What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED: yellow-bound classic kidlit series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather | 3 comments I'm looking for an edition/publisher rather than a book.

In 1978-79, I read a number of classic children's books all in the same type of edition. It was clothbound in yellow with black spines that extended well onto the front and back of the book. Titles included The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and possibly Cheaper by the Dozen.

Any thoughts as to what the series may have been?

message 2: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments If you look for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and click on other editions, you can see quite a few of them, including Puffin and Scholastic, which show yellowish versions.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 219 comments I think I had a set of those, but they don't have any information about the editions, just the regular publication info.

I had "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe", "Mary Poppins", "A Wrinkle in Time", "National Velvet", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", and "Little House in the Big Woods." And they look like this:

[image error]

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 3 comments Jackie--I think that's it! Who's the publisher?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 219 comments I've looked, but all the ones I have just list the original publishers and publication dates. There's no information at all about the special editions.

Like here, for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory:

[image error]

Nothing in the back of the book, or the covers, either. I've looked all through the books with no luck!