Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

124 views
Sookie Stackhouse Books > The Sookie/ Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (oncethrown) | 8 comments Okay- let's play highschool. Make your case for who you think Sookie should be with and why, and/or who you think she shouldn't be with and why.


message 2: by Cary (last edited Sep 02, 2009 11:16AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) Oh boy have you opened up a can of worms. I think she should be with Bill. I think Bill is couragous,kind,and good hearted & sincere with his desire to live with humans. Despite the bad things he has done to Sookie. Those things were really out of his personal control. Then again I like Eric,and Quinn too, and think Sookie should be allowed to play the field. How selfish it would be of Bill being the the first, and only guy to have sex with Sookie. Not allowing her to explore other relationships. If Sookie loves Bill she will come back to him. Due to spoilers however. We know that Bill& Eric, and Quinn will never be with Sookie.


message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments If Eric were a shifter instead of vamp I'd argue for him. He seems to understand Sookie's need to help others and take risks. Instead of trying to hold her back and shelter her the way Bill, Sam & Quinn want to do, he supports her. But I don't think Sookie should be with a vamp long-term.

So, I think Sookie should give Alcide another chance. They had some amazing chemistry and I think he is the one most likely to be able to allow her the risks she feels she needs to take and support her in them. His only flaw really is that he's wrapped up in supe politics. But I think Sookie could adjust to that over time. She could have a family, security, a good man and still retain her sense of self and her need to help others in spite of the danger it presents to herself.


message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) The only problem with Alcide is--has he finished his "duty" to father children on different females in his pack? We all know that Sookie had a serious problem with that with the Hotshot contingent.

Personally, I'm not sure WHO she should be with at this point. I haven't really "seen" anyone that I could support whole heartedly for her. On the other hand, I COULD sort of see her settling down with her cousin's ex--just for the little boy. Think how much better off HER life would have been with someone who had actually understood what it was like to be a telepath. But as much as Sookie wants to take care of the entire world, I can't really seeing that happen. Maybe she'll get to have the little boy over and get to spend a lot of time with him--that would help her with her maternal urges and, since he'd go home to his Dad would also be some protection for HIM. Of course, the fact that he can read minds means that he'd KNOW who had ill intentions towards him--well, at least as long as they were alive, anyway.



message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments im leaning toward quinn.
im a HUGE eric n sookie fan, but in the long run i think quinn would be the best match for her (so far). he really does love her and i think the issue with his family is a small obstacle compared to her other choices.



message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments Sookie is so good at compartmentalizing everything. I think his 'pack duty' as you put it could become one of those things she just tucks away.


message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments hello ppl...did we forget about sookie shooting alcides ex fiance in the face with a shotgun? he might still have some issues with that lol


message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments I am assuming that eventually he gets over this given that Debbie was PSYCHOTIC and Sookie was defending herself. I think if the two of them could let Debbie be in the past they could be a heck of a pair.


message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Sep 02, 2009 09:27PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) The problem with the two of them letting Debbie be in the past is--there were some serious mental issues between Alcide and Debbie. And I don't really think that HE was willing to let it go--at least not as of yet. He understands why Sookie did it--but understanding and being able to ACCEPT are two different things entirely. And I don't think that Sookie would have been willing to put up with Alcide still having to do his "duty" to the pack, since that was one of the problems she had with the leader of the Hotshot Panthers. She came right out in one of the books and admitted that knowing that he had kids with a bunch of different women in the community was something she couldn't get past.

And Quinn's family problems are not a small obstacle. Sorry, but a psychotic were-tiger for a mother-in-law who periodically escapes the "nursing" home that she's in and puts her son back into debt with the vamps is NOT something that can be easily gotten around by anyone NOT supernatural themselves. Yes, I think that the sister's dependency could be dealt with by our Sookie--but not the insane, umteen-hundred pound mother-in-law with fangs and claws.



message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments I totaly agree that it would take work (but any good relationship does, lets be honest). But I think of her choices, Alcide would be the one most likely to let Sookie be Sookie.


