What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Winter Pony
This topic is about The Winter Pony
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book about a pony forced on an arctic voyage of sorts (realistic fiction, I'm pretty certain). [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nate (new) - added it

Nate | 2 comments So, I read this around . . . 2012. I've absolutely no guess as to when it was published, the author, or even the title.
From what all I remember, it was about this pony/horse who was forced onto a ship with some men who took him into the arctic circle. He trudged through the ice and snow as more and more of the men died off. Eventually, his best friend--a dog?--died, and he watched the men eat the poor thing. Then he, too, passed, and I think there was a chapter about heaven? It also mentioned that the men had eaten him as well.
The cover (though I doubt how much help this'll provide) was pale blue with a close-up of a white horse's face on the front.

message 2: by Mai (last edited Apr 17, 2019 06:45AM) (new)

Mai | 1164 comments The Winter Pony by Iain Lawrence? Published in 2011.

Found searching "novel" "point of view of a horse" "ice" "snow". The cover matches your description!

message 3: by Nate (new) - added it

Nate | 2 comments Yeah! Holy crap, I've been searching for years and you just-
Good lord!
But yeah, that's it!
Thanks, so much.

message 4: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1164 comments I'm glad this is the book you were looking for! It's always good to ask, different people think of different words when searching online :-)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Winter Pony (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Iain Lawrence (other topics)