Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Archives > [2020] Voting for 12th Mini Poll

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Katie (last edited Sep 01, 2019 04:59PM) (new)

Katie | 2369 comments It's now time to get ready to vote for our next set of prompts! But as we discussed before the process began, we are going to open the poll one day after we've gathered the suggestions. This is a good opportunity to ask any question you may have regarding the prompts, make some research or ask for recommendations. I'll try to add the relevant info to the prompt descriptions below as the discussion goes.

Voting will open on 9/1 and results will be posted on 9/6 after 8pm EDT.

How it works:
- When the voting opens, follow the link to the mini-poll that will be added at the end of this post
- You have a total of 8 votes this poll to spread across your favourite and least favourite prompts (you can also use less than 8 votes)
- The poll will be open for five days, so you don't have to rush and vote straightaway
- The prompts with the more "positive" votes (top minus bottom) will be announced shortly after the end of the poll and added to the final list (expect between 2 and 5 depending on how the votes are spread)
- We are asking people to include their Goodreads profile address when they vote. To find this, just go to your own profile and then copy the URL/web address. If for some reason you can't link to your Goodreads profile, please post your full Goodreads name with enough identifiable information that we'll be able to access your profile. We’ve introduced this for two reasons:

1. On a few occasions in each poll, people have used more than the allotted number of votes, either because they aren’t familiar with the rules or just by mistake. When this happens our only option is to disregard the vote as we can’t identify the voter to ask them to resubmit. By asking for your profile address we’ll be able to message you and ask you to vote again if you’ve accidentally used more than the allotted number of votes.

2. Unfortunately a very small number of people have voted more than once per poll and so we are asking for this information to prevent duplicate votes.

As a reminder: You have a total of 8 votes to use among your top and bottom votes. The mods have access to each individual vote, so we can see if you use more than 8 votes. If you use more than 8 votes in the poll, your vote will have to be deleted, so please make sure to follow the directions so your voice can be heard.

Poll Entries:
A book from a genre or sub genre that starts with a letter in your name (first, middle or last) 
eg. A - adventure
M - mystery
Y - young adult

L - literary fiction
Y - Yuri
N - non-fiction
N - nanopunk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...

A history or historical fiction book set in your favorite historical period

A book with a musical instrument in the title or on the cover

A book tagged with a two-word genre
eg. Young Adult, Epic Poetry, Science Fiction, Historical Fiction, Short Stories, Fairy Tale

A classic book (fiction or nonfiction) you've always meant to read

A book about revenge
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...

A book from a genre you did not read in 2019

A book with sad, depressing or dark elements

A book related to Earth Day
See message 10 for ideas

A book with only 2s and 0s in the page count
eg. 200, 220, 222

A book published in 2020

A book with at least a 4.4 average rating on Goodreads

A book related to a subject taught in schools
eg. Maths, Science, History, Geography, Politics, Art

A book rated 5 stars by someone in the ATY group

A book listed in the "See similar books..." link on the Goodreads page for a book you've previously enjoyed
In the desktop web browser, open the page for a book, look over to the right-hand side of the page across from the blurb - not always available for some less-well-known books that don't have many ratings

Vote here:
https://www.surveymoz.com/s/T6MFP/

Raquel (Silver Valkyrie Reads) It doesn't seem like a good sign that of the books I've read on the revenge shelf, about half of them I've rated two stars... Mockingjay is on there though, and I've thought about re-reading that trilogy soon, so I guess that's enough to keep me from down voting it.

The specifically broad wording on the sad/dark elements prompt is the only thing keeping me from down voting that one too--I hate sad endings!

I'm definitely intrigued by the genre that starts with one of the letters in your name. I was skeptical at first, but it turns out I have such intriguing options as apocalyptic, lab lit and quantum fiction, and can fall back on adventure, epic fantasy or urban fantasy if I need as easy prompt.

I will have a couple down votes (with apologies to those who love it, I will always down vote book published this year), but there are quite a few I like in this batch (4.4 average rating, see similar books, rated 5 stars by someone in group, etc)

message 3: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 821 comments As excited as I am about a challenging genre prompt, I’m not sure I can think of a genre I haven’t read this year that I have any interest in at all... maybe I could come up with a sub-genre?

