Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - Challenges > May 2019 Challenge - Topic Challenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CMT Moderator (last edited Jun 27, 2019 03:52PM) (new)

CMT Moderator (cmtmoderator) | 47 comments 🐣Topic Challenge🐰
Duration: May 1 through May 31

The Challenge:
For this challenge, select books based around the topics of some of the days we celebrate/commemorate in May.

May 2nd - Brothers Sisters Day: Read a book with Siblings in it.

May 3rd - International Tuba Day: Read a book where the MC plays an instrument or a book that has an instrument on the cover.

May 4th - Bird Day: Read a book with Bird on the cover or the MC has an animal that helps solves the crime.

May 5th - Oyster Day: Read a book where the victim is found at the Beach/in Ocean or the cover has water on it.

May 6th - National Tourist Appreciation Day: Read a book where the victim or MC is traveling.

May 7th - National Teacher's Day: Read a book where the crime takes place at a school.

May 8th - National Nurses Day: Read a Medical Thriller.

May 10th - Military Spouses Day: Read a book where the MC is in the Military.

May 12th - Mother's Day: Read a book where the MC is a Mother.

Easy: Read 1 - 3 books
Medium: Read 4 - 6 books
Hard: Read 7 - 9 books

How to participate:
Make a comment below to indicate you're participating and how many topic books you plan to read. You can edit your comment as you go to update your list of books or reply with a new comment.

Happy Reading!

🐣Topic Challenge🐰 Participants:

Barbara 1/1 - msg 3 COMPLETED!
Clarissa 54/4-6 - msg 5 COMPLETED!
Jenny 6/4-6 - COMPLETED!
Jess 0/4-6 - msg 4
Julsey 3/1-3 - COMPLETED!
Sheri 1/1 - COMPLETED!

updated 06/27/19 3:52pm

message 2: by Julesy (last edited May 14, 2019 04:52PM) (new)

Julesy | 87 comments I'm going to try with Easy: Read 1 - 3 books. COMPLETED

Updated: May 15

A Sip Before Dying (Wine & Dine Mysteries #1) by Gemma Halliday A Sip Before Dying by Gemma Halliday - May 7

May 5th - Oyster Day: Read a book where the victim is found at the Beach/in Ocean or the cover has water on it.
Whale of a Crime (Gray Whale Inn Mystery, #7) by Karen MacInerney Whale of a Crime by Karen MacInerney - May 11

May 6th - National Tourist Appreciation Day: Read a book where the victim or MC is traveling.
An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena - May 15

message 3: by Barbara K (last edited Apr 30, 2019 06:53PM) (new)

Barbara K | 326 comments I plan to try this, but I’m still thinking about the level.

OK, I’m only committing to 2 at this point; depending on what else comes up I may add to the list.

May 2, Siblings: Beyond the Truth (Hanne Wilhelmsen, #7) by Anne Holt
May 5, Oyster: The Body on the Shore (DCI Craig Gillard #2) by Nick Louth

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 10 comments I'm going with Medium: Read 4 - 6 books

message 5: by Clarissa (last edited May 30, 2019 06:28PM) (new)

Clarissa (clarissalarissa) | 1 comments I am going to aim for Medium 4-6 books.

** Updated 30 May 2019 **
Finished A Twisted Journey by Angela GoDiva Moorer for Tourist Appreciation Day.

Finished reading The Redbird's Song by Joshua Woods for Bird Day.

Finished The Code Hunters - A Nicholas Foxe Adventure by Jackson Coppley for Military Spouses Day.

Finished Beneath by Maureen A. Miller for Oyster Day.

message 6: by Jenny (last edited May 31, 2019 06:16AM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Medium - 6 / 4-6

Jewel of the Kimberley by Erin Moira O'Hara - 5 ★ -- 15 / 05 / 2019

May 4th - Bird Day: Read a book with Bird on the cover or the MC has an animal that helps solves the crime.

Harry The Wonder Cat: The Legend of the Pink Diamond by Denise Brixey - 5★ -- 25 / 05 / 2019

The Red Pavillion by Jean Chapman - 5 ★ -- 15 / -5 / 2019

May 7th - National Teacher's Day: Read a book where the crime takes place at a school.

School Days by Robert B. Parker - 4 ★ -- 25 / 05 / 2019

Miss Nightingale's Nurses by Kate Eastham - 4 ★ - 20 / 05 / 2019

Operation Date with Destiny by Karlene Blakemore-Mowle - 4 ★ -- 24 / 05 / 2019

Jewel of the Kimberley (Steele Ops #3) by Erin Moira O'Hara Operation Date with Destiny (Operation, #4) by Karlene Blakemore-Mowle The Red Pavillion by Jean Chapman Miss Nightingale's Nurses (Nursing #1) by Kate Eastham School Days (The Spenser Series Book 33) by Robert B. Parker Harry The Wonder Cat The Legend of the Pink Diamond by Denise Brixey

message 7: by ˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri •°*”˜.•°*”˜, Moderator (last edited May 31, 2019 06:24AM) (new)

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1452 comments Mod
Easy Read

May 2nd, siblings Murder at the Brightwell

Well, I didn't do very good on this challenge did I.

message 8: by Barbara K (new)

Barbara K | 326 comments Well, life got in the way this month and I've only read one book toward this challenge - and it isn't either of the ones I planned on. The book is All This I Will Give to You.
My review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Finished

Medium - 6 / 4-6

Jewel of the Kimberley by Erin Moira O'Hara - 5 ★ -- 15 / 05 / 2019

Harry The Wonder Cat: The Legend of the Pink Diamond by Denise Brixey - 5★ -- 25 / 05 / 2019

The Red Pavillion by Jean Chapman - 5 ★ -- 15 / -5 / 2019

School Days by Robert B. Parker - 4 ★ -- 25 / 05 / 2019

Miss Nightingale's Nurses by Kate Eastham - 4 ★ - 20 / 05 / 2019

Operation Date with Destiny by Karlene Blakemore-Mowle - 4 ★ -- 24 / 05 / 2019

Jewel of the Kimberley (Steele Ops #3) by Erin Moira O'Hara Operation Date with Destiny (Operation, #4) by Karlene Blakemore-Mowle The Red Pavillion by Jean Chapman Miss Nightingale's Nurses (Nursing #1) by Kate Eastham School Days (The Spenser Series Book 33) by Robert B. Parker Harry The Wonder Cat The Legend of the Pink Diamond by Denise Brixey

message 10: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 45 comments I'm reading Those We Left Behind (DCI Serena Flanagan #1) by Stuart Neville . It brings out the dark side!