Christian Book Reviews discussion

46 views
Reviews > First Book Published, no reviews yet

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (last edited Sep 04, 2019 06:39PM) (new)

M Bull | 9 comments Hello, I recently published my first book, a standalone Christian fiction/women's contemporary novel titled 'With You Forever' and it doesn't appear to interest anyone except my Mom and aunt which is depressing because I'm a self-published author who worked hard just to save up enough money to finally be able to publish my first novel, while making sacrifices and having to dip in my savings from time to time for my family. I've made a book trailer, talked about it on social media, and shared a post on my newsletter, but it seems no matter what I do, I can't get a following, even though I know my audience.

Currently, the e-book is available on Amazon and will be available on BN and Kobo on Friday. It's just $1.99 to order a copy. The paperback releases Oct. 8. I would really appreciate if someone took a look at it and left a review of what you thought.


message 2: by Arvis (new)

Arvis Murrell (arvismurrellyahoocom) | 5 comments Book Reviews “ It Doesn’t Hurt Anymore ~🦋💜🦋 ~ http://arvismurrell.com

This book is about how I overcame abuse, trauma and other painful things.

Anyone interested in reading and leaving a review? Let me know if you are interested and I will send you a free PDF copy .

Thanks
Dr. Arvis Murrell


message 3: by Bess (new)

Bess (goodreadscomcombess) | 17 comments M Bull,
I usually read mainly nonfiction. But l would like to purchase your ebook and will review it. How do l do this? Can you send me a link? Don’t give up! I am happy to do this for you. I admire your courage. My writing hasn’t left my computer, lol. Let me know!
Bess


message 4: by M (new)

M Bull | 9 comments Arvis wrote: "Book Reviews “ It Doesn’t Hurt Anymore ~🦋💜🦋 ~ http://arvismurrell.com

This book is about how I overcame abuse, trauma and other painful things.

Anyone interested in reading and leaving a review..."


Hello, Dr. Murrell,

I clicked your link and read your bio and synopsis. Your book seems interesting and I love the pretty cover. I would purchase a copy, but investing in publishing my first novel have left me practically broke, unfortunately. I will at least read the sneak peek though for the time being.


message 5: by Arvis (new)

Arvis Murrell (arvismurrellyahoocom) | 5 comments Hi M. Bull

I will send you a free PDF copy of my book if you would leave me an honest review on Amazon.


message 6: by M (new)

M Bull | 9 comments Bess wrote: "M Bull,
I usually read mainly nonfiction. But l would like to purchase your ebook and will review it. How do l do this? Can you send me a link? Don’t give up! I am happy to do this for you. I admir..."


Thank you so much, Bess! It means a lot. I'll leave you the Amazon link.

Here it is: https://www.amazon.com/You-Forever-M-...

Thanks again!

M. L. Bull


message 7: by M (new)

M Bull | 9 comments Arvis wrote: "Hi M. Bull

I will send you a free PDF copy of my book if you would leave me an honest review on Amazon."


Okay, ma'am. :)


message 8: by Arvis (new)

Arvis Murrell (arvismurrellyahoocom) | 5 comments M wrote: "Bess wrote: "M Bull,
I usually read mainly nonfiction. But l would like to purchase your ebook and will review it. How do l do this? Can you send me a link? Don’t give up! I am happy to do this for..."


M wrote: "Arvis wrote: "Hi M. Bull

I will send you a free PDF copy of my book if you would leave me an honest review on Amazon."

Okay, ma'am. :)"


Send your email address.


message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate Roux | 3 comments Hi M. Some suggestions - add in a link to your book on this comment. A picture of your cover will show and people will be able to click the link to see if they are interested without having to search for you. Also there are some typos in your profile that can leave a poor impression. You can search the internet for sites that will advertise your book for free and search for Facebook groups where you can promote your book. I am also a self-published author and yes, it is hard to do all that work and see minimal interest! You can also take a long view of things and offer your first book for free, or at least for free in return for a review. I put my first book on free-ebooks.net and got over 200 downloads in 4 months. Only 2 reviews out of all that but they were both good at least :) It takes time and lots of research but I hope you find your readers.


message 10: by M (last edited Sep 06, 2019 07:53PM) (new)

M Bull | 9 comments Kate wrote: "Hi M. Some suggestions - add in a link to your book on this comment. A picture of your cover will show and people will be able to click the link to see if they are interested without having to sear..."