Raquel (Silver Valkyrie Reads) Chrissy wrote: "As excited as I am about a challenging genre prompt, I’m not sure I can think of a genre I haven’t read this year that I have any interest in at all... maybe I could come up with a sub-genre?"

I hadn't quite figured out what I thought of that one either, since I already read pretty broadly and do have a couple genres I just have no interest in. Plus, as a mood reader it's hard to plan ahead because I might spontaneously read in a subgenre I'd otherwise use before the end of this year....

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2632 comments It seems to be a pretty good list for me overall. I had 4 or 5 that I was immediately interested in, including both the two-word genre and the genre starting with a letter in your name.

I'm not such a fan of the "see similar books" one, but probably won't downvote it either. I just find that the suggestions that come up for me tend to be the same few books, and aren't necessarily that similar to the book they are supposed to be based from.

message 6: by Avery (new)

Avery (averyapproved) | 464 comments Unfortunately, this is the first time that I am uninspired by the prompt list. While I like Earth Day, I’m doubtful it will get through seeing as it has already been through several votes to no avail. The school subject and genre prompts are boring to me and feel like freebies since any subject can be a school subject, and any genre can have a second word qualifier on it. And a favorite historical era?! I don’t have one and would downvote this for the same reason I would downvoted the sky at my favorite time of day from last week.

message 7: by Chinook (new)

Chinook | 639 comments The 4.4 average one is mostly leading me to books that haven’t been rated or reviewed much. Which could be fine, I guess.

I was interested in the books I found while researching the previous western genre prompt, so that would probably be my choice for genre I hadn’t read this year. I don’t read westerns enough that it’s going to be any hardship to continue to not read any this year.

I’m not sure how I’m going to vote yet, but I’ve founded a few options for each prompt and am thinking I might do all upvotes.

message 8: by dalex (last edited Sep 01, 2019 12:22AM) (new)

dalex (912dalex) | 1689 comments This entire list of prompts seems to be a study in extremes - either extremely narrow or extremely broad.

For example, the 4.4 rating. I checked all the books I read in 2018 (90) and all the books I've read so far in 2019 (89) and do you know how many have at least a 4.4 rating? Zero. So that prompt seems pretty much impossible to me.

Or the "book rated 5 stars by someone in the ATY group." There are over 6,000 members in the ATY group so I'm pretty sure almost any book I might want to read has been rated 5 Stars by someone. Thus making it seem rather pointless as a challenge prompt.

I'm not sure yet how I"ll vote but I've got a feeling I'll be doing a goodly bit of downvoting.

message 9: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (patchworkbunny) | 1699 comments I'm just not a fan of prompts with a personal element. The only prompt I want out of these is Earth Day and like Avery said, it's already been through a few rounds. (And I like new releases but I get other people's concerns over it).

What's wrong with just having a prompt that's historical fiction and then people can BIO/KIS with extra bits like favourite period...

message 10: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments dalex wrote: "Or the "book rated 5 stars by someone in the ATY group." There are over 6,000 members in the ATY group so I'm pretty sure almost any book I might want to read has been rated 5 Stars by someone. Thus making it seem rather pointless as a challenge prompt. "

To make it BIO, you could choose a book rated 5 stars by one of the mods, I seem to recall it was a suggestion last year or the year before (I even used it to read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks in my reject challenge 😉).

I reeeeaaally like the Earth Day prompt, but feel like people think it's too narrow. You wouldn't have to read a climate fiction to fill this prompt, it could be:
- a book where nature plays a big part, like a book set in a harsh environment (I'm currently reading To The Bright Edge of the World set in Alaska, and it would definitely fit), about a volcano, earthquakes, drought
- a book that makes you discover a place you've never been, like if you've never been to the jungle and you read a book set there that describes how the jungle looks and feels like, same with desert, icy environment, etc.
- a book in which a character is connected to nature by their profession (farmer, scientist, explorer, ...), love of hiking, travelling
- a book with animals as main characters (for those of you who liked xenofiction)
- a non-fiction about a natural phenomenon, element (like Salt: A World History), astrobiology, gardening, ...
- with a cover picturing Earth, a natural phenomenon, a beautiful landscape, ...
- with a title including something liked to nature, like forest, beach, ice, ...

