What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Anno's Animals
This topic is about Anno's Animals
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's picture book with trees / forest and hidden faces. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janelle (new)

Janelle Louise | 3 comments Hi everyone,

I'm going crazy trying to remember the title or author of a book my sister and I borrowed obsessively from our local library in the late 80s or early 90s. It is a children's picture book with trees / forest with hidden faces or figures in the illustrations. I remember a lot of detail in the drawings and it being mostly green. I don't think there were any words. I just remember always looking for the hidden faces in the illustrations.

My sister seems to think there may have been a W in the title or author's name but we're not sure of that.

The book would definitely be published pre-1993.

I would appreciate any help in finding the book!

Thank you,
Janelle

message 2: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1200 comments Could you be thinking of Masquerade Masquerade by Kit Williams by Kit Williams?

message 3: by Janelle (new)

Janelle Louise | 3 comments No it's not that one, but thanks for trying!

message 4: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1200 comments I don't think this is the right book because it was published too late, but is this cover anything like the pictures you remember? The Forest Has Eyes by Elise MacLay

message 5: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1200 comments Here's another guess that actually could be it (published in 1977): Anno's Animals Anno's Animals by Mitsumasa Anno

message 6: by Janelle (new)

Janelle Louise | 3 comments You absolute legend this has to be it! I remember the cover being different, but the internet archive has an online version and looking through it I think this must be the book.

Thank you so much!

message 7: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1200 comments Happy to help. Glad it was the right one. :)