What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Behind the Attic Wall
This topic is about Behind the Attic Wall
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA novel containing "Bees have hooves? I must go and save the roses!" response from gardener upon hearing the word "behoves". [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (din0bot) | 2 comments I wish I had more to add, but I forget this book completely. I read it in my school library in the 90's... probably 95-98, or as late as 2002 but no later.

Could be a kind of "England fantasy novel" (like alice-in-wonderland or narnia) about a young child at a big manor house with a simple but kind gardener...maybe? The only thing I am certain of is the quote in the title said by a gardener, and the likelihood that I was reading fantasty or scifi.

I thought the quote came from "Three Lives to Live" by Anne Lindbergh, but I just read that story and it does not. Any ideas?!!!

Thank you greatly - I am hoping to track down this book for my sister, since we still laugh together about "saving the roses" whenever we overheard "behoves."

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4989 comments Behind the Attic Wall has a similar line.

message 3: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (din0bot) | 2 comments That's it! Thank you!!!!!

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4989 comments Fantastic! That’s such a great book. I must reread it soon.