YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Witch & Wizard (Witch & Wizard, #1)
This topic is about Witch & Wizard
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Witch and Wizard by James Patterson - Reading from 'Witch and Wizard (Witch and Wizard #1)' from 14th October 2019

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46565 comments Mod
The world is changing-the government has seized control of every aspect of society, and now kids are disappearing. For fifteen-year-old Wisty and her older brother Whit, life turns upside-down when they are hauled out of bed one night, separated from their parents, and thrown into a secret compound for no reason they can comprehend. The new government is clearly trying to suppress Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Being a Normal Teenager.

Imprisoned together and condemned to death, Wisty and Whit begin exhibiting strange abilities and powers they never dreamed of. Maybe there is a reason they were singled out. Can this newly discovered witch and a wizard master their skills in time to save themselves, their parents-and maybe the world?

Andy | 14309 comments 25% (view spoiler)

50% (view spoiler)

75% (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

Alrighty I'm going to start this tomorrow so I can still get the BR points, almost forgot about it! I know it'll be a quick read which is exciting!

Jennifer | 3551 comments Maybe I'll join you Maddie! Let me see if I can get my hands on a copy.

Oh that would be good Jen!

7% (view spoiler)

8% Little changes on names we know today! Creative

11% So dramatic like we know YA is.

25% (view spoiler)

47% (view spoiler)

62% (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Part 1, Ch 19 (20%) - (view spoiler)
Part 2, Ch 40 (36%) - (view spoiler)
Part 2, ch 53 (48%) - (view spoiler)
Part 3, ch 83 (77%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler)

All of his MS/YA books are, yeah. I loved all of them growing up, but definitely now that I'm older I'm not as much of a fan.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Good to know it wasn't just me. It makes me more aware of the MS authors that do more in-depth character development.

Maybe I'll try one of his adult books to see if it is different.

I find them different, but they're mysteries, and I'm not a fan. But I'd like to finish this series, if that's good with you?