What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Short-Story Horror - man in desert gets attacked by creature, then develops mysterious tumor

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie C | 1 comments Read in early 2000s. It was a collection of short horror stories. The only story remembered was about a man that was in the desert, and he notices something kind of moving in the sand. An imp-ish human-ish creature pops out and attacks him. Soon he develops a weird lump (I think on his shoulder). The lump grows and moves, and body parts start forming out of it, like an eye.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Natalie ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 196 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1515 comments Still looking for this?

message 5: by Bert (new)

Bert Rubini | 3 comments Well, the details don't match up exactly but could you be thinking of "I am the Doorway" by Stephen King? Part of a collection of short stories called "Night Shift".

spoilers below!

I don't remember the imp creature but he does get these weird bumps on his hands that develop into eyes, and later more eyes pop out on his chest. The eyes are the "doorway" through which alien creatures are watching our world.
The protagonist does live in the desert and there's a scene where he goes for a walk in the desert and the aliens take control of his body, and he kills a stranger he meets in the desert. It's a long shot but maybe that's what you're looking for.