What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's SciFic with themes similar to a Wrinkle in Time

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sunny (new)

Sunny | 6 comments All I remember about this book was that some kid got abducted by aliens to save the galaxy/universe and I'm pretty sure his dad was somehow also involved and missing. At the end of the book one of the creatures that he is traveling with splits in two due to some injury and one part of it is a (blue?) fuzzy caterpillar with a mouth, and another part of ends up being the eye and brain with legs and tail (like a really messed up lizard/cat hybrid?), and the kid's body is either destroyed or taken, and he ends up sharing brain space with his weird telepathic, lizard/cat alien friend. Presumably there was a sequel where these things get resolved.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4880 comments How many years ago did you read this?
Anything about the cover?

message 4: by Sunny (new)

Sunny | 6 comments Tab wrote: "How many years ago did you read this?
Anything about the cover?"

I would have read it in the mid-90's.

message 5: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Sciortino | 2 comments I’m looking for the same series and it’s driving me crazy. Did you ever find it?

I’m almost certain that the lizard cat hybrid animal is blue, and he has a long thin neck that the single eye sits on top of. The creature is on the cover of the book and they’re walking in a grey, desolate moonlike environment

message 6: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Sciortino | 2 comments Aliens stole my body by Bruce Coville!!

message 7: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1665 comments Aliens Stole My Body for Johnny's link.