What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Silver Crown
This topic is about The Silver Crown
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's, fantasy adventure, evil versus good, evil is linked to colours black and red, good linked to silver and blue, jewels, read in 1980s. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EM (new)

EM | 6 comments book aimed at children aged 10-14 approx, white cover with blue/silver and black/red picture on it, some sort of quest in the book, good to triumph over evil, fantasy/adventure style book, children as main characters (I think?), some sort of castle type building is featured in the book, children are trapped at one point, jewels are important in the book

message 2: by EM (new)

EM | 6 comments Front cover description - it is a white cover, paperback, with a rectangle illustration in the middle, the name of the book is above the picture. The author's name is also on the cover but I can't remember if it is above or below the illustration. The book title and author name are in black text. The illustration has a building, possibly castle/fortress type, the colours black/red and blue silver are prominent in the illustration, I think maybe gold as well?

message 4: by EM (new)

EM | 6 comments Thanks Jenny, I'll check out your suggestion

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32352 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of The Silver Crown by Robert C. O'Brien - Jenny's suggestion:

https://books.google.com/books?id=oM0... There are different cover images.

message 6: by EM (new)

EM | 6 comments Thanks Kris. I have ordered the book The Silver Crown. The review you sent me seems familiar but there are things in it I can't remember so not entirely sure it is the book I am looking for. I'd so love it to be though!

message 7: by EM (new)

EM | 6 comments Dear Jenny & Kris, thank you so much for your help, the book is indeed The Silver Crown. It's funny how memory plays tricks as there are loads of bits of the book I cannot recall whereas a few parts are as I remembered. I looked at the book covers and none of them match the image I had in my head but hey ...

message 8: by EM (new)

EM | 6 comments SOLVED - book is called 'The Silver Crown'

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Silver Crown (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robert C. O'Brien (other topics)