░N░e░w░ ░A░u░t░h░o░r░s░ discussion

Evolution of a Killer (The Lazarus Chronicles #1)
This topic is about Evolution of a Killer
Meet the Author 2019 > Robert Ullrich

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grasshopper, Administrator (last edited Apr 30, 2019 01:37PM) (new) - added it

Grasshopper Bot (daisyking) | 6172 comments Mod
Meet the Author Robert Ulrich in May.

message 2: by Grasshopper, Administrator (last edited Apr 30, 2019 01:43PM) (new) - added it

Robert UllrichHis first release was a collection of poetry, musings and photography. “Life and Death in a Single Breath” , published by Xlibris in March of 2016.

Evolution of a killer is the story of how Lazarus Solaris, only child of Jared and Margaux, evolved into a contract killer known as the Chameleon.

message 3: by Grasshopper, Administrator (last edited Apr 30, 2019 01:44PM) (new) - added it

Over to you Robert Ullrich

message 4: by Grasshopper, Administrator (new) - added it

Would you like to share with the readers how you took up writing? Disclose your inspiration, your muse?

message 5: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Ullrich (robert_m_ullrich) | 49 comments I started writing with poetry in the 80's. Much of which I posted in my blog or Facebook page as a note. After publishing Life and Death, I was encouraged by Dr. Hudson, the editor on Evolution of a Killer, to try my hand at writing a full-length novel. Her challenge to me was to create a character as capable of random acts of kindness as he was violence. Lazarus Solaris is the result.

The muse for much of my poetry since 2007 is my wife Kim. I find the world around me to be the greatest muse of all. I have lived an interesting life, and have met remarkable people along the way. It is in those people I find the inspiration for characters in my novels, and my experiences for some of the story-lines. (No, I was never a contract killer...I just like crime fiction1)

message 6: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Ullrich (robert_m_ullrich) | 49 comments I am curious as to how many of you like reading a series versus stand alone novels. I have ready many a series from many a writer.

message 7: by Grasshopper, Administrator (new) - added it

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Robert.
To know more about the author, one can also meet him on Facebook as he is the lucky winner of a double feature (Goodreads MI contest May)
https://m.facebook.com/2000NewAuthors...

message 8: by Grasshopper, Administrator (last edited May 04, 2019 10:26PM) (new) - added it

Robert wrote: "I am curious as to how many of you like reading a series versus stand alone novels. I have ready many a series from many a writer."
Personally, if the story is 'unputdownable', I hunt for the entire series. However, I have more often enjoyed the stand alone ones.

message 9: by Catherine (last edited May 05, 2019 08:49AM) (new) - added it

Catherine Habbie | 1908 comments Hi Robert.
Do you have a mind map ready for your next book?

message 10: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Ullrich (robert_m_ullrich) | 49 comments Interesting question, I've never heard it put that way. However, I think I understand it, and yes, I have my next novel well mapped out with one main plot, one secondary and three possible endings.

I try to jot little notes as the story begins to unfold in my head. I often bounce them off my wife, who is a great listener and can even read between my thoughts.

I write in spurts because of it. I have the main plot well-defined in my mind so it is moving right along. The secondary has become more complex as I go. I really like this part of the process, the way I write, anyway. There is nothing better to me than an unexpected thought coming at me, seemingly out of nowhere, that can and has sent me back to the drawing board.!

message 11: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine Habbie | 1908 comments 👍

message 12: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Ullrich (robert_m_ullrich) | 49 comments If I may, how many in the group actually write reviews on books, not just rate them? Ratings are good, certainly, but reviews go much further.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Robert wrote: "If I may, how many in the group actually write reviews on books, not just rate them? Ratings are good, certainly, but reviews go much further."

I always write a review if I finish the book. I tend to read numerous books then leave the reviews when I log on my PC.

message 14: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Robert wrote: "I am curious as to how many of you like reading a series versus stand alone novels. I have ready many a series from many a writer."

It depends on the story and the author. Some authors write amazing series' and others not so much. If I find some characters that I adore and they have a wonderful story that needs a series then go for it. But, some characters only need one book! If I read a series I don't like having to wait too long for the next installment, waiting a week is fine but anything longer than a month and I start to lose interest.