message 11: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) To much funky stuff is up with Alcide. Sookie wacked his X. He has his obligations to the Shreveport pack. It is a real shame Maria Starr was killed. That is who Alcide should have been with. A fairy might have worked but that is all screwed up now. Sookie needs a regular human who is hip to the supernatuarl world.


message 12: by Siempre (new)

Siempre (josiehaustin) | 91 comments Can I just vote for Sam. I know they could make it work and Sookie already knows what he is doing when he romps around a couple times a month.


message 13: by Siempre (new)

Siempre (josiehaustin) | 91 comments I still like Eric but I know Sookie doesn't want to be turned and when she gets old what is he gonna do. I absolutley love him right now, and maybe he makes a good Mr. Right Now.... we are playing high school right ;)


message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments Ann wrote: "The problem with the two of them letting Debbie be in the past is--there were some serious mental issues between Alcide and Debbie. And I don't really think that HE was willing to let it go--at l..."

i wasnt really trying to say quinns problems were a small obstacle. i think that his problems are probably the ones she could deal with the best. and i think sam is too "tame" for sookie. i think she craves excitement.


message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I'll always say Eric- the fact that he has grown so much makes it that much more passionate for me. He's changed many aspects of who he is to make Sookie happy. It may not be perfect but it was harder to get there and really means something if they can.

I've always loved Alcide- he seems like such a great guy for her but so many bad things have happened that it would be a tough transition...if she wasn't with a vamp though he would be my first choice.

Sam is a great guy...that just wouldn't be very fun. Where's the passion? No doubt that he would be good for Sookie though. Probably the best for her in terms of safety but I like passion over safety.

Bill...I do like Bill despite preferring Eric however given the 2 there's no comparison in my eyes. Although he definately seems to love her there's still the hurt of the past and too much has happened. Also blinded by love of Eric lol.

Quinn...I liked him but he travels too much and the fact that he couldnt even make a phone call to Sookie really bothered me. There was no consideration there.

Here's the real question...how does Sookie end up with not 1, not 2, but 5 GREAT OPTIONS! Lucky girl.


message 16: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Sep 03, 2009 04:47PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) Sing it Lauren. Most of us are lucky to find ONE great guy (waves at hubby to take a bow) and Sookie gets 5. But then again, that's why its FICTION, right? :o) I think part of the problem with Sookie getting back together with Bill is that Bill is too much a product of his times. Eric was a Viking--and in his society women had a LOT more freedom than they did in Victorian times. Women could also be warriors in the Viking culture. So he's more willing to allow Sookie to BE what she wants to be and to allow her to actually live a life where she isn't coddled--and bored--to death.

I think Sam is great too. I have an almost irrestible urge to go find myself a collie every time I read a Sookie book where Sam appears often. But I don't think that he's strong enough to handle being Sookie's main squeeze. With the vamps knowing about her abilities, as well as the were's knowing of it, its going to take a VERY powerful male to take on Sookie and keep her even semi-safe. Quinn would have been a good choice, except for the problems with his family. And I really think that if Sookie HAD gotten seriously involved with Quinn, he'd have started taking her with him. I mean, think about it--a telepath would be a great help with trouble shooting, keeping the various elements on the straight and narrow when Quinn was emceeing a "special" event for any of the supes. Working with Quinn like that would have allowed Sookie to keep her sense of independence AND would have allowed her to fulfill her desire to help people too.

lol, wow, I hope Charlaine reads some of our ideas. Do you ever think that maybe we spend way too much time thinking about our favourite telepathic waitress?



message 17: by Siempre (new)

Siempre (josiehaustin) | 91 comments Lauren wrote: "I'll always say Eric- the fact that he has grown so much makes it that much more passionate for me. He's changed many aspects of who he is to make Sookie happy. It may not be perfect but it was har..."
I know right! I almost hate her. Sign me up for not a little but alot of Eric! ;)




message 18: by Siempre (new)

Siempre (josiehaustin) | 91 comments Ann wrote: "Sing it Lauren. Most of us are lucky to find ONE great guy (waves at hubby to take a bow) and Sookie gets 5. But then again, that's why its FICTION, right? :o) I think part of the problem with ..."

