Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > If You Can Read A Hero and/or Heroine Out Of A Book, Who Would It Be And Why?

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6567 comments Mod
Okay ladies, if you had the power like Brendan Fraser's character did in inkheart, which hero and/or heroine would you read out of a book and why?

You don't have to worry about anyone going in the book. This will not happen.

I will not share first. But of course, you all know that Sam and Dave are coming out of a book. :)

So?......

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Gosh why would you ask me something like this? lol ha haha

hmmm who would I read out of a book?

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Aug 24, 2009 06:05PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Oh, that's so hard. My short list:

King Arthur (I think I'd be a much better queen than Guinevere)
Carter McKoy from The Texan's Wager by Jodi Thomas
Samuel Gerard from The Shadow and the Star
Lochlain McRieve from A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Nikolai Wroth from The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole, okay three Wroth brothers: Nikolai, Conrad, and Sebastian.
And Ethan MacCarrick from If You Decieve by Kresley Cole.

message 4: by Arch , Mod (new)

Sorr ladies. I didn't mean for it to be hard, but fun instead. :)

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Arch wrote: "Sorr ladies. I didn't mean for it to be hard, but fun instead. :)

"

I know who I would pick but I am embarassed to say it lol ha ha

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
You did see my list, Sharon. No need for embarrassment.

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

I think that Sharon will say Jacob. Correct me if I am wrong? If I am right, well, he is in a book, right? That means you could read him out of the book.

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Michelle, you are talking about Paul Bettany.

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Arch wrote: "I think that Sharon will say Jacob. Correct me if I am wrong? If I am right, well, he is in a book, right? That means you could read him out of the book.

"

Oh Arch you know me so well :)

message 10: by Arch , Mod (new)

Sharon wrote: "Arch wrote: "
Oh Arch you know me so well"

I know you love Jacob. So, read him out of your book.

message 11: by Arch , Mod (new)

dreamwild1985 wrote: "don't be embarassed sharon, because i wanna read out Edward, lol"

Then read him Maya.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Ooh, I forgot about Edward. Add him to my list too.

message 13: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments That's a hard, because I've come across so many heros that seemed to jump right off the page.

Let see three off the top of my head would be:
Adam Omega from In The Beginning
Matthew Turner from My Angel
Jake Fox from A Night to Remeber

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1367 comments I'd pick Roarke from JD Robb's In Death series. I seriously want to see what this man looks like. I can't put an actor face to him because he seems almost too perfect, I do kinda visualize him as a cross between a young Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Day Lewis. But even that still isn't quite right.

message 15: by Arch , Mod (new)

I want to read Legolas and his white horse out of The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers.

Oh my! That horse scene was a hot topic. He sure does know how to get on a horse. Wow!

message 16: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1225 comments Michael & Alex from The Darkyn Series by Lynn Viehl
Bart & Faye - Pleasure Seekers - Rochelle Allers
Star & Mitch from Starletta Duval series- Judith Smith Levin

Keithen & Simone - Arms of a Stranger- Giselle Carmichael

Caroline & Brian - At Last- Lisa G. Riley
Corey & Lexie - The Race - Richard North Patterson

And I've got more ...

message 17: by Arch , Mod (new)

Share them all Justine.

message 18: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1225 comments Kit & Marcus - A Knight's Vow -Aliyah Burke -(I just wanna borrow him for a night)

Eden & Chase - The Politics of Love - Giselle Carmichael

The hero from Crush - Crystal Hubbard.

Dr. Elanna & Storm - Seascape- Stephanie Burke
Michael & Yvonne- No Commitment Required - Seressia Glass.

Mitch & Des - Berger & Mitry- David Handler

Manolito & MaryAnn - Dark Possession - Christine Feehan

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Justine I picked up three of the Berger Mitry books. I'm excited to read them.

I found one of the Smith-Levin mysteries so far.

message 20: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1225 comments Danielle wrote: "Justine I picked up three of the Berger Mitry books. I'm excited to read them.

