American Westerns discussion

Coyote Courage (A Brock Clemons Western #1)
This topic is about Coyote Courage
Group Reads > Spring 2019 - Coyote Courage

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edwin, Moderator (last edited Apr 03, 2019 03:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edwin (edmandu) | 226 comments The story of Brock Clemons is a tale of bravery, adventure and romance, and will transport readers back to a time when chivalry, courage and gun fights ruled the days in the West. The ebook is a bargain at $0.99.

message 2: by Edwin, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edwin (edmandu) | 226 comments My review: A very solid and well written traditional western introducing Brock Clemons, a young man traveling the West by himself, in search of something that is explained much later in the book. Brock is not a typical gunslinger, more altruistic and sympathetic than violent. Supporting characters are well drawn, especially the love interest Sophie, the valiant boy Huck, and the main villain Kurt. A story told with enough tension to keep my interest, and a satisfying ending that neatly wrapped up the loose ends. My only qualm is that it runs a bit long after the climax and it can be a bit wordy at times.

message 3: by Tim (new) - added it

Tim (timi2u) | 66 comments I’m playing catch up, so this is the next western I’ll read, appreciate hearing your thoughts on this one Edwin.

message 4: by HornFan2 (last edited Jul 21, 2019 04:39PM) (new) - added it

HornFan2  (hornfan2) | 93 comments I'll get to this eventually, just have a way too huge TBR list and like your review.