I love this prompt because nowadays we're talking so much about the changes we can see in the nature around us, it's a great opportunity to celebrate it by reading about it on the 50th anniversary of Earth Day.

message 11: by Peter (last edited Sep 01, 2019 02:25AM) (new)

Peter | 0 comments I like that we're getting some genre prompts in, but for me, three of them (a book from a genre you didn't read in 2019, a two word genre, a book from a genre starting from a letter in your name) essentially all boil down to "A book from a genre of your choice", so they are all basically free picks. If any of them get in, ok, but they are just meh. I'd prefer just simply "a book from X genre", but those kinds of prompts have never been particularly popular in our group and rarely get in without some kind of qualifier added on.

As far as the historical fiction prompt goes, I don't think the "favourite historical period" part is necessary, but it is easy enough to ignore and just pick any historical fiction.

I'm really like the revenge, and dark elements prompts and the Earth Day one is growing on me - I'm thinking about using The Overstory if that one makes it onto the list.

message 12: by Kat (new)

Kat | 262 comments For Earth Day my local library is currently showcasing the Wainwright Prize which aims to reward the best writing on the outdoors and nature. It is focused on the UK but there may be something similar in other countries. I don't usually read these kinds of books but there are some that sound really interesting.

https://wainwrightprize.com/2019-long...

message 13: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (patchworkbunny) | 1699 comments Peter wrote: "I like that we're getting some genre prompts in, but for me, three of them (a book from a genre you didn't read in 2019, a two word genre, a book from a genre starting from a letter in your name) e..."

None of my go-to genres are in my name so it's not a free pick for me. I'm not that keen on the prompt because its difficulty really varies from person to person, but if it gets in I will make myself read a western!

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2369 comments I was thinking of using The Overstory for the geometric cover prompt.

I agree with what a lot of people have said. I would prefer a more definitive genre prompt, even if it pushes me outside of my comfort zone than one that allowed me to pick from any genre. Even though I think the genre prompts put forth are pretty creative, I likely won't vote for any of them. I was going to suggest a genre prompt this round, but with these more open genre prompt suggestions, I thought what I was planning to suggest would have no shot.

I also with the history/ historical fiction prompt said something like "a time period you're interested in" instead of your favorite, because then I would definitely vote for it. I think people who don't feel like they have a favorite will stay away from that prompt.

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2369 comments Also, in case people didn't see it on the suggestion thread:

I specifically worded the sad/ depressing/ dark prompt to say contain elements so it can encompass books like A Man Called Ove that has sad parts, but is a heartwarming read overall. Also I combined sad with dark in the prompt to appeal to different tastes. Like I think books like You would definitely work for dark if you're less into depressing (like Jody and I are 🤣).

message 16: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3823 comments Mod
I like the idea of choosing based on the letter since there’s more flexibility but it’s tough when it varies so much by member and possibly includes long names, so a lot of letters.

Maybe something more like “A book with a genre or sub genre that starts with the letters A, T, or Y”

message 17: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 1305 comments I like the Earth Day prompt. There are quite a few options with it. A dystopia, climate fiction, biographies of scientists or political activists, non fiction about solar power, batteries, wind, any nature topic, books that take place in a natural environment and many more.

It will be fun to choose one.

message 18: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 2872 comments I actually really like this list. My favorites are:

A genre that starts with a letter in your name: Going through my entire name (totalling 13 letters) I didn't have any of my favorite genres on the list. I prefer it to a straight up genre prompt because it's fun to research and to find new subgenres that I have never heard of or have read before.

A Two Word Genre: I also don't see this as being a freebie, if you are into romance, you can't just pick any romance, it has to a specific type of romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal romance, regency romance, etc. Again, it's fun to think about what subgenres the book I pick fit into.

A history or historical fiction book set in your favorite historical period: I like this one because, while I am not a big historical fiction reader, I do like narrative nonfictions of certain historical events. Do I have a "favorite" time period, no, but I really don't want to be that strict about it. I'll pick a period that I like and go with that.

A book with sad, depressing or dark elements: I'm a sad, depressing and dark person and I like sad, depressing and dark things, what can I say?

A book about revenge: I don't generally read books just because they have a revenge element in them but a lot of books I read do have a theme of revenge, so I will most likely upvote this one.

