefully avoided writing a review on any of these books until I have read them all, because I honestly couldn't stop reading until I was through with the whole trilogy.

Now I don't remember my feelings on this first book anymore because I am overwhelmed by the GREATNESS that is contained in the other two books.

So now, my review will consist of:

REASONS
Kai
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
“It’s not the world that’s cruel. It’s the people in it.”

Man, this book. I don't remember the last time a story captured me as much as this one did. I totally forgot about my surroundings, read till late at night and couldn't get enough. That's what makes for a great book.

The many characters and the fact that I've never read a sports book before confused me in the beginning. But especially the characters. They are mean, have hidden motives and complicated pasts.
Andrew is the biggest bully on the
Warda
Jan 03, 2019 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia
DNF at 48%.
This book wasn't doing anything for me at all. No attachment was formed to the story or characters, so I quit.

---------------------

It's free.
Naturally, I bought it.
jessica
first rule (and blatant common sense) for reading stories about a sports team: make sure you like sports.
ooops. my bad.

but ignoring the silly made-up sport of exy, choppy and inconsistent mess of writing, lack of plot, and confusing details, i actually really bonded with neil!?? like, im pretty sure hes now my son and i will see no harm done to him ever.

i have a feeling that the next book is going to be better in terms of story and pacing, so im willing to keep going with the series, if only f
Helena of Eretz ✰
Buddy Read, Part One with Alison! ;)

Actual rating: 2.5 stars

description

I'm sorry; I had to! xD (In case you DID want to know...foxes bark like dogs!)

Calling this a gay mafia sports romance trilogy is a pretty accurate description!

It's about Neil, who is a player of this really weird sport called Exy (more on that later), who is recruited by the worst-ranked team in their division (the Foxes), which is comprised of a band of seriously messed up misfits (especially that nutter, Andrew)...while simultaneousl
may ➹
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to may ➹ by: dyl
I forgot how outstandingly Meh this first book is compared to the other two how did I have the motivation to keep reading the next books
booksnpenguins
Apr 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Thinking about it twice, and at the risk of getting lynched hardcore side-eyed forever, I must admit that I didn't like this as much as I thought I would.
I don't know, we just didn't...click.
The writing was a bit meh and the characters...well, they weren't awful (or were they?) but let's say I'm not exactly a fan.
All my friends seem to like/adore/worship this series, and then there's me. Not giving an absolute darn.
Takes all sorts, I guess.
What can I say, c'est la vie.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews
Reviews Published
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
This novel is about Neil Josten.

✘ Freshmen at Palmetto State University.
✘ Hiding from his ruthless, crime boss father.
✘ Obsessed with Exy.
✘ Runs faster than you.

Generally when someone says "This book reads like fanfiction," that is not a compliment. It usually means one or more of the following things:

- The characters are unbelievable.
- The main character is a self-insert and/or they are the epitome of perfection.
- Typos. Grammatical Errors. Misspellings.
- The plot is nonexistent or poorly
tappkalina
August 2020

Guys, the first book is free on Kindle! Go, go, go!

10 June 2020

"Remember this feeling. This is the moment you stop being the rabbit."

This is the book that understands me the best. Neil is the person I can relate to the most. Of course we don't have the same background, but I still see myself in him.
Especially the "I don't believe in family." part.
I don’t believe blood makes family and I cry every time someone who doesn’t have anyone finds a family for themself.
Everyone has th
✨    jamieson   ✨
Decided to delete my original review bc it was trash
I love my boys so much. It was so interesting reading this back and understanding it so much more. The first time I was so confused by everyones motivations and why they were the way they are. Makes a lot more sense now.
riko please choke

review to come
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm not even sure if I liked this but I do know IM HYPE AS HELL FOR THE SECOND BOOK RTC
Whitney Atkinson
This book was a fucked up mess. I debated DNF'ing at 60% but decided to skim read the rest to see if anything redeemable would happen, but nope. i'm so angry i don't even feel like going into what a trash fire this was.
demi. ♡
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
❥ 3 / 5 stars

oh god i have no idea where i should begin. there are lots of mixed feelings about it and it’s really hard to review. so, please don’t mind me if this review got a bit messy.

first of all, i think it must be my mistake that i have so little knowledge of sports which is the reason why i couldn’t get into this book as much as i should. so this one i blame myself then not the book. but the thing that i want more from the author is the explanation about ‘exy’ thing. i read until the end
ily
Feb 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya, 2016
How did this book managed to get so much popularity on tumblr??? It is simply a joke, a not even well-written piece of a book that doesn't just lack of an actual plot but has the most boring, mind-blowingly annoying as f*ck characters I've met in a while. I congratulate myself for reading the entire thing.

Emma
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I initially read the Foxhole Court because people always compare it to the Raven Cycle which I love. And those people were right, but pretty early in the book I started to love it for what it is not just because it's similar to trc. These characters are complex and messy and so is their world. No, this isn't a book with magic, but it has crime lords, murderous fathers, and lovable teenage psychos. We follow one sports team's arc from people who are a danger to each other to people who protect ea ...more
Mel
Reread 2018: Listen it’s 11:57 and I have 3 pages left. I finished it before midnight even if I had half a page left.

I just needed to be back here with these characters.

————————————————————

Reread 2017: I forgot how slow this first book is. I love it, and it's essential for the whole trilogy, but on its own it does not offer much. I will say though this book holds its own in the trilogy because without a strong start this series would fall apart.

------------------------------------------------
chan ☆
"Welcome home, Neil."

description

I'll start by saying I absolutely fell in love with this book and this series and finished all of them in 3 days. This series is about a fictional sport, relationships, and INTRIGUE. Honestly I'm horrible at plot descriptions but I think this book works better if you go into it knowing as little as possible. Because non-sports fans will still probably love this even though that's a component of it.

The most special thing about this book for me was the complicated characteriza
Ais
Okay. Let me just say. This book is awesome. I pretty much fell in love with it from the beginning and I was happy to see that my affection for it didn't waver at all throughout.

Anyone who knows me probably knows I really love dark and twisted things. I really love to get to know what makes a character tick, and why do they react as they do, and along those lines I love seeing said reactions and getting the reason for it later rather than being told from the start what everything means. I love f
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
|3.5 stars|

This was such an interesting book! I’m excited to read more about the foxes.

{Review to come}
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
1 “DISAPPOINTMENT” Stars
”It’s not the world that’s cruel,” Neil said. “It’s the people in it.”

Buddy reading this with my personal Monty😍

The expectation is a horrible thing, I realized while reading this book. The funny thing is that I wasn’t expecting awesome things because many people hate it. I was just expecting sport, m/m romance, and somehow a bit of darkness involved. Did I get what I asked? NO. Therefore I look like this everytime I talk or think about it:
description

It’s funny for me to think ba
Romie
one day I'll stop rereading this book every single year. one day I'll stop obsessing over a fictional sport I barely understand and a bunch of kids who could probably kill me in 0.2 second. luckily for me, today isn't that day.

• Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
  • Captive Prince (Captive Prince, #1)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
  • The Summer Palace (Captive Prince Short Stories, #2)
  • Opal (The Raven Cycle, #4.5)
Happy New Year, lovies. I do not use this account, so I am sorry for any & all missed messages. ...more

All for the Game (3 books)
  • The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)