Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Top Three Thursday > Top Three Reads in August 2019

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4424 comments Mod
Share your top three reads of the month!

message 4: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Bill wrote: "1. Circe by Madeline Miller
2. The Hod King by Josiah Bancroft
3. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater"

I loved the The Raven Boys! Glad you enjoyed it too!

message 6: by Shae (new)

Shae | 372 comments 1. Heir of Novron - Great ending to the Riyria Revelations trilogy.
2. Sir Thomas the Hesitant and the Table of Less Valued Knights - This made me laugh :-)
3. Faycalibur - Same again :-)

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2130 comments Maria wrote: "I loved the The Raven Boys! Glad you enjoyed it too!"

Really looking forward to continuing the series!

message 8: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Bill wrote: "Maria wrote: "I loved the The Raven Boys! Glad you enjoyed it too!"

Really looking forward to continuing the series!"

I've read the second book and have to get to Blue Lily, Lily Blue so let me know when you get to that maybe we can BR it together :)

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1256 comments Shae wrote: "1. Heir of Novron - Great ending to the Riyria Revelations trilogy.
2. Sir Thomas the Hesitant and the Table of Less Valued Knights - This made me la..."

Heir of Novron was one of the most satisfying conclusions to a series I've read. So good. I also added Sir Thomas the Hesitant out of curiosity. :)

message 10: by Melissa (last edited Sep 13, 2019 09:53PM) (new)

Melissa | 1256 comments August apparently had a theme, because my top reads last month were all extremely gay.

1. Novae #1
This webcomic is unbelievably gorgeous! Featuring a 17th century apprentice astronomer and an enigmatic necromancer, I'm completely hooked. Free to read online too. Just look at that pretty!
Novae #1 (Novae, #1) by Kaiju Novae #2 (Novae, #2) by Kaiju Novae #3 (Novae, #3) by Kaiju Novae #4 (Novae, #4) by Kaiju Novae #5 (Novae, #5) by Kaiju Novae #6 (Novae, #6) by Kaiju Novae #7 (Novae, #7) by Kaiju Novae #8 (Novae, #8) by Kaiju

2. The Lightning-Struck Heart
Unashamedly immature, this fantasy farce made me laugh and cackle again and again, then surprisingly tear up near the end. I mean, the wizard's arch nemesis is Tina, the teenage fanclub president who insults his dry muffins.

3. Hot Head
Romance I wasn't sure of at first, but gave me all the feels. A firefighter is in love with his best friend, and the UST is through the roof.

message 11: by Shae (last edited Sep 15, 2019 04:20PM) (new)

Shae | 372 comments @Melissa - Heir of Novron was great wasn't it! Lol about your August reads theme, glad you enjoyed them - I'll have to check out The Lightning-Struck Heart - sometimes you just need to read something that makes you laugh, but still has some heart :-)