Thanks for the tips, Kate.

Link to my book: With You Forever by M L Bull


message 11: by M (new)

M Bull | 9 comments Arvis wrote: "M wrote: "Bess wrote: "M Bull,
I usually read mainly nonfiction. But l would like to purchase your ebook and will review it. How do l do this? Can you send me a link? Don’t give up! I am happy to d..."


Dr. Murrell,

Here's my email address, or at least the one I use the most: Wr8ter3@gmail.com.

I started reading your book and have enjoyed the read. As soon as I'm done with the sneak peek. I'll leave a review.


message 12: by M (new)

M Bull | 9 comments Arvis wrote: "Hi M. Bull

I will send you a free PDF copy of my book if you would leave me an honest review on Amazon."


Dr, Murrell,

I left you a review.


message 13: by Eli (new)

Eli | 8 comments M wrote: "Hello, I recently published my first book, a standalone Christian fiction/women's contemporary novel titled 'With You Forever' and it doesn't appear to interest anyone except my Mom and aunt which ..."

Hi M,

Its tough out here, I understand.

I'll happily check out your book on Amazon.

I'm in the same boat as you. I would be so grateful if you could check out my book here, and leave an honest review of what you think:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WFWZ553

And on goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

It's a literary short story so not the same genre as you.

Thanks!


message 14: by Joe (new)

Joe Siccardi | 11 comments Hi M. I would be interested if you would reciprocate witgh my Christian-themed fictional memoir amazon.com/Name-Heaven-Still-Shining-... Thanks


message 15: by Norma (new)

Norma Ayuso | 14 comments Dear friends, my free ebook promotion is underway this weekend Sept 21-22, 2019 on Amazon Kindle. I would like you to review "Heirs of Worlds-United to Heaven" ASIN B01AYMHJB: a futuristic novel about life on Earth (and other planets of the created universe) after the resurrection of the dead and final judgment, based on our Lord's promise of eternal life and the restoration of humanity.
Renato, the main character had died at birth but wanted to live a lifetime on Earth. He was allowed to return in the time of grace, in the future when Heaven and Earth are united. There is romance and science fiction, too, because Renato falls in love, integrates into a family and is instrumental in developing space travel for humans to go into the universe and inhabit new planets.
If you decide to read it, do not miss the exciting endng (last pages) for the most emotional part of the story.
I also have a give away of paperback copies of the book in exchange for honest reviews. If interested send me an email specifying your "interest in the paperback" with your name and mailing address, to nayuso@yahoo.com . I will mail the book to the first five requestors anywhere in the USA.
With Love in Christ, Norma Ayuso


message 16: by Norma (new)

Norma Ayuso | 14 comments Free ebook: https://www.amazon.com/Heirs-Worlds-U...

A beautiful imaginative story of our future life on Earth and in other planets based on the biblical promises from our living God. Please read and post a review on Amazon! God bless you!


message 17: by Eli (new)

Eli | 8 comments Norma wrote: "Free ebook: https://www.amazon.com/Heirs-Worlds-U...

A beautiful imaginative story of our future life on Earth and in other planets based on the biblical prom..."


Picked up a copy. I'll be sure to read it and leave an honest review. :)

Not to piggyback but I'd be so grateful if you could return the favour on my literary short.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WFWZ553/


message 18: by M (new)

M Bull | 9 comments Joe wrote: "Hi M. I would be interested if you would reciprocate witgh my Christian-themed fictional memoir amazon.com/Name-Heaven-Still-Shining-... Thanks"

Hi Joe!

I almost finished reading the kindle sneak peek of your memoir and will leave you a review when I'm finished.


message 19: by M (new)

M Bull | 9 comments Eli wrote: "M wrote: "Hello, I recently published my first book, a standalone Christian fiction/women's contemporary novel titled 'With You Forever' and it doesn't appear to interest anyone except my Mom and a..."

Hi, Joe. I just finished reading the sample of your memoir and left you a review. If you want, you can read the e-book of 'With You Forever and review. But if not, it's okay.


back to top