What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Mystery of a brother who commits suicide & his sibling returning home to find out why

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Apr 04, 2019 11:30AM) (new)

Lisa | 2 comments I want to say I read this book around 2016 possibly 2015 - and it was a new book at the time. The best I can remember about the plot was a man and his girlfriend/fiance were camping and he ended committing suicide by jumping off a cliff. His brother comes home for the funeral and tries to find out why he did it. There he tries to get answers from his brother's girlfriend and their parents. Their parents - the dad was having an affair and his mother was very controlling and kind of crazy. Without giving the ending away - he finds out a family secret, which the girlfriend had also found out about leading to his brother's death.
It was a really good book and a fast read. Was hoping to find it again.
Thank you!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32194 comments Mod
Lisa, how old are the two brothers? Did the younger/older brother die?

What are the jobs/skills/interests of the main characters?

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 2 comments I think the brothers were in their late 20s or early 30s. It was the younger brother who committed suicide. I can't remember what job the older brother had, I want to say journalist, but that is a guess at best.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Lisa ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 195 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!