2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Where'd You Go, Bernadette
This topic is about Where'd You Go, Bernadette
ARCHIVE 2019 > Where'd You Go, Bernadette: Part I-II

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4596 comments This is the discussion thread for Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple Part I-II

I have chosen to divide it like this:

Part I - Mom Versus the Gnats
Part II - Bernadette Past and Present
Part III - Menace to Society
Part IV - Invaders
Part V - Dangers Passed
Part VI - The White Continent
Part VII - The Runaway Bunny

Chantal | 435 comments I finished part 1 and 2, first 30 pages I had to get used to the writing style. The main characteur is a really weird figure LOL

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet Creasy (jmcreasy75) I'm a tad confused. Is this April or May's group read?

Chantal | 435 comments Janet wrote: "I'm a tad confused. Is this April or May's group read?"

This month so May

Judith | 18 comments I liked the writing style but found character development challenging to figure out who was who. I felt right away that Bernadette needed mental health help. And the book confirmed for me that I am increasingly unhappy with books about dysfunctional families and prefer books in which the characters have to deal with adversity. It might be tough for them to deal with their circumstances but generally I can relate to heir characters.

Ashleigh Motbey | 928 comments I'm not 100% if I've completed this part yet, as I'm listening to the audio book, but I quite like the narration so far. I find the incessant emails aspect maybe a bit annoying, but I like Bee's character!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Where'd You Go, Bernadette (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maria Semple (other topics)