What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young/YA book about boy trapped in a world with ghosts that cant pass through wood

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea (new)

Lea Walker | 8 comments This has driven me mad for years.

I read it at school, so would be mid 90's. I have no idea how old the book would be.

Its a book where a boy is in another world, where there are lots of ghosts (that are mostly invisible) . These ghosts cant pass through anything wooden so the whole town is made from wood.

Theres a scene where everyone hides in the town hall because its the biggest wooden structure.

There is a 'hero' who isnt very heroic (think Gilderoy Lockhart) who can see all the ghosts because they have a special eyeglass, or glasses.

Please help!

Roaming_library | 17 comments Do you remember what the cover looks like?

message 3: by Lea (new)

Lea Walker | 8 comments No not at all- that’s all I have! I just remember loving it

message 4: by Lea (new)

Lea Walker | 8 comments Does anyone have any ideas? i just remembered that at the end of the book there is a scene where the main character is back in their bedroom with their eyeglass. Maybe in an attic room or something. And they are looking at their eyeglass.

message 5: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1582 comments Who Is Frances Rain? maybe? Was it a Middle Grade book, or Young Adult?

message 6: by Lea (new)

Lea Walker | 8 comments I think it was middle grade. I definitely read it in primary school (5-11)

message 8: by Lea (new)

Lea Walker | 8 comments No it isn’t either of those... hmm wondering if I dreamed it all up! Ha ha

message 9: by Lea (new)

Lea Walker | 8 comments It was more comedic than those two sound, I think there was an element of 'funny' to it.