A book related to Earth Day: I still love this one. Like someone else already said, it does not have to be a cli-fi, it can be a book set in the arctic, it can be a book about animals (zoo, farm, wild animals), it could be a book set in a factory town (pollution!), set in a state/federal park or land preserve, etc. There are just a million ways to go with it and I like that versatility.

So, that's 6 upvotes for me. If I downvote any, it would be the book related to a school subject because isn't everything related to a school subject somehow? I have historical nonfiction, science-fiction, books related to shakespeare (literature)...too many choices for me. My other downvote would be "see similar books" because it's never very accurate for me and I am trying to read more from my tbr and not buy so many new books. I don't really hate either one of these though, so if they get in, I will make them work!

message 19: by Pam (last edited Sep 01, 2019 06:53AM) (new)

Pam (bluegrasspam) | 2491 comments Here are some listopias relating to musical instruments. Voice is considered an instrument so that could be an option also.

Musical Instruments
Stringed Instruments on the Cover
For Musicians and Music Lovers
Picture Books About the Art of Music
Books with Musical Instruments in the Title

I like the genre prompt using your name. It's not a free pick for me. I would go with poetry, mystery, magical realism, or memoir. I rarely read any of them, other than the occasional mystery.

I will probably vote for the school subject prompt and read about a non-fiction science and/or history topic. I took oceanography in high school, so something about marine animals (a former prompt that I liked) would work. Another idea is to read a book from one of my daughter's HS English reading list. She had a much more diverse list than I did in the '70s and I kept her books I wanted to read.

I still like the Earth Day prompt and will vote for it!

I agree with Dalex that the 4.4 rating is too restrictive and the 5.0 is too easy. Any decent book has been rated 5 stars by one of my friends.

message 20: by Avery (last edited Sep 01, 2019 07:02AM) (new)

Avery (averyapproved) | 464 comments I would totally vote for a genre that starts with A T or Y because it’s related to the group, more focused, and I like that the group would be using the same letters. I wish that was the suggestion, because I will be down-voting the genre prompts related to the letters in your name :(

message 21: by Jillian (last edited Sep 01, 2019 07:14AM) (new)

Jillian | 1632 comments I was looking at all the prompts that have been on the list that could be considered genre. We have a done a lot, I don't think it is a bad thing to want broader prompts. There have been several very narrow ones in previous years. It could be that as a whole members are getting tired of reading books about genres they don't like.

The 2016 List
8. A classic book with less than 200 pages
12. A childhood classic
19. A non-fiction book
28. A biography, autobiography, or memoir
30. A fairytale from a culture other than your own
31. A work of young adult fiction
32. A historical fiction book
40. A novella from your favorite genre
42. A top 100 fantasy novel
46. A crime story
48. A dystopia

The 2017 List
5. A historical fiction
12. A book based on a myth
16. A mystery
26. An adventure book
28. A non-fiction
31. A book from a sub-genre of your favorite genre
33. A magical realism novel
39. An epistolary fiction
46. A time travel novel
50. A Penguin Modern Classic - any edition

The 2018 List
7. A gothic novel
11. A literary fiction
16. A narrative nonfiction
23. A medical or legal thriller
38. A science book or a science fiction book

The 2019 List
9. A book from one of the top 5 money making genres (romance/erotica, crime/mystery, religious/inspirational, science fiction/fantasy or horror)
17. A speculative fiction (i.e. fantasy, scifi, horror, dystopia)
31. A children’s classic you’ve never read
35. A psychological thriller
45. A multi-generational saga

message 22: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

message 23: by Jillian (last edited Sep 01, 2019 07:13AM) (new)

Jillian | 1632 comments Why did the history/historical fiction have to add the qualifier "favorite"? I don't have a favorite.

I'm undecided on the name genre. I don't like that it is based on me personally but I think it is a fun idea. (I don't like the idea of limiting to A, T, Y).