Absolutely...... not! :)


message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (oncethrown) | 8 comments One of the reasons that these books are such fun reads for me is that every guy has good points and bad points and, unlike some really pathetic "heroines" of vampire stories (cough*bella*cough) Sookie realizes this.

Eric-
I want to see her with Eric. He's extremely mindful of her, but not completely obsessesed. He truly loves her, he's thoughtful, amazing in bed, and he is utterly dedicated to protecting her, while still understanding when she's capable of taking care of herself. He's also only lied to her the time that he made her suck a bullet out of him. He just seems to "get her" the most out of all her suitors.

BUT- The bullet sucking incident turned out to be significant (though not his fault) The steps he takes to protect her often involve not consulting her about things she should be consulted about (Quinn's banishment) or not telling her things she has a right to know (Bill leaving her for Lorena). And while there is no doubt that he truly loves her, she can't be sure how she feels about him because of the blood bond.

Quinn-
She's well shot of Quinn. He was famous, handsome, well-to-do, and killed Andre for her... but he pushed sex way faster than any of her other men have (and not in the same way Eric did, where he pushed at the line in a way that fit their relationship, but understood exactly where Sookie had drawn it and never crossed it),killing Andre while everyone around them is dying is much less brave than stepping in to defy Andre), he was never, ever around, and his family was going to be a constant burden on him and Sookie and he'd always have to take care of them first.

Alcide-
Alcide is a terrible plan. His relationship with Debbie Pelt pegs him as too pathetic for a woman like Sookie, his anger at her both over Debbie and the death of his father (the latter being much more understandable) also suggests that he's too weak for her, and then he has the duties of the pack to perform, a scenario which is not really up Sookie's alley.

Sam-
Sam is a really good guy. He is a good friend to Sookie, he really cares about her, I think he probably loves her. His version of protecting her is much less controlling than Eric's or Bill's and unlike Quinn, Sam would actually be around to protect her. She could actually have a family with Sam- which she wants.

But-
While Sookie is strong and capable- she's wound up in dangerous vamp politics and Sam can't protect her from that. And he's still her boss, and dating him could still lead to complications in the one normal aspect of her life. Also, and this is based on absolutley nothing in the books, I sort of get the impression that he would prefer someone a little more supernatural than Sookie as a mate, and preferably a shifter.

Bill-
I hate Bill. A lot- but I will still acknowledge his good points. He loves Sookie and of all of the others, would probably be most willing to put her above everything else- but would remind her of it contantly. His way of protecting her and taking care of her is the most condescending and paternalistic. He was always "approving" her outfit, grabbing her by the back of the neck, the raping her in a car trunk, the leaving her for Lorena and not telling her and oh yeah- all the other LYING. I just find the whole "the queen sent me to secure you for Louisianna, but I loved you" thing unforgivable. If he'd told her before they slept together, that could possibly have redeemed him, but to be someone's first love, and know that you were, and still decieve them like that? There's no going back from that. Plus Sookie was right in book two- he treated her like a kept woman and made damn sure the whole town knew about it. Eric's gifts- while a little much- were always things that she asked for and needed. Her driveway. The replacement for her coat. The replacement for the cell phone he broke. There's something a lot less condescending about the way Eric helps her.

So I guess if she got out of the dangerous vamp infested waters she's been swimming for the whole series, and Sam was hard enough to read, he'd be ideal, but unless that happens- I think I'll stay with the Eric Ensemble.


message 20: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) Wow Hannah--masterful breakdown of the guys in Sookie's life. Very nice presentation of the facts too. :o) Those are the major men in her life--I sometimes wonder if Charlaine is going to pull up one of the lesser characters and have them swoop in on Sookie.

I'm kind of wondering about that next book. Also if the fact that the publisher talking her out of killing off one of the central characters was part of the reason that the last book seemed a little weak. Well, sigh, time to go back to ticking off days on the calendar while waiting for the NEXT book to come out.



message 21: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 5 comments Ann wrote: "Wow Hannah--masterful breakdown of the guys in Sookie's life. Very nice presentation of the facts too. :o) Those are the major men in her life--I sometimes wonder if Charlaine is going to pull u..."