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily Pennington (shermayne23) | 1 comments If I read a book, a rating alone would not be enough. I always fully review each one I read. The author deserves that for having shared his or her wonderful story with me. I read all kinds of books and almost always have enjoyed them all.

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (freyabarrett) I only write a review if I'm passionate about the book, otherwise, I leave a number review.

message 17: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) | 260 comments I always write reviews, but just like Lisa only on certain genre. I am not at all a fan of what is being created today, filled with violence, fantasy and villains.

message 18: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Ullrich (robert_m_ullrich) | 49 comments I appreciate the feedback. I understand the not wanting to wait for the next in a series. I get advised by a few of my fans to write faster!

message 19: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Ullrich (robert_m_ullrich) | 49 comments The weekend cometh, and just in the nick of time. I have been away from my WIP for family matters as well as a new job. I found The words for the scene I was working on lat, yesterday whilst working. I got it down at lunch!

message 20: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Ullrich (robert_m_ullrich) | 49 comments Both "Evolution of a Killer" Evolution of a Killer (The Lazarus Chronicles #1) by Robert Ullrich and "Family Matters" Family Matters A Lazarus Solaris Thriller (The Lazarus Chronicles Book 2) by Robert Ullrich will be available free in the next two weeks. Grab a copy on me!

[ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B43N1D8 ] “Evolution of a Killer,” Book one of the Lazarus Chronicles: a series of crime thrillers with action and adventure. Download the Kindle version free June 1st and 2nd on Amazon.

[ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQHJ2V5 ] “Family Matters,” Book two of the Lazarus Chronicles. Download the Kindle version free May 25th and 26th.

Coming soon - Book three - "The Witness"

Lazarus Solaris; orphaned by the age of 7. Raised in France by his Aunt Ziva - Holocaust survivor, MBA with a degree in psychology, entrepreneur, philanthropist, lover of the sea, sailing. animals and nature - AKA the Chameleon: internationally renowned and pursued assassin and fixer, master of disguise, employer of one of the world's greatest hackers, black ops contractor for the CIA and an occasional vigilante. A cold-blooded killer as capable of a random act of kindness as he is violence.

Evolution - How he became the killer he was fated to be.
Family Matters - A story of loyalty and betrayal and how family is more than just genetics.
The Witness – You can’t always escape the consequences of doing the right thing.

message 21: by Jen - The Tolkien Gal (last edited May 19, 2019 07:30AM) (new)

Jen - The Tolkien Gal (fayepixie) | 8 comments Robert wrote: "I am curious as to how many of you like reading a series versus stand alone novels. I have ready many a series from many a writer."

Hi Robert! It's so nice to meet you. I think there are down sides to series and stand-alone novels. I love series for the continuity and knowing that something else is waiting. However, things get frustrating when the author hasn't released a book in years. This seems quite common, especially with certain fantasy authors.

I absolutely love stand-alones if they have a satisfactory ending - not necessarily happy, but if it's a great novel. However, if the book is frustrating, I would prefer a follow up to tie loose ends.

P.S. Your story about your wife as your muse is so heartfelt!

Thanks for this Q&A!

message 22: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Ullrich (robert_m_ullrich) | 49 comments Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー wrote: "Robert wrote: "I am curious as to how many of you like reading a series versus stand alone novels. I have ready many a series from many a writer."

Hi Robert! It's so nice to meet you. I think ther..."

My pleasure. As for my series, I am currently keeping pace at one novel per year. I am now 65, and semi-retired, and am hoping to get my third volume out this year, which be the second in 2019. Family Matters was released in February, 12 months after Evolution.
'
Thank you for commenting. I hope you will take advantage of my free novels on May 25th & 26th for Family Matters, and Evolution of a Killer on June 1st & 2nd.

Happy Reading!

message 23: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Ullrich (robert_m_ullrich) | 49 comments I would like to personally thank G.B. for giving me this opportunity in Meet the Author. I appreciate the comments and questions from the community. It's been very interesting and enjoyable. I hope you benefited as well. Happy reading, and feel free to contact me anytime.

message 24: by Grasshopper, Administrator (new) - added it

It was a pleasure hosting you Robert. Thank you for sharing your work with us this month.