I found one of the Smith-Levin mysteries so far."

Danielle, they are fun. You will love them. Not only because of the chemistry in the relationships, but also for the mytery of whodunit!

message 21: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1225 comments and you know- i need a dose of mitch and star right now!

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Great to hear, Justine. :)
I used to read mysteries quite a bit, back in the day.

message 23: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments I would pick Storm from Taken by Storm or Hayward from Loving True. (sorry I picked my own books).

Marie

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

That's okay, Marie. LOL. I think Storm's too alpha scary for me in real life. :)

message 25: by Arch , Mod (new)

Marie wrote: "I would pick Storm from Taken by Storm or Hayward from Loving True. (sorry I picked my own books).

Marie"

That's okay Marie. You can pick your own book.

message 26: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments That is so funny. However, Storm would be something if he appeared out of my book into real life.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

He'd be something alright. I might need a frying pan handy if I ran into him.

message 28: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments You are so funny. Storm is an alpha male, but I still love him to pieces. :)

message 29: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1225 comments Ivy - From Ivy's Twisted Vine - just so i can go upside her head!

Renee & Tag-Taking Care of Business- Brenda Jackson

Thierry & Angelique- Thierry's Angel Shara Azod

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Marie I really did like Storm. He just needed a knock upside the head. I hope I don't offend you by saying that.

message 31: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Justine, so you liked Taking Care of Business?
Someone really lambasted it on the Amazon IR forum.

message 32: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments No, I loved that you felt such passion for Storm. I rather you feel something than nothing.

Marie :)

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

That's a good point, Marie. I'm glad. I tend to put my foot in my mouth a lot.

message 34: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments No, I love hearing what my fans think about Storm since he was such a strong character.
Marie

message 35: by Arch , Mod (new)

Marie, is your character's real name Storm or is that a nick name?

message 36: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments His real name is Storm.

message 37: by Arch , Mod (new)

Marie wrote: "His real name is Storm."

Unique name.

message 38: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1225 comments Danielle wrote: "Justine, so you liked Taking Care of Business?
Someone really lambasted it on the Amazon IR forum."

Oh I liked it. I thought it was a nice light romance. Ok I admit the heroine wanted a good slapping once or twice, but there was the HEA. Something all my books must have.

I must check out what they had to say on Amazon

message 39: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
I'd read Jamie Fraser out. And then disappear from civilization to live HEA. :-D

message 40: by Arch , Mod (last edited Sep 06, 2009 05:33PM) (new)

Rae wrote: "I'd read Jamie Fraser out. And then disappear from civilization to live HEA. :-D"

Is this Jamie Fraser married? His wife could escape the book?

I would pull a Mission Impossible trick on Alyssa and Sophia. I would give Sam and Dave a new face, so that their wives couldn't tell, then again, they would know their husband's body, the way he walks.

We would have to run and become new people! :)

message 41: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Rae wrote: "I'd read Jamie Fraser out. And then disappear from civilization to live HEA. :-D"

Ha ha Rae you still liking Mr Fraser?
what will Clare say? lol

message 42: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Sharon wrote: "Ha ha Rae you still liking Mr Fraser?
what will Clare say? lol"

Hehe. She doesn't have to know. :-D

message 43: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Arch wrote: "Rae wrote: "I'd read Jamie Fraser out. And then disappear from civilization to live HEA. :-D"

Is this Jamie Fraser married? His wife could escape the book?

I would pull a Mission Impossible t..."

LOL Mission Impossible. Awesome idea, Arch!

Yes, technically Jamie's married but his wife is too back in her time. I'll just nudge her through the stones back into the 20th century and all will be well. Lol

message 44: by Arch , Mod (new)

Thanks Rae. I have to get the men out somehow.

message 45: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments
Rae you have this Jamie thing all figured out! Lol

Tina, Nora does make Roarke sound like something else lol