What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance. I read it about a year ago, the book was published in the 80-90s. It was about how the main character had slept with her older sisters ex-boyfriend as a teenager and then both of them raise their daughter but never get together.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Escalante | 3 comments The main character moves on with her life, she is very serious and gets engaged with an older man who has a teenage daughter. There a couple of memorable scenes, the teenage daughter brings over her boyfriend when babysitting the main characters daughter and the boyfriend scares the little girl. The main characters baby daddy finds out about it and gets angry that the main character would put their daughter at risk. I can provide more details but I just forgot the name of the title and I can't figure out the right keywords to do a search on it.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32339 comments Mod
Vanessa, what's the tone - romantic, angsty, suspense, steamy/clean, sad/somber, etc.?

What is the story's time period and location (country/region/city/town)?

What are the jobs/skills of the main characters?

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Escalante | 3 comments I honestly forgot those kinds of details from the book. But I think the baby daddy owned his business and was well off. The fiance was a much older man than the heroine. I think I can narrow down the setting to England or somewhere in the East Coast of the USA. Time period for the book was the same as the time it was published, like around the 1990s and 80s.

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Escalante | 3 comments I do believe that it was pretty angsty in a romance novel kind of way.