What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Cosmic
This topic is about Cosmic
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA novel about the Moon; He had entered a phone competition to be able to go to the moon. All he needed was an adult and a child. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Solomon (new)

Solomon S-Uk | 2 comments Essentially, it was about a young man who was often mistaken for an adult. Early into the story, he was asked if he wanted to drive a sports car with a salesman. The salesman completely assumed he was an adult. He had entered a phone competition to be able to go to the moon. All he needed was an adult and a child. Only one adult and one kid can go. So he brought his best friend. He pretended to be her dad, and it was odd for her because she's never met her dad. They then have to compete with other parents and kids for who gets to go to the moon.

At one point I had thought the title was Lunar. I don't remember the author. But it was a YA coming of age story. Written for younger children and teenagers. I had read that story around the age of 13 during 2012. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4132 comments Cosmic looks likely?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33472 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Cosmic by Frank Cottrell Boyce - Ayshe's suggestion:

https://books.google.com/books?id=UDQ... There are different cover images.

message 4: by Solomon (new)

Solomon S-Uk | 2 comments @Ayshe and @Kris Thank you so much. You don't know how absolutely thrilled I am to finally have this back in my life. I couldn't for the life of me remember. I had borrowed it from the library and I had borrowed it three times because of how much I loved it. I never enjoyed reading until this book was put in my hands. The only reason I read it was because my parents forced me too, god I am elated. Thank you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cosmic (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Frank Cottrell Boyce (other topics)