I think the 2 word genre could be either limiting or broad based on personal preference. I like that it can be made as easy or as hard as you want. I don't really understand the need for forced hardness in prompts for everyone.

message 24: by Nadine (new)

Nadine Jones | 1346 comments Chrissy wrote: "As excited as I am about a challenging genre prompt, I’m not sure I can think of a genre I haven’t read this year that I have any interest in at all... maybe I could come up with a sub-genre?"

yeah that one is tough, but after looking through the list of sub-genres to find some that start w/ my name's letters, there are a TON of sub-genres that I have not read, so I can squeeze something in. (Nano-fiction, for example. I'm not sure if I've EVER read nanofiction. )

message 25: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 292 comments The only books I've read with over 4.4 as the average rating are self-published ones with few reviews where friends and family have boosted the score. Having said that Zanzibar Uhuru entirely deserves its rating IMHO.

message 26: by Nadine (new)

Nadine Jones | 1346 comments I like historical fiction and read quite a bit, but I'm not voting for that category because I don't have a favorite time period, I don't even know how to pick a "favorite" time period, the entire idea is paralyzing for me. I'm not voting against it, and if it wins, I guess I'll just pick a book that is in a time period I read the most?

I'm not voting for the school subject idea, but I'm fine if it wins, because every year I read any books assigned to my daughters that I have not read yet, just as a way to broaden my reading. A book assigned in school is related to a school subject, right?

message 27: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (new)

Emily Bourque (emilyardoin) | 6944 comments Mod
I was going to suggest just “a historical fiction novel”, but this prompt got suggested first and I seconded it, figuring all this discussion would happen. I’m not huge on “favorite” time periods, but I read a lot of historical fiction set during WWII and during the Tudor period, so I would definitely read a book during one of those times if it wins.

For this prompt, KIS would be any time period you enjoy reading about (rather than favorite, obviously). BIO would be about the time period in an opposite genre (so fiction, if you read a lot of nonfiction, and nonfiction if you read a lot of fiction).

message 28: by Liz (new)

Liz | 499 comments Sophie, I LOVE all the ideas you listed for Earth Day. I wanted to come up with links when I nominated it, so people can see how broad it is, but I was having a hard time finding that many. I need to go look back through again using your recommendations.

message 29: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 1632 comments Emily wrote: "I was going to suggest just “a historical fiction novel”, but this prompt got suggested first and I seconded it, figuring all this discussion would happen. I’m not huge on “favorite” time periods, ..."

If the genre prompts don't make it this time, I think I will submit
"A history or historical fiction book" for the next poll and then members could use your KIS and BIO options.

message 30: by Sophie (last edited Sep 01, 2019 09:49AM) (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments Liz wrote: "Sophie, I LOVE all the ideas you listed for Earth Day. I wanted to come up with links when I nominated it, so people can see how broad it is, but I was having a hard time finding that many. I need ..."

Thanks Liz, happy to help! 😃

I have 16 books on my tbr which have a 4.4 average rating or higher and more than 1000 rating, so I'm good for this one 😉

message 31: by Sesia (new)

Sesia | 29 comments Sophie finally won me over to the Earth Day prompt! Now, I'm psyched about it. Thank you for all of the exciting interpretations :-D

message 32: by Sesia (new)

Sesia | 29 comments Thank you, Pam, for the Musical Instrument listopias! I really liked the prompt when I saw it, but I wasn't discouraged about combing through my TBR for candidates. (giggle) listopias = blessed efficiency

message 33: by Pam (new)

Pam (bluegrasspam) | 2491 comments Ok, I take back my comment about the 4.4 rating. I have quite a few (surprisingly) on my TBR that fall in that range! I was thinking of 4.5 which is really limiting and almost exclusively picture books and books with under 100 ratings. Once I got into the 4.4s, it really opened up the options!

message 34: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 53 comments I like several of these prompts. I’m a little surprised at the people who are having trouble finding books rated 4.4 and above. I have 50 on my want to read shelf with anywhere from 1 review to over 1,00,000 reviews. I’m looking forward to that one. But then I find I rarely read books that have a rating of less than 3.7 so maybe that skews things (and I have almost 800 books on my want to read shelf!).

message 35: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3823 comments Mod
I was surprised how few I have with above a 4.4. I had more options with a 4.3.

