The Sun Is Also a Star The Sun Is Also a Star question

When is the last time you bought a book or books?

Lady Willpower (last edited May 27, 2019 07:43AM ) May 27, 2019 07:39AM   0 votes
Good for you! Books are the best birthday presents!

The last time I bought a book was last week. My local library has a year-round used book sale, and I picked up a couple, including The Book Thief. I actually buy most of my books there, because you can get them for 75c - $1.00 a piece. It's a great way to experiment with new authors and genres without spending a ton of money. And if I don't like something (which is rare), I can just donate it back to the library or Goodwill.

My last purchase was at the beginning of June, Marie Kondo's the life-changing manga of tidying up. Fun!

My last purchase I think was last year ? which makes me incredibly sad obviously !! Being a (university) student has its disadvantages, for instance, I have a monthly budget to stick to and therefore am forced to always walk past the bookshops (I wouldn't be able to get out of the shop without a book lol). But I'm studying literature so that's a win, isn't it? Plus, I managed to save enough to sign up for my local library yesterday and I am impatiently waiting for my card to come in order for me to be able to borrow books and read lots!!

Eek! I'd love to have bookshelves filled from top to bottom with amazing books that I've written illegible notes into and higlighted my favourite passages, but, to be honest, I don't have the space or money to have all these books!😬 I take full advantage of my local library to the point where the librarians know me by name and I know each of them😂 So, the last book that I got from the library was "Everything, Everything", which I got yesterday. But the last book that I bought was probably a school book, if I'm being honest. (Sorry for the long comment, I think k you can tell that I'm bored😂)

F 25x33
Lady Willpower I hear t hat! We don't have a lot of space either, so every once in a while I have to purge the bookshelves so there's room for new books. But I only ...more
May 27, 2019 07:40AM · flag