Yes thanks Hannah for that breakdown, and I agree whole heartedly with your assessment of each. I did like Bill alot but his qualities at times are lacking or like you said maybe his mindset is just so different. I am definitely leaning towards Eric, yes I think he still has something in his mind about when he had amnesia and Sookie told him all those things he said and how heroic she is and she is so noble and always trying to do the right thing, I think that alone amazes him. At times I think he just can't figure her out she's not like anyone he has ever met. And the other characters are just not strong enough for her.


message 22: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
I love this game!

Eric
Quinn
Bill



message 23: by Starling (new)

Starling Right now in the books, I lean towards Eric. Mainly because he takes care of all of the people he thinks of as "his" and Sookie is one of those people. I find that admirable.

But I'm fully aware that Sookie doesn't really have a life with Eric waiting for her unless he turns her.


message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments I lean toward Eric, too, but I'm not opposed to...

...Quinn - I miss Quinn! :-(

...or Bill - I don't miss him 'cause he hasn't really gone anywhere, but he's still a good guy, despite his faults.


message 25: by Starling (new)

Starling When Quinn was in the running, I thought he would be the one. He is a great guy with way too much on his plate. I think his sister is capable of growing up, but I don't think she should get stuck with the total responsibility for her mother either. At this point in the game it is taking two of them to do it and neither of them is doing all that well personally as a result.

Quinn's sister is mostly still very young. And the very young are allowed to lean on the parents, or proto-parents. If she is too clingy, she has a good excuse.


message 26: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments I thought CH got rid of Quinn too quickly. I really liked him. It seems like she wanted him out of the way so the story could move toward a real reltationship with Eric. I like Eric a lot. I even like him with Sookie, but like everyone else I wonder what kind of future that leaves for Sookie.


message 27: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Sep 23, 2009 08:00AM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) I'm kind of hoping that we'll get another new man introduced in the new book. Maybe one that Sookie actually has a chance of a quote "normal" endquote life with. Of course, I'm also kind of thinking that Hadley's little boy may be as close as Sookie gets to a "child of her own" since I think he's going to be a LOT more Sookie's than his Dad's now that they've met and his Dad knows that Sookie understands/has lived what his little boy is going through.

OOHHH--and that reminds me--what do you suppose that Barry the Bellboy's back story is? Maybe Charlaine will give us a short story about HIM.



message 28: by Shanel (new)

Shanel | 10 comments Wow you guys really should have a warning that these comments may contains spoilers.LOL!! I was really interested in this thread, but unfortunately I haven't read the last two books yet. I didnt know Maria Starr gets killed, and there's some talk of a little boy thats Sookie's cousin or whatever. Besides that, from what I have read so far, if I could have my way, Sookie would be more loose and hook up with Eric once in a while. But seriously, for the long term I think Sam would be best fitted for her.


message 29: by Shanel (new)

Shanel | 10 comments THIS COMMENT CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM BOOK 6::::

I know I said, in a previous comment, that on a serious note Sookie should be with Sam. But just imgaine this scenerio....

Just like that Jake Purifoy guy was nearly killed and Sookie's cousin Hadley gave her blood to "save" him, what if some evil vampire drained Sookie, and somehow Eric was captured but got free in time to find Sookie's body? Then he could turn her, and eventually(after she gets over the trauma and drama of being turned) they "live" happily ever after.

It would be good drama to continue the series, since now she would have to get over being turned. She would also have to balance her "good-will" and her new vampire instincts. But at least she could be with Eric, if she would want to after being turned.


message 30: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) What I'm wondering is how being turned would affect her abilities? Would she keep them or lose them? Since they are a large part of what makes Sookie SOOKIE, its hard to imagine her without them, but she describes what she does as reading the electrical energy of living brains. She can't read the magical energy of vamp brains (or at least so rarely that it doesn't seem to really count--and then only when the vamp in question is under serious stress.)



message 31: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Missett (kokolani) Well, the books say that some vampires have special skills, like Eric can fly. So, if Sookie was turned, she would be a vampire with her telepathic abilities...


message 32: by Amber (new)

