What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

C.L.O.U.D.S.
This topic is about C.L.O.U.D.S.
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book about a heavenly cloud writer and the little girl he inspires. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer | 2 comments This book was read to me in 1989 by my fourth-grade teacher. It was a gorgeous picture book. In a Heaven-type of place, there are people who paint the skies. A guy is hired to paint the skies of a city (New York, I believe?) and he's very excited about this, since lots of people will see his work. Meanwhile, a young girl (I believe she may have lost her dad?) who lives with her mother and brother enjoys laying on a hill and watching the clouds. The heavenly painter notices her appreciating his work, but she is getting discouraged with life (grief?, being told not to "daydream" and look for shapes in the clouds, etc). The sky painter had been expressly told he couldn't make specific shapes in the sky, and especially no words or letters. The sky painter breaks this rule for the girl to encourage her to keep dreaming and looking towards the sky by writing out her name and giving her words of encouragement. The painter is then reassigned to the Caribbean/some tropical island place as a demotion (the skies tend to remain the same there and not many people see them) but both he and the girl are happy with the friendship they had found. I want to say this was a Reading Rainbow book, but I may just be blending in "rainbows" because of the sky/weather theme. The pictures in the book were gorgeous. I can't seem to find anything myself. Any ideas?

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4118 comments C.L.O.U.D.S maybe??

message 3: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer | 2 comments Ayshe wrote: "C.L.O.U.D.S maybe??"

YES! That is it! I've been searching for this for literally years! Thank you!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

C.L.O.U.D.S. (other topics)