Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #4)
This topic is about Daughter of Ancients
Bridge of D’Arnath > Bridge of D'arnath #4-Daughter of Anciemts-Finished Reading, Spoilers Allowed

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
It is blizzarding here, and so I am settling in to read! Hoping to start this tonight....

Tell us what you thought!

message 2: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 798 comments Mod
This was my review—not very specific to this book, but more as a capstone to the series.

“A very strong ending to a wonderful series. Berg has created a marvelous trio of worlds, populated them with a variety of nuanced characters, and woven them into a complex tale of magic, power, politics, love, betrayal, loyalty, change, and trust. While it appeared there was perhaps little more to say at the end of the third book in the series, Berg capped it off with this fourth book that truly brings the story to a fitting conclusion.”

I will add more when some other folks have finished it.

message 3: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
I am still working on it-have a rather eventful April! Hoping my life calms down now! Really want to find out where it's all going!

message 4: by Janny (new)

Janny (jannywurts) | 414 comments If you love Carol Berg - her newest book is just releasing, but she had to change her byline...hence, this FYI post - She's now Cate Glass, and the title is An Illusion of Thieves. I've read it (for blurb) and loved it.

message 5: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 798 comments Mod
Janny wrote: "If you love Carol Berg - her newest book is just releasing, but she had to change her byline...hence, this FYI post - She's now Cate Glass, and the title is An Illusion of Thieves. ..."

Thanks for the FYI! I just talked my husband into reading her Rai-Kirah series (he’s racing through the first book).