What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Christopher
This topic is about Christopher
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book from the 80s - a boy breaks into an abandoned house and meets a man there who trains him in psychic powers via a series of lessons, one each day. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alloni (new)

Alloni | 9 comments Hi! So I read this book somewhere around '85-88 (I think). It's about a boy (whose name I want to say is Christopher, but I could be wildly wrong) who breaks into an abandoned house on a dare and finds a man there who trains his innate psychic powers. This is done by a series of lessons - the first one of which is a box that creates multicolored spots all over the walls of his house, and the only way he's able to get rid of them just before his parents get home is to relax his brain. Later, he learns things like shrinking and going into other people's minds (for the purposes of psychic healing and training). (view spoiler) Thanks a lot!

message 3: by Alloni (new)

Alloni | 9 comments No, neither of those.

message 5: by Alloni (new)

Alloni | 9 comments Thanks for trying, but no. I'm shocked that this book seems to be completely unknown.

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4272 comments Maybe (... wait for it...) Christopher?

message 7: by Alloni (new)

Alloni | 9 comments ...that was it! Why didn't it come up when I searched for Christopher before? Thanks!

message 8: by Alloni (new)

Alloni | 9 comments ...oh, it didn't come up because Christopher has so many references. I feel less like an idiot.

message 9: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4272 comments You're welcome! Of course you're not an idiot. I just found it funny to have been titled exactly how you were remembering the boy's name.