Amber | 63 comments I would like to let everyone know that posting a comment on the Charliane Harris forum/community board is not a good idea unless you want to get absolutely chewed out/completely disrespected by the moderators! I am going to try to remember that I am a fan of the books & not necessarily of the author if she will allow that to happen to her fans. Which is really sad to me because I even have a signed copy of Dead & Gone :(


message 33: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Don't worry Amber- it's not just you. Happened to me a few months ago hence why I stick to Goodreads. :)


message 34: by Amber (new)

Amber | 63 comments How do you keep it from affecting your opinion of CH? She posted on the thread right after the Moderator was sooo rude to me and thanked the Moderators for their hard work! :(


message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren If you really look around the boards- you'll notice that a lot of the users go on everyday and have been for sometimes many years. The thing that can be upsetting is that they don't seem to have consideration for users who may have read the books more recently and aren't used to boards having rules/regulations. What they should have done is tell you nicely and directed you to that section however that is not always the case. It can definately be annoying but just remember why you went to discuss the books to begin with- because you enjoy the stories. You can find others that do as well and that should be all that matters. My advice is join boards where there aren't crazy moderators (like goodreads). Hope that helps! Don't get too down about it! :)


message 36: by Monica (new)

Monica | 3 comments As munked up as Bill is I truly believe he or Eric has the best chances with Sookie. I love the fact that both of them know little qwirks about her. Quinn HECK NO! As sexy as he is and their for her at the beginning behing every good of Quin there was Eric and behind every bad of Quin their was Eric picking up the pieces. I had high hopes for Alicide but I don't belive we are done with him quite yet. No matter who it is sookie deserves to be able to get married. I believe that is how Harris will end the series with Sookie finding a mate to marry.


message 37: by Kim (new)

Kim | 19 comments Sookie should be with Bill, but it does take him 9 books to make him the right guy. In book 6 I would have been beating the crap out of him and cussing him up one side and down the other. I also want to know why Sookie hasn't made it a point to ask Bill or Eric Or any other possible vamp boyfriend "So is there anybody that has ultimate power over you that can make you just leave me with out even saying bye?"
The only reason Eric isn't #1 is because Sookie stated "I have to come first in a relationship with whomever I'm with." I'm afraid being sheriff and living in Shreveport isn't going to cut it in the long run, especially since Sookie doesn't want to move from Bon Temps.
Alcide has pack duties.....A.K.A. mating with other full blood Were's. It'd be weird in the long run.


message 38: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) This is a hard one because I liked everyone she was with. I was heartbroken when she broke up with Bill. I liked Alcide but he had ex girlfriend issues. I was disappointed when she broke up with Quinn. I think Quinn deserves another chance. It isn't Quinn's fault his mother is crazy. I really like to see Sookie be with Sam. He cares about her and Sookie can fall in love with him. I don't trust Eric intentions. He doesn't have her best interest at heart which is another vote for Sam.


message 39: by Starling (new)

Starling Jayme, I'm with you. I've liked each of the guys in turn. In many ways Sookie is like a high school kid who finally is getting to date. She didn't get to be that high school kid in high school, but she still needs to figure out what she wants in a man, and what she will and won't put up with.


message 40: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) Yeah, I agree Starling, she needs to figure out what she wants. She never got to have a typical high school life. I really like Sookie. I would be friends with her.


message 41: by Donna (new)

Donna (dmm227) I also liked everyone she was with - they each offered her something different and opened up a different side of her, including Eric. She was extremely childish whenever Bill and she would fight, and now she's had a chance to grow. So, I believe she will eventually end up with Bill. Only because they genuinely loved each other. She really needed to grow up first and she also needed to find out his initial intentions, etc. It'll be interesting to see how Bill changes for her. Quinn seemed good for her in ways Bill couldn't be, but I think through him she finally started to realize what she wants in a relationship.


message 42: by Donna (new)

Donna (dmm227) Cary wrote: " Oh boy have you opened up a can of worms. I think she should be with Bill. I think Bill is couragous,kind,and good hearted & sincere with his desire to live with humans. Despite the bad things he ..."

