What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Cold Summer
This topic is about Cold Summer
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA novel with boy living in two different time periods. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.S.G (new) - added it

C.S.G | 5 comments All I can remember is that the narrator is a boy and he jumps between two time periods and I think he can't control it. He's either in present time, or he's back in, I believe, a war? From what I remember, the opening (or somewhere close to the opening) has him sitting on the back porch or back step of his house and someone is irritated with him for always disappearing and never being around. Might be an LGBTQ novel.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
C.S.G., around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

What are the time periods and locations (country/region/big city/small town) that boy time travels between?

Does some object or location trigger his time travel?

Can you tell us more about the boy - his age, skills/powers/interests, personality, family/friends in both time periods, etc.? Is there romance?

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by C.S.G (new) - added it

C.S.G | 5 comments Kris wrote: "C.S.G., around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

What are the time periods and locations (country/region/big city/small town) that boy time travels between?
..."

I read it this year. I have no idea what the locations or time periods are except that one of them is present time and I think the other is a war. I don't know what triggers it, don't know anything else about the boy, don't know if there's romance (but it's possible there is?). Don't really know a lot about it at all because I only read the first couple pages or so. Everything I know is in the first post, which isn't really much to go by :/

message 4: by Kris (new)

No worries. You've provided a number of helpful search terms. Does it seem like the boy is traveling into the distant past or future when he experiences the war (or other time period)?

message 5: by C.S.G (new) - added it

C.S.G | 5 comments Ah, I'm really not sure. I just know wherever he goes to it's a real event in history and he never appeared to travel into the future (meaning he only went back and forth between the war and present time, never ahead of the year he normally exists in).

message 8: by C.S.G (new) - added it

C.S.G | 5 comments I found it!!! It's called "Cold Summer" by Gwen Cole. Thank you guys for trying to help!

message 9: by Kris (new)

Great. Glad you found your book, C.S.G. Here's the link - Cold Summer by Gwen Cole.