What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Moonfall
This topic is about Moonfall
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Searching for title, children's picture book, prior to 1990, girl tried to replace fallen moon she's found. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jody (new)

Jody I am trying to find a children's picture book that would have been published prior to 1995, it's a book all of my siblings remember but cannot place.

A girl finds the crumpled deflated moon in her garden and must get it back in the sky. In the end she ends up blowing bubbles and one replaces the moon.

I believe this is a picture book because I have a pretty vivid memory of the pictures.

message 2: by Mai (last edited Apr 08, 2019 07:31AM) (new)

Mai | 1253 comments I found one that might fit your description; it was published in 1993.
Moonfall by Susan Whitcher
It's mentioned in this article:
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-...
The book is full of wonder and fun. Sylvie, a young girl, happens to be looking out the window one night when she notices the crescent moon is dangerously low in the sky. In fact, it seems to be caught in the branches of a neighbor's lilac bush.
[...]
For 15 nights, there is no moon. Finally, Sylvie's neighbor finds some crumpled-up trash underneath the lilac. It looks like a curved, narrow strip of white aluminum siding, with jagged edges. Sylvie takes it home to scrub and polish it, but a horrible thing happens. The moon melts into the soapy water of the washtub.
The happy ending, however, will delight anyone who loves to blow bubbles.

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody Thank you so much. That is it!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Moonfall (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Whitcher (other topics)