Why do you say that? CH hasn't indicated who Sookie will end up with




message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Kim wrote: "Sookie should be with Bill, but it does take him 9 books to make him the right guy. In book 6 I would have been beating the crap out of him and cussing him up one side and down the other. I also wa..."

To me Bill already proved that Sookie wasn't first in their relationship. He never gave her one dime when he knew she needed it but yet he gives a bundle of it to the Bellefleurs who HATE vamps, and then he totally put the vamp directory before her and didn't have any interest in telling her about anything going on.

But that is just my opinion and I am a big fan of Alcide and Eric. But as you said earlier Alcide now has his plate full and I personally think that Eric has already changed somewhat as far as what he will risk for Sookie.


message 44: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Nov 16, 2009 02:01PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) Of course, the Bill question is--has he realized just what a good thing he blew with Sookie, and is he REALLY willing to change enough to make it even remotely worth her while to take him back. And, more importantly, will he STAY changed? He's had a century or so of unlife to set him into his rut, and I don't know if he CAN change, even if he wants to. Of course, that holds true for Eric too. But Eric has shown with his relationship with Pam that he IS more flexible than Bill is, at least in regards to women.




message 45: by Starling (new)

Starling And doesn't Eric have an interesting relationship with Pam. In many ways she is his buddy. He totally trusts her with a lot of stuff, but also plays her. He thinks she occasionally needs a prod to get her moving. In return she respects him, and knows just how much she can get away with. I don't think she is afraid of him.


message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

But she knows the boundaries with Eric and no matter what she always has to do what Eric tells her to and always has to come when he calls her because he is her maker.


message 47: by Starling (new)

Starling I don't think she HAS to do what he tells her unless he insists. She can question it and even push against it. She does have to come when he calls her, but she says in one of the books that she is glad to come because he doesn't call her for silly or stupid stuff, and he treats her well.

I think she is powerful enough at this point to have a say in what she will and won't do unless he really wants something that he doesn't approve of. Otherwise, he will listen.


message 48: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) I had thought that she said that she didn't have to come, but that she did, because he didn't call her for silly etc. At least, that's the way I remember it. So appearantly he's set her free, but doesn't hesitate to call her if he needs her or thinks she will enjoy whatever it is that he's doing. She then comes (or doesn't) depending on what SHE wants to do. From the books I've read Viking women of that time period had a LOT more freedom than did Christian women. They were essentially left to themselves for months at a time while their men were off Viking (which, btw, refers to the raiding, NOT to what they called themselves.) This tended to make them a lot more powerful than the women in the rest of Europe. Which would explain why Eric is more willing to let Sookie do what she wants.

Bill on the other hand grew up (and lived for about 1/3 to 1/2 of his existance) in the Victorian era. A time when women were NOT allowed freedom. It wasn't until after the Civil War that women were even allowed to own property in their own rights. Before then, the men in their families (father, brothers, husbands) controlled all property. While the U.S. was a lot more liberal about this than Europe, a woman was still very circumscribed in what she was allowed to do--at least, a woman of the middle and upper classes. And Bill grew up in that environment. Not only slave ownership, but essentially men owned their wives/daughters and even, in some cases, their sisters. Which, in turn, explains why he didn't think that Sookie should be earning her own living or taking care of herself. (Remember in the first book when he tells her that Jason should be taking care of her?) And, really, Bill hasn't been "alive" (or undead or whatever you want to call it) long enough for the mental bonds that were formed by his life and upbringing to have been dissolved.

Um, ok, getting off my history lecture soapbox. (Sorry, too many history courses in college.)


message 49: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) Ann, I think it was Eric that said Jason should be taking care of Sookie when he lost his memory in I think it was All Together Dead. It was in the book where Eric was not acting himself.


message 50: by Starling (new)

Starling Jayme, I'm not sure about that, but I DO know that Eric said that BILL was supposed to be taking care of Sookie when he realized that she hadn't fixed her driveway because she had lost work time doing vampire things. He was shocked that Bill wasn't taking care of someone who "looked" to him.

For Eric it is the other side of good lordship. Eric expects Pam to do things for him because he is her "lord", but that also means he takes care of her.


« previous 1
back to top