What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Weird fiction of a game where you try to hide or find an item on a planet with traps

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Malachi (new)

Malachi (Arachia) | 2 comments I found this book like 20 years ago I think in the fort Myers library children's section. I t was part of a fiction series think the author might of been something like Silvan, but really not sure. all the books were paper back I think but they were also silver in color. another book in the series a boy travels to a mirror world through a special mirror and he is a girl in the other world. I know that in the beginning the kid is allowed to play the first game without consequences, because he is just learning how the game works but futures games have dire consequences for himself, those around him, and even his planet. All of this author's book are weird fictional stories almost similar to R.L. Stine but more scifi less horror.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 117 comments Parts of this sound a little like Parasite Pig and Interstellar Pig by William Sleator - but I don't think the mirror world is in there.

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2041 comments Laura wrote: "Parts of this sound a little like Parasite Pig and Interstellar Pig by William Sleator - but I don't think the mirror world is in there."

I agree. Sleator wrote a lot of books, so maybe the mirror story is a different book of his.

message 4: by Malachi (new)

Malachi (Arachia) | 2 comments yep thanks that gave me the pieces I was looking for. Some of his books were part of a book series called the firebird: where fantasy takes flight. The other book i mentioned was another author also in that publisher series. also the cover on your listing was wrong and it through me for a minute but found the right cover art here: link: my link

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2041 comments Great!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32339 comments Mod
Malachi, here's a link for the Firebird Sci Fi & Fantasy imprint books (Penguin Group) - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

Do you recognize one of these books as having the mirror story?

Firebird doesn't appear to be a book series, so we can't shelve it as a solution. (Alternatively, we can shelve Interstellar Pig by William Sleator, for example, if you feel your search is over.)

message 7: by Barrylee (new)

Barrylee Elder | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Malachi, here's a link for the Firebird Sci-Fi & Fantasy imprint books (Penguin Group) - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

Do you recognize one of these books as having the ..."

On the spine of a lot of paperback fantasy books I've read, they have a symbol that says Firebird. But it's not a series of books, more like a brand of books. Here's a link to their website http://www.firebirdbooks.com/

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Parasite Pig (other topics)
Interstellar Pig (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

William Sleator (other topics)