What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Three sisters named Opal, Jade, and Amber go on a quest [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) Okay... So there are three sisters, Opal is really quiet, Amber is happy, and Jade is the rich snotty one. They all came from different families and were told about their siblings on one of their birthdays then given a stone that goes with their name. Then they go on this quest and the world changes into a fantasy world, and there is a prophecy... I don't remember all of it, but I remember the last part; And one will convince the others to die.

The book ends with a battle and Jade convinces the others to throw the stones to the warriors to help them win.

One other thing I remember about it... The book was BRIGHT ORANGE and more than an inch thick. Or the version I read was.

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments The Prophecy of the Stones by Flavia Bujor.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) Ooh! That's it! THANKS! ((That's been bothering me for Four years now...))

message 4: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Was it good? I only looked at it in a bookstore when it came out and happened to remember the orange with jewels.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) Yes! It was wonderful! My librarian gave it to me to read because she never had time and I LOVED reading, and so when I gave it back to her and I couldn't stop talking about it for days... It's really good.

message 6: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Cool, I'll have to see if my library has it.

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) | 12 comments This reminds me of Avalon.... it's really almost the same thing. Except they're kind of friends. There is one loner, a shy one, and Kara, the snobby, rich one. They need to save the magical world Avalon. They have magical powers with stones.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) You mean like the Great Tree of Avalon books?