Period One - Independent Reading Updates discussion

November 2019 > Reading Update #1

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miss (last edited Nov 12, 2019 05:42AM) (new)

Miss Miller | 5 comments Mod
DUE DATE: Friday, 11/15.

Update us on your progress in your independent reading book here! Remember to search for your book title and include the page number in your post. You should write 3 to 5 sentences.

Your post should answer one, or multiple, of the questions below:

What do I like about the book so far?
What do I dislike about the book so far?
What is happening in my book right now and how am I reacting to it?
Who are the characters? How are they progressing as the story goes on?
How is the plot progressing? What is happening in the book?
What are some predictions I have?
Is this a type of book I usually read? What makes me like stories like this?
What can I relate to in this book?

message 2: by Daron (new)

Daron Behney | 5 comments Diary of a Wimpy Kid] I like how the book keeps you laughing. You never really know what is going to happen, the world in the book is full of surprises. The book always makes me laugh, and makes me happy when I read it.

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Reed | 5 comments This Is Where It Ends
So far, I like the book because it is similar to events that are happening in our world right now. I dislike the violence, but at the same time I like it because it keeps the story moving. Right now in my book, one of the main characters, Tyler, is in the school and is starting to shoot (my book is about a school shooting). I think this book is based on a true story but I'm not exactly sure.

message 4: by Sumaya (new)

Sumaya Abdi | 5 comments [book:My Shot: Balancing It All and Standing Tall|35297162
This book is a lot interesting than I thought I would be. What I Like about this book is that it is sport related because I look books that are sports book. I can relate to this book because I am having so much pressure on me when I am doing Cross country and I don't like to be told. I guess I always wanted to try another sport and I wanted to try basketball and swimming.

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 5 comments The Trap I like my book so far because the way the author writes the perspective is very cool. I also like how the plot is developing .Right nowin my book the main characters are at a lady's house investigating the disappearance of allan's brother. They were looking for the author of a mysterious book that is a key detail in allan's brother's disapperance but found out he's dead when the old lady answered the door.

message 6: by Heather (last edited Nov 12, 2019 05:50AM) (new)

Heather McFadden | 4 comments (book:Paradise Lost by John Milton)What is happening in my book right now is Satan is raliying the demons to go to earth and start the war again against god and they are going to try to manipulate adam and eve so that they can destroy the world god made and him and the human race before it even happens. What happened before was the angel Satan did not like that God was ruling over everything so he manipulated a bunch of angles to believe what he did about God and then God babised them to the underworld for all eternity and now they are going to come back up for the underworld.

message 7: by Alexander (new)

Alexander | 5 comments HALO: Battle Born Im only on chapter two so not much is going on. There is nothing that I like or dislike yet because im only on chapter two. The book is just now showing us each characters backstory. The characters are saskia, dorian, evie, and victor.

message 8: by Skyler (new)

Skyler Bernstein | 4 comments The Drawing of the Three I like how strange the book is, like the main character got to a different time period by walking through a door. I dislike how long the book is. Right now Roland(The gunslinger) is in what is almost like modern day New York and is trying to find out what way he goes to reach the Dark Tower while also trying to now starve to death. I predict that he doesn't die because there are more books in the series.

message 9: by Gill (new)

Gill Silvera | 3 comments Ready Player One I'm not very far in the book so it's just establishing characters and stuff still. l like the concept of a virtual reality game that takes over a world with a crashed economy. I don’t really dislike anything about the book yet. The main character is Wade Watts. I usually don read books like this, I prefer cheesy love stories if Iḿ being honest, but I don have any other books so yeah.

message 10: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Brandtonies | 4 comments One Perfect Lie One Perfect Lie is the book i'm reading right now. So far it's pretty interesting. Chris brown is applying for a job at a High school as a teacher. But what the school doesn't know is that his actual name is Curt Abbott and is on the lookout. He is accused of murder and no one knows. He has more bad intentions for the school.

message 11: by Abby (last edited Nov 15, 2019 12:18PM) (new)

Abby | 5 comments Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated AdventuresI like this book because i like this author i like the way the author writes and she spaces out her lines so it is easier for me to read. The part that dislike about this book is it takes forever to get to the big stuff in the story. So far in the book this girl name flora watches her neighbor suck up a squirrle and she saved it and now the girl has the pet squirrel, So far in the story there is a girl name flora, a squirrel's name ulysses, a mother, a neighbor named tootie, lastly named william. In the book right now the mother is finding out about Ulysses and making her trying to make flora get rid of it. My prediction is that her whole family finds out and makes her try and get rid of the squirrel but it does not work. I like fiction stories and the reason why i like this book the most is the author and i like the way she writes and spaces out the words.

message 12: by Silas (new)

Silas Miller | 3 comments Max: Best Friend. Hero. Marine.
This book is about a dog who is in the marines and his owner just died so he has to go back to the family. Other people are trying to get rid of Max or kill him and his new family is just trying to save him.

message 13: by Teagan (last edited Nov 16, 2019 11:28AM) (new)

Teagan Valente | 5 comments So far in my book I have enjoyed it. It is about a family who is in a car just driving. In the front seat is the father who is silent and driving. And on the other side is the mother in the passenger seat and she is crying. There is a girl in the back of the car who has no clue where her family is going. They pass a sign that they have entered a town but she couldn't read the name. Then the first words of the entire car ride are spoken and it is her father saying "those are new". He later meets up with a random lady and asked for a favor but then like the mother, he starts to cry just not silently. I found this book because it is by an author that I have always liked.

Double Identity
Page: 32

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Meyers | 5 comments As of now, I'm really enjoying this book, in the beginning it got straight to the point, and it made the book very intriguing. So far we know about these 2 sisters, Tilly (oldest) and Roo (younger), and there father whom died a little while back.Tilly is thought out to be the perfect sister and makes no mistakes, while Roo is kinda just your average girl. Until Tilly gets into a bad car accident that puts her in a coma. So far, I really enjoy this book, and can't wait to see how the characters will progress even with the obstacle they've met.

message 15: by Amina (new)

Amina Mulaosmanovic | 5 comments I like how the book gets right to the point and I can read it to the point that I don't realize that I'm on the next chapter so for right now I and it talks about her past and all the struggle and how just finding her dog made her life better even though it was hard for her to make friends and when she did it was an adult she didn't really have any friends her age because she moved in a house were kids weren't aloud to live it was only an exception for her because her did was a preacher and she didn't act like a kid she was very chill and was quiet.

message 16: by Gavin (new)

Gavin | 4 comments The hunger games. so far the book is good. There is nothing that i don't like about the book yet. they are sending katniss back to the hunger games.