What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Scifi, aliens, labyrinth, read in the late 80s/early 90s

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cari (new)

Cari | 2 comments Hello,

I read this book in the late 80s/early 90s - I believe it was from my local public library. The vague details I remember are that there was some alien race that confined the local population to live within some sort of labyrinth/maze structure with high walls.

Any ideas?

message 2: by Kris (last edited Apr 11, 2019 11:13AM) (new)

Kris | 32231 comments Mod
Cari, what's the tone - for older adults or teens (young adults), mystery, adventure, thriller, romance, etc.?

Can you describe the society? Or the main character(s)?

A long shot - Mazes of Scorpio (Pandahem Cycle, #1) by Alan Burt Akers?

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Another guess: The House of Doors

message 4: by Tathariell (new)

Tathariell | 171 comments Long shot, but possibly An Alien Light?

message 5: by Cari (last edited Apr 12, 2019 08:01AM) (new)

Cari | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Cari, what's the tone - for older adults or teens (young adults), mystery, adventure, thriller, romance, etc.?

Can you describe the society? Or the main character(s)?

A long shot - Mazes of Scorpio

I wish I could! I'm pretty sure it wasn't a young adult novel. It's not Mazes of Scorpio - thank you for the suggestion.

Andria wrote: "Another guess: The House of Doors"

Sadly not it! Although I did enjoy The House of Doors :)

Tathariell wrote: "Long shot, but possibly An Alien Light?"

This might be it? I looked at the covers and the hardcover artwork sort of maybe rings a bell. Publication date is plausible for the time period. I'll pick up a copy and see if it's the one.

Thank you!

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Carl ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 210 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2358 comments Carl, are you still looking for this? If so, can you tell us anything about the aliens' motivation fir the maze thing (testing, training, amusement)?