But I tend to go by ratings (probably more than I should). So I’m confident that I would have no problem finding something. It would probably be more of a challenge if it asked for one under a 3.6. That’s usually when I get turned off. But I probably miss some good ones that way.

message 36: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 292 comments I've found these for the 4.4 rating question:

https://bookriot.com/2018/07/18/highe...

https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/hi...

which give me one idea and one book I was already thinking of using for a different prompt.

message 37: by Chinook (new)

Chinook | 639 comments The 4.4 and above definitely tend towards series books. I’m trying - and failing - to not start any more without finishing ones I’ve already started.

message 38: by dalex (last edited Sep 01, 2019 12:05PM) (new)

dalex (912dalex) | 1689 comments Laura wrote: "Here’s two lists for the 4.4 rating prompt."

I looked at the first page of each of those lists, which is a total of 200 books. Of those, I have all of three on my TBR List. So, yeah, for me this prompt is so restrictive that it's pretty much impossible.

Raquel (Silver Valkyrie Reads) Since young adult is one of my favorite genres, 'two word genre' really is a freebie for me. And if I don't count YA as a genre, science fiction *still* makes it essentially a freebie. I won't down vote it, but I definitely don't find a freebie prompt interest enough to up vote either.

I have 14 books on my owned TBR that have an average rating of 4.4 or above. And yes, probably most of those are obscure with very few ratings, but I actually like prompts that encourage reading more obscure, less popular books, so that's a pro rather than a con for me.

Raquel (Silver Valkyrie Reads) I have just discovered that out of nearly 300 books on my already owned TBR, not a single one seems to have a musical instrument in the title or on the cover. This probably says something about me, considering that I would have had may options for the 'weapon on cover' prompt that didn't win...

message 41: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2632 comments Raquel wrote: "I have just discovered that out of nearly 300 books on my already owned TBR, not a single one seems to have a musical instrument in the title or on the cover. This probably says something about me,..."

It's not just you. I have more than 3000 on my Goodreads TBR, and the only one I found with an instrument in the title or on the cover was Drum Roll, Please

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sezziy) | 585 comments I suggested the 4.4 prompt. I was going to say 4.5 but I only had a handful of options but dropping it to 4.4 bumped it up significantly.

Raquel (Silver Valkyrie Reads) Rachel wrote: "Raquel wrote: "I have just discovered that out of nearly 300 books on my already owned TBR, not a single one seems to have a musical instrument in the title or on the cover. This probably says some..."

Now that I took the time to go through my full not-yet-owned TBR (which I think is approaching 800 books), I have found two possible options for that prompt. (Diary of a Player: How My Musical Heroes Made a Guitar Man Out of Me and The Violinist's Thumb: And Other Lost Tales of Love, War, and Genius, as Written by Our Genetic Code). It's enough for me not to down vote it, but it does seem quite challenging!

message 44: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 1632 comments I have finally figured out my votes for this poll with 5 up and 3 down. I decided for me I can change 2. A history or historical fiction book set in your favorite historical period to A history or historical fiction book set in historical period you are interested in and will upvote it.

message 45: by Johanne (new)

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 1614 comments @Sarah, I had a lot more on my TBR with the 4.4 ratings or more than I anticipated.

message 46: by Johanne (new)

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 1614 comments *Starts looking for musical instruments on covers even though it's bedtime*

message 48: by Serendipity (new)

Serendipity | 436 comments I can see the appeal of having the genre prompt be starts with the letters ATor Y rather than a letter from your name. It ties it back to this groups and carries on the tradition of title and author’s name including ATY which we’ve had this year and last. I probably prefer the name - more options- but would vote for either. It’s my favourite among this batch of suggestions.

message 49: by Liz (new)

Liz | 499 comments Katie, can you add "see message 10 for Earth Day ideas?" Or something along those lines to link to Sophie's list. Her list encompasses so much more than any links I can find.

message 50: by Pam (new)

Pam (bluegrasspam) | 2491 comments For the instrument prompt, off the top of my head, I have a few titles on my TBR: Accordion Crimes, The Blue Guitar, The Unstrung Harp, Drums of Autumn, The Weight of a Piano, The Pianist, and The Tim Drum. Thank You, Jeeves has a banjolele (part banjo, part ukulele) on its cover! Devil and the Bluebird has a really cool guitar on the cover! It’s definitely a more challenging prompt but that’s why I like it. Plus, I love music! 🎶

« previous 1