Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > How many books did you buy in August of 2009?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Sep 01, 2009 05:21AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
August is now over so it is time again to stand up and proudly announce how many books we ended up buying that month. Nothing to be ashamed of, right? :-)

My name is Joseph and I bought 35 books this last month. 25 of them from the used book shelves at my library, 9 from Borders, and one from Book Depository. I didn't pay full price for a single one, but I probably would not have bought many of them if they had been full price. Used prices and Borders' coupons are my Achille's heals. How about you?

(Please vote at this poll also: http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/21... )

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 106 comments Hey not bad!
I am happy to say that I only bought 12. I had the same thing didn't pay full price for any of them. I had borders coupons and went to a used book store and had great sales.

message 3: by LooLoo (last edited Sep 01, 2009 07:23PM) (new)

LooLoo It got too scary to keep track of the number so I'm guessing around 70. *hangs head in shame*

At least I can say I bargain shopped. The few I bought at Borders were with the 40% off coupon, the ones I bought at bookdepository.com were all 50% and all the other books were from the used bookstores or ebay. I actually got some books for as cheap as $.50.

I am going to try my best to not buy many this month. We shall see...

message 4: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Don't feel too bad Looloo! There are worse things you could be spending your money on!!

I'm proud to say I only bought 11 books in August! 8 from bookdepository.com, 2 from Costco and 1 from my local fav bookstore, Powells. And didn't pay full price for any of them! :) Can't wait to see how September goes! Hoping to buy one tonight as a matter of fact LOL

message 5: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) i ended up around 50....D:

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 13 comments I'm not too sure, but I know it is between 35-40 this month. Sad, I know, but most were deals from a newly discovered used book store in town, and the rest from Borders coupons, Amazon's free shipping, and Barnes and Noble's 10% off everyday. I just love my books!

message 7: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Mine was 16 books for August and I have to admit I paid mostly full price for them all, oh well like I always say I don't drink, smoke or gamble, it's a healthier addiction.

message 8: by LooLoo (new)

LooLoo Karen wrote: " oh well like I always say I don't drink, smoke or gamble, it's a healthier addiction."
Amen! That's what I keep telling my husband. Although he swears from the way I keep buying books they must have crack in them or something.

message 9: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. LOL, that's funny Looloo.