What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Very sad short story about a kitten ( don’t read if you areas soft hearted as I am.)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary (earth2res) | 81 comments In junior high ( 46+ years ago) we read a short story in class that just broke my heart. A young boy found a kitten and brought it home. He fed it and the kitten fell asleep on a over stuffed chair. His drunken father or grandfather came home and sat on it. They boy tried to get his father or grandfather to get up, but he was so drunk he didn’t get up until the kitten had died. I was devastated by this story. Why am I looking for it? I wanted to figure out who would write something so sad. Why on earth would it end up in a school text book? Obviously I won’t read it again.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Mary ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 96 from two months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16920 comments It's not "The Kitten" by Richard Wright, although that is a similar terrible story often put into school textbooks.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (earth2res) | 81 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "It's not "The Kitten" by Richard Wright, although that is a similar terrible story often put into school textbooks."
I remember that story! I HATED it. It made me so sad.

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 302 comments That is seriously disturbing! WHY would any school think that's okay!?