YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Girls with Sharp Sticks (Girls with Sharp Sticks, #1)
This topic is about Girls with Sharp Sticks
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Girls with Sharp Sticks (Girls with Sharp Sticks #1) by Suzanne Young - Restarting November 15th 2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 129 (129 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Klancy | 1339 comments The Girls of Innovations Academy are beautiful and well-behaved—it says so on their report cards. Under the watchful gaze of their Guardians, the all-girl boarding school offers an array of studies and activities, from “Growing a Beautiful and Prosperous Garden” to “Art Appreciation” and “Interior Design.” The girls learn to be the best society has to offer. Absent is the difficult math coursework, or the unnecessary sciences or current events. They are obedient young ladies, free from arrogance or defiance. Until Mena starts to realize that their carefully controlled existence may not be quite as it appears.

As Mena and her friends begin to uncover the dark secrets of what’s actually happening there—and who they really are—the girls of Innovations will find out what they are truly capable of. Because some of the prettiest flowers have the sharpest thorns.

Karen Barber | 10129 comments Looking forward to this one.

Karen Barber | 10129 comments Opening chapter was rather odd. The girls seem vacuous, but there’s hints of the inevitable questioning.

Klancy | 1339 comments Karen wrote: "Opening chapter was rather odd. The girls seem vacuous, but there’s hints of the inevitable questioning."

I thought the same thing. The book has such a weird feel to me, especially since the girls are so oblivious sometimes

message 5: by Klancy (last edited May 03, 2019 05:12AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Klancy | 1339 comments 29%
(view spoiler)

Klancy | 1339 comments 44%
(view spoiler)

message 7: by Klancy (last edited May 03, 2019 09:51AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Klancy | 1339 comments 69%
(view spoiler)

Klancy | 1339 comments Finished

Karen Barber | 10129 comments I got sidetracked by something else. Back on it now though.

Karen Barber | 10129 comments Up to ch8. On iPad so can’t read spoilers (will respond later, as I don’t want anything to be told in advance). Taking quite a risk, and I’m curious to know what she’s done and not remembered.

Karen Barber | 10129 comments Up to ch14. Mena’s discovery starts to explain the title. Question is, who will she take with her?

Karen Barber | 10129 comments Up to ch20. Increasingly drawn in now the girls are starting to work together. Horrifying scene with Mena’s impulse control treatment.

Karen Barber | 10129 comments Klancy wrote: "29%
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10129 comments Klancy wrote: "69%
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10129 comments Up to ch25. (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10129 comments Finished. Review on home page. This would work well as a stand-alone, but I'm keen to get some answers in the next one. That ending rather surprised me, though the clues were there.

Klancy | 1339 comments Karen wrote: "Klancy wrote: "29%
[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Klancy (last edited May 06, 2019 05:15AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Klancy | 1339 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch25. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83308 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting July 12th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Mummy's Naughty Corner (mummysnaughtycorner) | 7004 comments Mod
27%

(view spoiler)

49%

(view spoiler)

75%

(view spoiler)

Finished

(view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4128 comments Wow 13% (view spoiler)

josie | 401 comments Loving it!!!!! I think I’ve found a new favourite trope, girls in girls school/girls only super-cute friendships. Loveee

josie | 401 comments Krystal wrote: "Wow 13% [spoilers removed]"

Yeah,,, eek. It does make me squirm a bit just thinking about it! (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4128 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "27%

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4128 comments 35% (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4128 comments josie wrote: "Krystal wrote: "Wow 13% [spoilers removed]"

Yeah,,, eek. It does make me squirm a bit just thinking about it! [spoilers removed]"

Right!!! (view spoiler)

josie | 401 comments Krystal wrote: "Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "27%

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

I think so too! But some aren’t even allowed to marry, it’s whatever Mr P thinks best 🙄

josie | 401 comments 45% - (view spoiler)

josie | 401 comments 63% - (view spoiler)

josie | 401 comments Finished! (view spoiler)

josie | 401 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "Finished

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah maybe, I was satisfied however. I guess that’s what the next book’s for!

Krystal wrote: "Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "27%

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

I agree

josie wrote: "Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "Finished

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah maybe, I was satisfied however. I guess that’s what the next book’s for!"

True I forgot there was a second book lol.

josie | 401 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "josie wrote: "Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "Finished

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah maybe, I was satisfied however. I guess that’s what the next book’s for!"

True I forgot there was a second book lol."

😂😂

message 38: by Krystal (last edited Jul 22, 2020 04:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krystal Ayers | 4128 comments 50% (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4128 comments josie wrote: "45% - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4128 comments 63% (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4128 comments Finished. (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4128 comments josie wrote: "Finished! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4128 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "75%

[spoilers removed]"

It was definitely strange to find out what really happened to them!

josie | 401 comments Krystal wrote: "Finished. [spoilers removed]"

Yay! Glad you enjoyed it! I loved it too.

message 45: by Dannii (last edited Oct 14, 2020 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting November 15th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

Trisha (semi-hiatus) (booksreviewsandprocrastination) | 3593 comments Starting this now!

Brinley | 3386 comments I’ll try and get to it today!

Brinley | 3386 comments Up to chapter 4
(view spoiler)

message 49: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 4788 comments Mod
Gonna jump in on this one :)

Booktastically Amazing (booktasticallyamazing) | 90 comments Eeeeeeeekkkkkkk!! This book was a masterpiece!

Brinley, chica (assuming here) you have no idea what's going to be the twist. My lips are sealed, not going to spoil anything. But dang, it left me like: OMG HOW--WHY WOULD THEY--WHAT?!

« previous 1 3